It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ancient Indian city with nuclear radiation??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Astral City
Could it have possibly been an impact from space? I have heard that some asteroid impacts can look like nuclear blasts. The radiation could be because the asteroid had some naturally occouring radioactive elements on it. Remember anything with a heavier atomic weight than lead is radioactive.

The idea of an atomic blast turns my skeptic meter up quite a bit especially when there have been naturally occorances that seem so much like a blast, remember Tunguska? (sp)

Blessed Be
~Astral
that is exactly what happened IMO great post BTW.thats a great explanation i was bout to say that.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
while i don't know about the city itself, from my readings of vedic texts like the ramayan and mahabharat, and from bollywood depictions of those epics, the weapons and crafts that the heroes in those battles used always seemed futuristic to me. Chariots that flew thru the skies, shooting flaming arrows....sounded alot like aircrafts launching missiles to me.

It interested me too, and actually still does, although I've become quite skeptical. I don't know which one you read or saw a movie from. As I've mentioned there are false passages floating around.
Anyway, maybe it's true- especially if it was visiting ETs and not humans.

Food for thought: Right now, most people (except for a few people who have been mislead by Christian alchemical writings) understand that the Greek stories relating to Hermes are heavily embellished- as mythology tends to be. Greeks didn't really have winged sandals (at least not to any benefit). One of these days though, we will have hover-boards perhaps, and then will we suggest that the Greeks did too, because of the mythological winged sandals?

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond

Originally posted by esther

excerpt:
"The brave Adwattan stayed steadfast in his Vimana. He landed on water and set free from there the Agneya-weapon, a weapon to which even the gods were helpless. He aimed carefully on his enemies: then the sun of the teacher liberated the glowing projectile with fire without smoke and awe-inspiring force. Dense arrows of fire, alike a downpour came down on creation and enclosed the enemy. Meteors flashed from the sky. A thick darkness descended across the armies of the Pandava's. All directions fell in shrouds of darkness. Turbulent winds started to blow. Clouds arose roaring and made rain down dust and gravel.

This seems to say that Adwattan drops a nuclear weapon on the army of the pandava's. But Wikipedia says that it was Ashvattama and the remaining Kauravas who killed them in their sleep. The Mahabharata is 4 times longer than the bible- it's the 2nd longest book ever written. However, if anyone has a copy, you can find this part in the Sauptikaparva.

Gurkha flew in his strong and fast Vimana. He threw between the three cities of the Vrishni's and the Andaka's one single projectile, that was loaded with all the power of the universe. A white glowing column of smoke and fire, as bright as 10.000 suns arose in all its splendour. This was the unprecedented weapon, the iron lightning, a giant messenger of death, that burnt the entire family of Vrishni's and Andaka's to ashes.

I was heart-broken when I found out that this was a hoax from a site called Nexus. It is mentioned in the ancient nukes threat which is referenced earlier. Before I was prompted to check alternate (read: "mainstream") sources, I was convinced that there was a nuclear war in ancient history.

Also, according to wikipedia, astronomical data suggests 3100 BC as the date for the early form of the mahabharata. This means that the story doesn't mesh with the irradiated city in India, which I have not been able to corroborate with any objective news souce anyway.

Not drawing any conclusions, just saying that the evidence isn't all that Sitchin would suggest.

Ashwattaman killed people in their sleep AFTER the war was essentially lost. He did it as an act of vengeance. But he DID have a nuclear weapon that he wielded, which was counteracted by Arjuna with his own weapon. He was foolish enough to use it, although it was never meant to be used.

I do believe the epics talk about nuclear weapons. I don't know what this "hoax" is that you're talking about, but I've read from many different sites of descriptions of nuclear weapons in Vedic texts.

I don't believe it was ALIENS who had this technology, but it was the humans, who wielded it. Whether it was through mantras, or through another delivery system is beyond me, but the Ramayana, the Mahabharata, and a number of Puranas talk about nuclear weapons. Considering the cyclical nature of the world (according to Hinduism at least), I hardly find it surprising. Such an advanced technology could have been lost and re-discovered from age to age.

Also, according to Hinduism, mankind was in a state of perfection, and over time has degenerated to what we are now. There was a direct link with spirituality. The more spiritual the man, the longer he lived, the better his life, the larger in stature he was, etc. As he lost his spirituality, he lost all the things that came with it, and thus degenerates into what we are now.

Actually, I'm not quite sure if the nuke as we know it today existed back then. It's possible there were more lethal weapons with a different delivery system (based on spirituality, or something) used where mantras were used to produce such projectiles. I don't know if there's a difference between the Brahmastra or the Agneya weapons. They might be different expressions of a nuke or just different weapons that have the destructive capactiy SIMILAR to that of a nuke.

However, I do know that it was the GODS or angels or whatever that gave the weapons to mankind to use in the battle on Kurukshetra, and other places.

[edit on 17-8-2004 by bhagavadgita]

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
If it was cosmic, wouldn't there be an impact crater?

Not necessarily.

Didn't the Tunguska object in Siberia explode shortly before it would have impacted?

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by bhagavadgita

Ashwattaman killed people in their sleep AFTER the war was essentially lost. He did it as an act of vengeance. But he DID have a nuclear weapon that he wielded, which was counteracted by Arjuna with his own weapon. He was foolish enough to use it, although it was never meant to be used.

I do believe the epics talk about nuclear weapons. I don't know what this "hoax" is that you're talking about, but I've read from many different sites of descriptions of nuclear weapons in Vedic texts.
However, I do know that it was the GODS or angels or whatever that gave the weapons to mankind to use in the battle on Kurukshetra, and other places.

[edit on 17-8-2004 by bhagavadgita]

I am not in a position to pass any judgement on your knowledge of vedic writings, and that makes what you say very interesting to me. You contend that I am misinformed about the nuclear-weapon descriptions being a hoax. That would be amazing to me.

What I ask then is this- Can you please tell me which book of the Mahabharata contains these descriptions. If you narrow it down for me I will find a copy, I will read it, and I will be able to testify to whichever side is true with absolute certainty from now on.

You should be aware that the nuclear weapons descriptions vary in several ways, and very often can be traced back to Nexus online, and this has been considered a debunked claim. If you have knowledge to the contrary you really should help us prove it and put the uncertainty to rest.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Could it have possibly been an impact from space? I have heard that some asteroid impacts can look like nuclear blasts. The radiation could be because the asteroid had some naturally occouring radioactive elements on it. Remember anything with a heavier atomic weight than lead is radioactive.

The idea of an atomic blast turns my skeptic meter up quite a bit especially when there have been naturally occorances that seem so much like a blast, remember Tunguska? (sp)

Blessed Be
~Astral

Wouldn't there be somekind of crater in that case?

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
That city was discussed in one of David Hatcher Childress' book Lost Cities of Asia. The city was siad to built of huge blocks that were scattered about as if blasted apart. Skeletons found there were said to show signs of radiation. (above normal background stuff.) I have never seen or read anything on the city from a "conventional" archaeological perspective. So who knows if it's really there or really irradiated.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SwearBear

Blessed Be
~Astral

Wouldn't there be somekind of crater in that case?

Many of the radioactive isotopes found in the previously discussed areas could very well have originated at the natural uranium reactors in Africa. The wind could well have distributed them around the world in prehistoric times.
Here�s a link or google for more, very interesting stuff.

www.physics.isu.edu...

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
We need an ATS member from India, near Jomphur. We can't even find out if this friggin city exists, so we really need "eyes on target" from "men on the ground" to give us "actionable intelligence", as the jargon-crazed journalists who wish they were soldiers would put it. If somebody will go there, get pics for us, and preferably find either the remains of the Vimana that nuked the place, or the toxic waste barrels which are causing this big fuss, it would be great.

A few questions about oklo reactors, because I can't say I have perfect knowledge, but I do have some common-sense type doubts about the explanation in some cases.

1. Will an oklo vitrify sand or rock? (i'm guessing no)
2. It should -deplete- uranium, not enrich it, right? (I'm guessing there may be a deceptive side effect whereby not all of the uranium is reacting, and that which is not depleted by reaction is bombarded with neutrons and thereby enriched) I ask because there are places in the US, around the great lakes, which have enriched uranium deposits and radio carbon dating anomolies.
3. This isn't exactly a phenomenon that could occur without people noticing, is it? (I'm guessing not in a populated area) I'm asking because this rules out an oklo explanation just 10 miles away from Jomphur, India (the supposed site in India)
4. Is there any evidence that one of these ever went critical (I'm guessing we have little if any way of knowing, but that it is theoretically possible). I'm asking because I seem to remember this being offered as the explanation for Soddom and Gamorrah once. It just seems unlikely to me because if everyone in my village kept getting cancer, I wouldn't expect to have it develop into a pair of large cities.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
The VagaBond,

My family is from Punjab, which is close to Rajastan, a state which I have always wanted to visit. I plan to travel to India sometime soon, if all goes good, then I will more than likely visit Rajastan and these 'sacred' areas.

My avatar is Arjuna

Also, I would be interested in finding these scriptures that contain these battles. I am more than capable of going to a Hindu temple and finding out myself, but for the sake of other members, it would be better if we ALL could read these.

Deep

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   

If it was cosmic or otherwise, the crater could very well be there...the landlocked Dead Sea itself.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

but all these lands were india, in those days!!!!

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
there may not be an impact crater... commonly termed 'soft impacts' meteors and the like can explode in the atmosphere and cause massive shokwaves and the much discussed green glass

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

The nuclear weapon used by Ashvattama was called "Brahmastra" which diffulged a glaring light and generated intense heat to destroy. Tit was powered by mantras (sound energy) his is confirmed in the Srimad Bhagavatam which was wriiten after the kurukshetra battle

Shavi
Hari Om

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

The nuclear weapon used by Ashvattama was called "Brahmastra" which diffulged a glaring light and generated intense heat to destroy. Tit was powered by mantras (sound energy) his is confirmed in the Srimad Bhagavatam which was wriiten after the kurukshetra battle

Shavi
Hari Om

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
This nothing to do with India but the Great Lakes Region of the U.S. has been bombarded with radiation in past also. This has been posing a lot of questions when trying to accurately date some Native American mound sites, open pit copper mines and encampments.

Nuclear Event in North America

by Richard B. Firestone, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, and William Topping, Consultant, Baldwin, Michigan

"Our research indicates that the entire Great Lakes region (and beyond) was subjected to particle bombardment and a catastrophic nuclear irradiation that produced secondary thermal neutrons from cosmic ray interactions. The neutrons produced unusually large quantities of 239 Pu and substantially altered the natural uranium abundance ratios ( 235 U/238 U) in artifacts and in other exposed materials including cherts, sediments, and the entire landscape. These neutrons necessarily transmuted residual nitrogen ( 14 N) in the dated charcoals to radiocarbon, thus explaining anomalous dates."

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
as the ancient indian war of mahabharatha a nuclear war?? Did ancient indians use weapons if mass destruction (WMD) while in the west humans were still in their primitive settlements?
Oppenheimer, the architect of modern atomic bomb who was in charge of the manhattan project was asked by a student after the manhattan explosion, "How do you feel after having exploded the first atomic bomb on earth". Oppenheimer's reply for the question was , "not first atomic bomb, but first atomic bomb in modern times". He strongly believed that nukes were used in ancient india. How can one explain the death of 14 billion people in 18 days!!! Its hard to digest the fact that current world population is 6 billions!! Mahabharatha war was definitely a world war as defence forces from kingdoms across the world were involved. But what made oppenheimer believe that it was a nuclear war was the accurate descriptions of the weapons used in the mahabharatha war in the epic which match with that of modern nuclear weapons.

Also, excavations of Mohen Jo Daro in North India revealed towns which had been completely destroyed quite unexpectedly!! There were no traces of natural disasters or wars! Scientists Davneport and Vincenti put forward a theory saying the ruins were of a nuclear blast as they found big stratums of clay and green glass. High temperature melted clay and sand and they hardened immediately afterwards. Similar stratums of green glass can also found in Nevada deserts after every nuclear explosion.

A heavy layer of radioactive ash in Rajasthan, India, covers a three-square mile area, ten miles west of Jodhpur. Scientists are investigating the site, where a housing development was being built.

For some time it has been established that there is a very high rate of birth defects and cancer in the area under construction. The levels of radiation there have registered so high on investigators' gauges that the Indian government has now cordoned off the region. Scientists have unearthed an ancient city where evidence shows an atomic blast dating back thousands of years, from 8,000 to 12,000 years, destroyed most of the buildings and probably a half-million people. One researcher estimates that the nuclear bomb used was about the size of the ones dropped on Japan in 1945.

So describes Musala Parva of Mahabharatha about the WMD

...Gurkha, flying a swift and powerful vimana (fast aircraft) hurled a single projectile Charged with all the power of the Universe.
An incandescent column of smoke and flame
As bright as ten thousand Suns
Rose in all its splendor...

...it was an unknown weapon,
An iron thunderbolt,
A gigantic messenger of death,
Which reduced to ashes
The Entiure race of the Vrishnis and thr Andhakas.

...the corpses were so burned
As to be unrecognizable.
Their hair and nails fell out;
Pottery broke without apparent cause,
And the birds turned white.

After a few hours
All foodstuffs were infected...

...To escape from this fire
The soldiers threw themselves in streams
To wash themselves and their equipment...

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

No!
The great Siberian Explosion did not leave a crater doesn’t mean that was a cosmic event either that could of been one of the ancient nukes still floating around up there and it just finally came down.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Hey, just wanted to point out that if your refering to Tunguska, they believe Lake Cheko is the crater... Really I'm just bored and wanted to throw in my 2 cents, lol

Tunguska Crater

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Hmmm...Now I really want to read the Vedic texts, anyone know how to find copies of them or do I have to use the slightly untrustworthy internet?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join