It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disabling my iPhone spy features?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I canceled my phone service, Getting rid of cell phones all together...

Have my first gen iPhone, wanna still try and keep it for the ipod features for while driving...

Figured i would try to open it up and find anything to take out, I took the face off while it was still on, works fine, I saw the camera, and it popped out pretty easily, so thats done with...

Then I tried finding the microphone and removing it, but only found a rubber insulated hole which I think is it, tried jamming a knife down in it and breaking it internally but to no avail, Also snipped a little wire next to it, and didnt seem to effect anything...

Anyone know the tech aspects of the internal parts of iPhones? Id like to disable the GPS feature, and also the mic(s?)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
What? are you just gonna use it for SMS? What's the point of a phone without a microphone?

Because if you use it for web browsing, you get an IP Address which then can be tracked! Oooooooooooooh Scary man they are gonna find you and turn you into the Human Centipad

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by morder1

How about just stomping on the iPhone till it's in a thousand piece's and then buy a cd player for your car. It might stop you from stabbing your self with a knife.

link   
no, the phone doesnt have service anymore... I just want to use it as a music device to my car

link   

Are you serious?

I'm assuming you are, so I have to ask, what useful driving function could an iphone possibly have after being ripped apart, dismantled, all "useful " functions removed, and especially the GPS, which I assume is the only thing useful while driving?

ETA: I see you just want it for music.... what about burning good ol CD's?

Unless they started implanting secret spy devices in the CD's

edit on 9-5-2011 by jssaylor2007 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by morder1

removing the sim card and putting the phone airplane mode will also negate any gps feature or tracking device. Or just buy yourself an ipod touch or older generation ipod on amazon.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
good idea, didnt think about airplane mode...

Nah im done buying materialistic crap, ill make due with what I have... Rather spend my limited income on real stuff, like food, silver etc

What the other guy said about smashing it in a thousand pieces... Yes this has gone through my mind too... lol, more along the lines of shooting it into a thousand pieces tho

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jssaylor2007

Are you serious?

I'm assuming you are, so I have to ask, what useful driving function could an iphone possibly have after being ripped apart, dismantled, all "useful " functions removed, and especially the GPS, which I assume is the only thing useful while driving?

ETA: I see you just want it for music.... what about burning good ol CD's?

Unless they started implanting secret spy devices in the CD's

edit on 9-5-2011 by jssaylor2007 because: (no reason given)

Yes he is serious, here is what he is referring too.

How to spy on any cellphone even when its off

Most ppl do not have any idea what is going on right now.

We have the technology to make a paradise, but instead we are making
more of a police state.

I look for this trend to get worse before it gets better.

The control freaks are off their meds and running the governments of the world.

The truly sad part is this software is available to anyone, and is just an extension
of what began with Room 641a and its ilk since.

Room641a the NARUS spy machine you paid for to listen to all calls dometic and international
edit on 9-5-2011 by Ex_MislTech because: add link

edit on 9-5-2011 by Ex_MislTech because: grammar

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Here's what would have been a good idea..

1. Sell the iPhone
2. Buy an iPod
3. Have a few meals with the leftover money

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by morder1

You sound like a very paranoid person for some reason, if your iphone has no service anymore just remove the sim card and your done. I don't see the point of removing the microphone and GPS on a phone that has no service anyway.

If you work for the CIA however i apologise and you should move and live in a tin shed somewhere with a zero population.

XL5

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Best way is to take out the antenna and put copper foil on the inside of the case where the antenna was and make sure its touching the ground of the circuit. You might even be able to ground the connector that goes to the antenna making it not transmit or receive but that might kill the battery if it does try to transmit for some reason.

top topics

join