It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Can We Get The Nation, To Go On Strike?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Why would they want to?

How about expecting a level of fair taxation? Have the rich pay their fair share of taxes?

As a Canadian citizen, we're not facing a deficit problem. We're facing a revenue problem. We talk about cutting services, tightening the belt and making due on less. Everyone must bite it a little with this deficit. But it's not a deficit problem. The tax dollars of the rich are returned because governments state they don't need them. Then in turn are cutting the services that our system relies on, freezing wages on the middle class, targeting pensions and benefits of those that need them to provide for their families.

If everyone, rich and poor, small business and large corporations, all paid their fair share of taxes.. the western world would be in a much better situation.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
reply to post by Skewed

Why would they want to?

How about expecting a level of fair taxation? Have the rich pay their fair share of taxes?

As a Canadian citizen, we're not facing a deficit problem. We're facing a revenue problem. We talk about cutting services, tightening the belt and making due on less. Everyone must bite it a little with this deficit. But it's not a deficit problem. The tax dollars of the rich are returned because governments state they don't need them. Then in turn are cutting the services that our system relies on, freezing wages on the middle class, targeting pensions and benefits of those that need them to provide for their families.

If everyone, rich and poor, small business and large corporations, all paid their fair share of taxes.. the western world would be in a much better situation.

I think something like 99% of the wealth in America is owned by the richest 1%. IS THAT FREEDOM TO YOU? IS THAT FREE MARKET CAPITALISM TO YOU?!!!! (not yelling at you btw

edit on 15-5-2011 by descartes90 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

I agree, Skewed. On many of your points/views.
This will help me sort out a lot of questions, I've had for a long time.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by C21H30O2I

I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but do you realize that if the entire country just went on strike, it would send us into an economic collapse so fast we wouldn't even have time to make the picket signs.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by descartes90

It is not. At least not in my understanding of it as lowly citizen of the middle class.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but do you realize that if the entire country just went on strike, it would send us into an economic collapse so fast we wouldn't even have time to make the picket signs.

I do not see that as being a bad thing.

After all, what we currently have is flawed and broken and needs a massive reset and a new system implemented, what better time to implement something new if it collapses. I personally would not mind an economic collapse. As I see it, those with little or nothing would hardly be affected anyways, those with everything are the ones to stand to lose stuff, and mostly material objects at that. Those that struggle in daily life are stronger than those that live off a silver platter.

edit on 15-5-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

Thanks for that...Maybe that's what we need, no? They, would certainly, want to know our demands.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

Its going that way anyway, a strike would in my eyes be a last ditch attempt at saving a once great nation by kicking out all the power hungry middle men of politics.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelmcclen

You took the thought right out of my head..LoL

thanks.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mrjones7885

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

This could only happen if some how everyone became aware of how the world is really run..

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I think it would be way to hard to get a whole nation to agree to strike in order to cripple the government.
However I'm certain if a way could be found to cripple the national grid and the country was without any electricity for any great length of time.........

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
pick a date--[july 4th would be nice] contact every person-media-web sites-blogs-under an organizational name-[like freedom strike] and hope for the best-someday enough people will wake up and act. Maybe you will be the lucky one to start it.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Agreeing to not buy more than what we each individually deem necessary would be enough to gum up the works. I know that I have personally cut my spending by as much as 70%, when compared to my spending level from few years ago. I went from a life of excess, and straight down to having just the basics, as a way to express my dissatisfaction.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by itsawild1

Thanks for a positive outlook
Who knows.... someday real change, real politicians...dreaming again.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
To start something off like this we would have to think small. There is no way in hell we could collectively get the entire country to band together at one time to do something. Get your town to do something, get some media coverage, then take it to the county level, then to the state level and finally the country.

It has to start small and insignificant and grow and spread like a virus. That is the only way.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

I agree, more than you know. That is, exactly how, IMO, it should go down.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Wisconsin had the right idea, however, in that case I agreed with their state government on that. But, the idea itself was sound and the protesters did not have adequate support. I was hoping they would spawn other communities to start protesting things but it sputtered out. Maybe taking things on like BS tax laws. For instance, in my town, we are now being taxed for rain runoff because our drainage system is in ill repair and cannot always handle the runoff, so in essence we are taxed when it rains.

edit on 15-5-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Taxed when it rains, that sucks! Annually? And if so, do they give you a cut? or is it a set annual tax, a cut meaning, do they say we got 200 days of rain this year and tax you only for that much?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

No, it is based off of how much acreage, roof square footage, and hard surfaces. It is conceivable that we could have little to no rain for any particular season and still have to pay the tax. It is built right into the property tax.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join