It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music to Watch the End of the World By (If the Title is Anything to go By)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I thought I would share this with my fellow ATS'ers..

Whilst checking out the singles over on iTunes, I couldn't help but notice there were a few song titles with an "End of the World Esque theme," its not many but to find them all currently in the top 200 singles, is something I have never come across before, in fact come to think of it, finding one a lot of the time is quite hard to come by.

Before I share them with you, a question to ponder...

Are these artists tapping into the collective paranoia of people ?

Or, are they just singing what sells ?

This first video is by Noah, and the Whale, the song is called L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N, and is taken from their aptly named album "Last Night On Earth" (seriously I didn't just make it up lol

Next up Britney Spears, and her offering Til the world ends (its ok I understand if you don't want to listen to this one, I didn't lol)

My final offering is a personal fave of mine, its off the wall, and I can't comperhend the lyrics because I don't have super "Emo" powers, nevertheless I love it (thank goodness music is subjective)

Not Ready to Die by Avenged Sevenfold, give it a chance as it has a dicey intro, but the crazyiness will reign supreme

Hope you enjoy, and feel free to post your own similar themed offerings

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Im a musician, I write songs about how I feel, things that interest me, so if a song writer is interested in the end of the world, or has thought about it and feels an emotion connected to the possability, its not unlikely that they would write a song about it.

plus "the end of the world" can also symbolize losing everything, or everything changing.
edit on 6-5-2011 by OUNjahhryn because: (no reason given)

But anyways, this is what i would listen to if the world was ending.

edit on 6-5-2011 by OUNjahhryn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Das Omen

edit on 6-5-2011 by thatonedude because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
As soon as I heard that my first though was that its plagerised as the tune very similar to some other tune from the past. Can't think what it is though???

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Yea. The end of the world is nigh. It is at hand brothers. There is nothing left for us when Avenged Sevenfold and Brittany Spears are posted in the same post.......

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Some songs that talk about the end of the world

Iron Maiden-Two worlds collide

Rage-End of all days

Gamma ray Armageddon

Holyhell - Armageddon

Last Night On Earth (Michael Kiske & Timo Kotipelto)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by bussoboy

Ah which one ? the noah and the whale one per chance, because I thought it sounded familiar

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

LOL, yeah I didn't craft the itunes top 200 singles, I just thought it was a bit of a precedence to see them all there, as I have looked at this chart many times, and never seen these themes singulary, let alone there being 3.

I could have made it worse, and added Katy Perry's E.T lol

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Well, if we are to post songs to see the end of the world by, then here is my personal favorite:

Here is another favorite of mine along these lines:

top topics

join