It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A man will be punished by dripping acid into his eyes in Tehran on Saturday May 14- Norway condemns

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Caji316
Even though I don't hold for the bibles "an eye for an eye" for punishment, it sure would get America straitened out really quick....The jails and prisons would be quickly emptied....save us a lot of money also....

The Bible does not hold an eye for an eye punishment. Jesus preached against it. Jesus preached loving your enemy, turning the other cheek, and do unto others what you would have them do unto you. An eye for an eye punishment has no room for compassion or mercy, which is the opposite message of the Bible.

No I do not condone this punishment, or believe it should be carried out. It is not up to me to decide. Revenge is only sweet for a few moments.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I think its great news coming from a country thats projected as being an oppresor of womens rights.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Mystery_Lady

Revenge never lives up to expectations. At least in my experience.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Ok some people think of this as an appropriate decision, but I disagree.
It's barbaric, savage.
It's revenge. If someone punche's you in the face, of cos your natural instict would be to defend your self and you would like a bit of revenge, but that's not inhumane, boxing is a sport.
Throwing acid in one's eye's is inhumane, call it what you want, it's inhumane.
In an advanced society such thing's cannot be accepted. Before we know it, the street's will run red.
Think of it this way then, should the people who suffered by being bombed from the sky whilst in war, they lost everything and their loved ones possibly some limb's also, should they be given a plane and some misiles so they can fly over the people that bombed them?

It's an exagerrated scenario, make's you think though, would this logic be for all?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Well as much as i hate the political system in Iran and the supression of its people by the regime there, i cant but help feel in this case the punishment is fitting. After all the bloke being punished did do the same to another human being. I know he will be blinded as a result but did he think about the consequences of his actions on the person he did this to? No. So i have little sympathy. He will still have his life. And did not loose his head or got hung. And before anyone says i dont know what i am talking about i might also add that i only have sight in one eye myself and have done so since being born. I know all the problems that is caused as a result of it. I would love to be able to see out of both eyes, that would be a gift that would make me leap for joy. But that will never happen. So i appreciate the ability to see with what vision i have. If someone took away my eyesight completely i would be pretty hacked off as well. The bible did say an eye for an eye after all. You reap what you sow. Karma.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum
reply to post by Droogie

What did they do to get this punishment?

I can't quite figure it out.

edit on 5/13/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

He did the same thing to a women because she refused to marry him.

It's harsh and inhumane and nobody deserves it.....But I can't say I feel bad for the guy. Karma is coming for him.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Caji316
Even though I don't hold for the bibles "an eye for an eye" for punishment, it sure would get America straitened out really quick....The jails and prisons would be quickly emptied....save us a lot of money also....

How would we get the rich criminals though ? that remains the only problem in America...and it is the cause of all our others.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Droogie

Two wrongs do not make a right.

God, this planet and it's inhabitants just are not growing up..................and some of us are truly hopeless.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlayeR87
Does he deserve it? yes, should it be done? no.
That kind of punishment is wrong on so many levels

Thank god there are still sane people on this forum. I was totally stunned to see a reply advocating this penalty being starred 62 times.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DuceizBack

Originally posted by manta78

Originally posted by MrB0B
This is completely horrific!

No-one is saying that this bloke is innocent, but to decide by law that he is to be blinded by the 'victim' is so far along the path of wrong I am surprised that anyone here could believe this 'sentence' to be just.

It's stories like this that make me wonder whether humanity stands any chance of making it.

Same type of "justice" is used in Haiti...may not be officially sanctioned, but it very much exists there to this day in some parts of the country. Steal an item from someone's house, you lose a hand; steal someone's wife, and you lose....well you can figure that one out...

For a country such as Iran which is trying to show the world that they are supposedly such a shining example of that part of the world for all to emulate, or envy, they are still a thousand years behind the times.

I think Iran is bad and all, but don't ever compare a semi decent country like Iran to a piece of crap like Haiti[ which is full of std's and voodoo idiots]

I hate Islam as much as anybody, but these guys [Iran] actually have potential to become civilized.

Full of STDs and Voodoo idiots? That's just ignorant of you to say. Iran is ruled by fundamentalist wackos, how is it more civilized? Why, because Iranians are Caucasian and Haitians aren't?
At least Haitians don't have to obey an Ayatollah and adhere to extreme laws based on religion that oppress people.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by descartes90
There are so many people in jail in America, for so many various reasons, you would basically be repeating the Holocaust doing that. How about instead of saying "let's just slaughter them all", how about we reform the prison system so only people who really need to be there get locked up. America has a ridiculously high proportion of prisoners and most do not deserve to be in there.

A well earned star for you my friend, a tiny voice of reason surrounded by the rhetoric of the "Hang em high" brigade.

If she carries out this "sentence" she will be no better than the man that did this to her. Be under no illusions, this man richly deserves punishment but with punishment comes a responsibility to reform and rehabilitate.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I thought that this had now been postponed?

www.guardian.co.uk...

edit on 14-5-2011 by region331 because: added link

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

so your concern is money... not the fact that about 85% of criminals are in jail on charges directly or indirectly related to DRUG'S.. As a matter of fact I am going to make a thread about this.....

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mercurio

Originally posted by DuceizBack

Originally posted by manta78

Originally posted by MrB0B
This is completely horrific!

No-one is saying that this bloke is innocent, but to decide by law that he is to be blinded by the 'victim' is so far along the path of wrong I am surprised that anyone here could believe this 'sentence' to be just.

It's stories like this that make me wonder whether humanity stands any chance of making it.

Same type of "justice" is used in Haiti...may not be officially sanctioned, but it very much exists there to this day in some parts of the country. Steal an item from someone's house, you lose a hand; steal someone's wife, and you lose....well you can figure that one out...

For a country such as Iran which is trying to show the world that they are supposedly such a shining example of that part of the world for all to emulate, or envy, they are still a thousand years behind the times.

I think Iran is bad and all, but don't ever compare a semi decent country like Iran to a piece of crap like Haiti[ which is full of std's and voodoo idiots]

I hate Islam as much as anybody, but these guys [Iran] actually have potential to become civilized.

Full of STDs and Voodoo idiots? That's just ignorant of you to say. Iran is ruled by fundamentalist wackos, how is it more civilized? Why, because Iranians are Caucasian and Haitians aren't?
At least Haitians don't have to obey an Ayatollah and adhere to extreme laws based on religion that oppress people.

I'm black bruh, you can't pull that "it'z because their black is it" crap with me
They're stupid because they're stupid, not because they're black.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

Said the sighted man who never had his friggin' eyes burned out with acid by some jealous sadistic stalker.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum
reply to post by Droogie

What did they do to get this punishment?

I can't quite figure it out.

edit on 5/13/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

Read the story. He blinded her, so she gets to blind him under Sharia law.

Eye for an Eye, quite literally.

You may not agree with this sort of punishment, but I bet they have a REALLY low reooffenders rate.

In the Western world, we coddle our criminals and worry about their rights while they laugh at the inadequacies of what we call "justice". In the Islamic world, they get what's coming to them.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

I know a few people that have done crimes like assault a number of times and got sent to prison and they were HAPPY believe it or not.

TV, games etc and they were all 25+ years old.

figures, some people that won't harm a fly struggle to get just that but it's ok.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
he should wear contacts and colored contacts
. Thats a nasty penality by the way.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FuGGer

What does this topic have to do with liberals? What makes you think "liberals" have never been victims of crime?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join