It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who lived in North America originally?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I'm not talking about the Native Americans, since the accepted theory is that they crossed into N. America by the Bering Strait.

I'm wondering who lived in N. America before the Native Americans. As in actually native to N. America. I mean, there just can't be nobody before them, but I've never heard any mention of a civilization of people in N. America before the native americans.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I believe that the Red Haired Giants were before the Indians, but cannot say if they were the original inhabitants.

RED HAIRED GIANTS 1

RED HAIRED GIANTS 2

RED HAIRED GIANTS 3

ANCIENT MAYAN UFO

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I think the Bering strait theory might have come into some problems lately. Some people claim at that time Ice made it impassable. And that the early Native americans followed the cost along the Bering Strait. This would explain the lack of artifacts on the land bridge were they thought they crossed.

Also I think there very well could have been no one in America before the Native Americans. If you believe that the human race orignated in Africa then there would not be anyone in the Americas before they migrated there.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 04:08 AM
link   

RED HAIRED GIANTS 2

That basically sounds like the bigfoot... that article says they have a skull, could it be a bigfoot skull?

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
No humans lived in North America before 20,000 years ago (this date is a bit in dispute but we do have a fairly firm date of 12,000 years for some Clovis type remains.)

There was not a single "entry into North America", but as many as five different ones (based on language, technology, and genetic markers.) One of the groups I'm studying (Chumash) were here as early as 2,000 years ago. However, the Jumanos and earlier groups of the trans-Pecos area have been dated to around 8,000 years ago (there are some mammoth hunt sites that have been dated to around 10,000 years ago in the Southwest.

GG-- we've discussed the "Kossuth Giants" before -- they're hoaxes. A number of people, including the Iowa State Historical Society investigated this (including going to the sites and the towns... which don't exist (nor does the "college"))
www.s8int.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
I think the Bering strait theory might have come into some problems lately. Some people claim at that time Ice made it impassable. And that the early Native americans followed the cost along the Bering Strait. This would explain the lack of artifacts on the land bridge were they thought they crossed.

Actually, the ice age LOWERED the sea level and there was, indeed, enough land for people to walk across/paddle canoes across. It's not very far.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Okay, there's some doubt as to when, exactly, the first humans arrived in N America. But we only started spreading out of Africa around 100,000 years ago and whoever they were, the first Americans probably arrived via the Bering Straits/Bering Landbridge - either just before, during or just after the Last Glacial Maximum c15-20,000 years ago.

Before they arrived there were no humans in the Americas.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
The real thing is whether you believe the Clovis line or not. To many, a local rock shelter here predates clovis by about 8000 years(Meadowcroft Rock Shelter).

If you are a myth guy, though, there's a lot of interesting information off the coast of bermuda to show it's a lot older.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by prevx
I mean, there just can't be nobody before them, but I've never heard any mention of a civilization of people in N. America before the native americans.

Why can't there have been no one before them?

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Late night watchin PBS, I believe it was NOVA--they were talking about a clovis-type culture coming across the alantic from Europe during the ice age in skin boats...they even built a boat to see if it was possible. Kinda interesting.

NOVA

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   
maybe people from Atlantis (decendents)
my resoning
1. maybe atlantis was Anartica , i wont get into detail about that
a. there was a glacier bridge between South America and Antartica possibly Atlantis
2. that would also explain some things in South America aka the crystal skulls and yada yada weird angles to the hudson bay pole (read The Atlantis Blueprint to better understand this ) its also a wonderful book

short and simple

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
1. I'm getting sick of telling people that Atlantis wasn't in antarctica. Antarctica is a place in Plato's mind, and -MAYBE- somewhere on the map, in a much less impressive way than you would imagine. The Platos mind is in the Atlantic though, just outside the pillars of hercules where it was an impassible barrier to sea travel in any direction. Antarctica, outside of a possible future "bushism" will never be mentioned in any way relating geographically to the straight of gibralter. Antarctica can't be Plato's atlantis. (I am not convinced that there isn't a still-active Nazi base there, but I am fairly confident that there is no Atlantis there.)

2. Glacier bridges are the perfect weapon. If i was trying to kill good science, a glacier bridge is what I'd use. They melt when you're done with them so that it's very hard to prove anything.

3. The crystal skulls are a hoax, and funny angles are just lines on a map. If you pick one specific location, then look at the angles it forms with a dozen other places, you can always find a funny one to pick. Let's just suppose that the bearing from my house to the pyramids was 314 degrees. It's Pi right? Very funny angle, because i happened to pick the right combination of locations.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Presumably our opinions regarding the earlier human life in any area is dependent on actual remains.

For all we know there could have been life way before official records, it's just we have no physical proof.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Although I really can't say what it means exactly for science, if you ever want to have your faith in the accepted model shaken, just talk to a roughneck (an oil driller). These guys make their living taking very deep cores of the earth's soil. What some people don't know is that every bit of material they drill gets flushed back up to the top, looked at, and logged to keep a record of the material they are currently drilling through.

My grandfather has brought fossils up from as deep as 20,000 feet he tells me. I can't even begin to imagine how the hell that works. The first question he has always challenged me with, and I can not answer, is "Oil is a fossil fuel- it comes from living stuff. What the hell is it doing thousands of feet underground while most of the dinosaur bones are so shallow?"

He also tells me that there are MASSIVE voids at very deep levels. They can't drill through a void because they loose water pressure and can't flush the drilled material up to the surface, so they'll pour cement or other material into the hole to fill it. Once my grandpa ran into one that they just had to give up on after 3 days of pumping cement didn't fill it.

Things like that are what keep me curious about things that may be, even though they don't have a place in textbooks yet.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Well, the fossils ARE that deep underground. But our earth is a dynamic system and tektonic plates push stuff up and glaciers and water erode stuff down.

We are only able to find the fossils that are on the surface or near the surface.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I have read ancient Africans and Egyptian travelled to America. Remains of some Africans and Egyptians found contained a form of cocain, which could only come from America at the time.

www.raceandhistory.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
My grandfather [the roughneck] has brought fossils up from as deep as 20,000 feet he tells me.

Thats a rough and tumble job. OUt on a rig, some times on a continental shelf, sometimes in deep ocean for weeks upon weeks at a time. Very hazardous too.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
"Roughly,west of the Mississipi was under the sea,then uplifted. (Evidenced by desert and salt lakes)." The Grand Canyon did NOT carve down so much as the land lifted up.

I assume that to coincide with the destruction of Atlantis.

"North America was as wild as it gets." 2IC ,evidenced by fossils, which were formed after yet another deluge,and loess deposited.

The North American aboriginal was from the Atlantic area,the Reds.
Eskimoes the Orient,which had their share of sinkings as well (evidenced by sunken formations,myths).
Vikings?
"There were a few castaways.Most died,like the colonists,the winters. They were much more adventerous than thought,but were used to the European climate which was warmer back then."2IC

[edit on 7-8-2004 by stgeorge]

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Back in the 70's or 80's they tried to sail to (I think) the area formerly known as Mesopotamia.

It was a boat made of papyrus reeds that they called the "Ra"

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Thor Hyerdal found out they are not sea worthy.Came close to sinking.It becomes waterlogged.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join