It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anomaly in the sky I caught with my cellphone

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Poker
reply to post by Cinquain

I've stated numerous times that I don't know what it is only that I'm certain that it is not a bird because of the size and altitude. As for him going above and beyond to prove it's a bird he has never explained the round "wings" or the "4 points" compared to his "3 points"

What was the exact size and altitude? You never said.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I've stated numerous times that I don't know what it is only that I'm certain that it is not a bird because of the size and altitude. As for him going above and beyond to prove it's a bird he has never explained the round "wings" or the "4 points" compared to his "3 points"

So in your opinion, what is the size and altitude of the object? And what are you basing your calculations on?

EDIT: OOPS! Didn't see your post draknoir2...
edit on 9-5-2011 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Poker

I would leave that up to angles. How likely is it that you're going to get the exact same bird photographed at the exact same angle? Not very. Fussing over something as trivial as "My anomaly has 4 points and his goose only has 3" is getting to the point of just being childish now.

Also, the fact that your picture is not the highest quality could potentially quite literally blur the lines and make it look a touch different. The fact that the picture isn't the greatest quality and it's STILL obvious that what you have here is a goose should be telling you something by now.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2

Don't know the exact size or altitude(there's the lack of proof you're fishing for) only that it was high enough to be behind cloud cover.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Poker

It doesn't look like it's behind cloud cover to me, or anyone else in this thread I would guess. So what makess you think that it's behind cloud cover?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Don't know the exact size or altitude(there's the lack of proof you're fishing for) only that it was high enough to be behind cloud cover.

Doesn't look to me to be behind the clouds. Looks more like this:

edit on 9-5-2011 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by RMFX1
reply to post by Poker

It doesn't look like it's behind cloud cover to me, or anyone else in this thread I would guess. So what makess you think that it's behind cloud cover?

Read the damn thread!!!
Because of first hand knowledge as stated before.

Why should I supply any proof? you're the ones trying to prove what it is so whats your proof that it's not behind cloud cover? what's your proof that it's a bird?

Can't see your pic. Drak

edit on 9-5-2011 by Poker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

reply to post by Poker

Read the damn thread!!!

Why should I supply any proof? you're the ones trying to prove what it is so whats your proof that it's not behind cloud cover? what's your proof that it's a bird?

Because you want to convince us that it was a truly anomalous sighting. It will take more than a "because I said so" to accomplish that. Otherwise it's just an anecdote.
edit on 9-5-2011 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

reply to post by Poker

Read the damn thread!!!

Can't see your pic. Drak

Doesn't work like that. While you may admit to not knowing what it is, you are strong in stating you believe it's not a bird. Rather than giving proof yourself, you'll let people come to you with proof and good reasoning and shoot them down. You don't know what it is but you know what it's not? Ok. This is YOUR "anomaly". You could try putting in some effort, eh?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

reply to post by Poker

Read the damn thread!!!

Can't see your pic. Drak

Sorry. Just noticed myself.

Here:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

reply to post by Poker

Can't see your pic. Drak

This is how ATS works. ATS members have seen it all and are very good at analysis, weeding out hoaxes and helping people figure out what they have in their photos/video. It is a tough crowd, but a very thorough crowd.

You came here, posted a picture and asked for people's opinions. People gave you opinions and VERY VERY good evidence that the object is.............a bird. Take it or leave it, but it is up to YOU to prove that what you are presenting is a UFO.

Based on what has been presented by a couple of the members, the chance of this being anything but a bird is slim to none, IMO.

Thank you for sharing.
edit on May 9th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Poker

Ummm, ok then.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

reply to post by Poker

Read the damn thread!!!

Because you want to convince us that it was a truly anomalous sighting. It will take more that a "because I said so" to accomplish that. Otherwise it's just an anecdote.

I'm not trying to sway anyones opinion in the least bit. The only thing that I had issue with was the condescending way some of the "birdbrains" were forcing their view points on others. As I stated before I don't care if you believe it's a bird or not. I only ask that you supply proof of the claims you make while trying to change my mind.

P.s. I don't care if it makes you mad "Birdbrains" is funny given the context.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

reply to post by Poker

I'm not trying to sway anyones opinion in the least bit. The only thing that I had issue with was the condescending way some of the "birdbrains" were forcing their view points on others. As I stated before I don't care if you believe it's a bird or not. I only ask that you supply proof of the claims you make while trying to change my mind.

Let us NOT resort to calling others names. I would suggest an edit and to play NICE

edit on May 9th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

reply to post by Poker

Read the damn thread!!!

Because you want to convince us that it was a truly anomalous sighting. It will take more that a "because I said so" to accomplish that. Otherwise it's just an anecdote.

There's nothing to prove. It's a picture of a bird. We can all see it.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I've never stated that it was a UFO I've even stated before that I might have posted this in the wrong forum. I've never had a problem that people believed it was a bird and have never tried to force my opinions of it not being one the only thing I've had a problem with was the arrogance, name calling and the condescending tone that some of the "birdbrains" have directed at the few others who believe that it wasn't a bird. If you read the thread you'll see that I've never had a problem with those who believe it's a bird only problems with the ones who attacked others.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Thank you to the following for the excellent work in figuring out what the image was:

Originally posted by hhott

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/78851172cd3f.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/52a6b2b5a069.jpg[/atsimg]

Originally posted by network dude

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3e67f263a6c5.jpg[/atsimg]

This is why ATS is so great....the work that members put into a subject they care about

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

reply to post by greeneyedleo

I've never stated that it was a UFO I've even stated before that I might have posted this in the wrong forum. I've never had a problem that people believed it was a bird and have never tried to force my opinions of it not being one the only thing I've had a problem with was the arrogance, name calling and the condescending tone that some of the "birdbrains" have directed at the few others who believe that it wasn't a bird. If you read the thread you'll see that I've never had a problem with those who believe it's a bird only problems with the ones who attacked others.

You are completely biased. Looking at your history on here you clearly believe that this was something you're 'not supposed to see' what should i do with stUff iF i was not meant tO see?,

It's obvious no amount of proof will change your mind. You're using things against us, like the fact that we weren't there to see if it was behind cloud cover or not? Trivial. It's a goose, get over it.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

How am I using things against you when I'm not trying to sway your opinion. I've never had a problem with those who believe it's a bird, my only issue was with the ones who were attacking other and such. Why do you care if I change my mind or not? It has no impact on your belief it was a bird.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

How do you know it was behind cloud cover....when you said the following:

As you can see it was overcast, i really have no idea how long it was in the sky the light was so bright shining through the clouds that I couldn't even see that thin until I sent the pic to my Computer.

You couldn't see it before you took the pic (your words)....until you sent the pic to your computer.

So, explain again how you saw it in the cloud cover again?

edit on 9-5-2011 by gavron because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join