It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USC psychologists study public reaction to terrorist attack on Seattle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

University of Southern California
Psychology Department
INFORMATION SHEET FOR NON-MEDICAL RESEARCH

Response to a Large-Scale Anthrax Attack in Seattle

PURPOSE OF THE STUDY

You are invited to take part in a research study about how individuals react to a disaster caused by release of a biological agent. You were selected as a possible participant in this study because we are interested in learning more about your feelings, beliefs, and behavior following such an event.You must be at least 18 years of age to participate. Your participation is voluntary. Please take as much time as you need to read the information sheet.

INVESTIGATOR CONTACT INFORMATION

If you have any questions or concerns about the research, please feel free to contact: Heather Rosoff ([email protected]) or Richard John ([email protected]).

IRB CONTACT INFORMATION

University Park IRB, Office of the Vice Provost for Research Advancement, Stonier Hall, Room 224a, Los Angeles, CA 90089-1146, (213) 821-5272 or [email protected]

As a way to keep busy without (hopefully) doing too much harm, I've signed up to take online surveys.

Today I got one like I have NEVER seen before! It is briefly described above, from the online briefing sheet.

These guys went to the trouble of mocking up 5 separate TV news broadcasts for this study, which depict the news and follow-up to a fictional bio-terrorism attack (anthrax) on downtown Seattle. The major focus of the survey seemed to be on whether such an event would cause large numbers of people to move away from the area temporarily or permanently. I am not going to try to read anything in particular into it, but wished to record the fact that this is being done on this site.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
What is that supposed to prove? That sounds like such a dumb study.
Most people wouldn't want to live in Seattle after a massive anthrax outbreak..what a surprise?!?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by l_e_cox

It's funny how there's another thread talking about a floating radar on it's way to Seattle I wonder if it's linked.Could be to do with something they found in the treasure trove of intel from ban laden.

join