It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan army knew about operation against Osama bin Laden

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Pakistan army knew about operation against Osama bin Laden

www.globalpost.com

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan — Pakistani officials have told GlobalPost that the Pakistani army had full knowledge of the U.S. raid that led to the death of Osama bin Laden and that it played a larger role in the operation than previously acknowledged.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
In the event that the above is not clear enough then perhaps the following should put things into perspective.

Several meetings leading up to the attack, when viewed in sum, also indicate that Pakistan might have known of the operation beforehand.

“Gen. David Petraeus paid an extraordinary visit to Islamabad on April 25,” said a senior military official said. The official said Petraeus held a one-on-one meeting with Gen. Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, Pakistan’s army chief of staff, in which they discussed the details of the operation.

The next day, Pakistan’s top military body — the Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee — held its quarterly session, which was attended by Lt. Gen. Ahmed Shuja Pasha, the country's intelligence chief, who is not a regular member of the body. Pasha had visited the United States to meet with the head of the Central Intelligence Agency, Leon Panetta, on April 11.

In closing i would avoid Pakistan for the next few years. It simply will not be the tourist attraction country that glossy posters make you believe it is.

www.globalpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Close your eyes and listen to what is being said, again do not view the video but listen to it.

The ice cream is after the 1 minute mark...listen to the message to and from the u.s., listen...
edit on 6-5-2011 by tristar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

While it would be nice to believe that Pakistan was helping, given their track record and the target, I very much doubt the U.S. would trust them with any operational or other details about the attack. No offense, but I just wouldn't have trusted them keeping the secret. I would have told the Pakistanis a totally bogus story to keep OBL and Pakistan in the dark about the true mission.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar It simply will not be the tourist attraction country that glossy posters make you believe it is.

Such posters do not exist.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I posted this video link on Monday in another thread, in which a Pakistani official says in an interview that they Knew about the operation.

LINK

Of course they knew...saying they didn't is just Pakistan playing to the favor of the segment of their population that supports OBL and al Qaeda.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
I posted this video link on Monday in another thread, in which a Pakistani official says in an interview that they Knew about the operation.

LINK

Of course they knew...saying they didn't is just Pakistan playing to the favor of the segment of their population that supports OBL and al Qaeda.

I am not looking at who knew and what was handled by who, but what the two nations exchanged and who imposed who's view as the final word. Do not loose yourself in the visual stimulation, dissect the transcript and see how hostile one nation is to another regardless of internal politics, for this is an international incident involving superpowers and not a regional conflict.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Of course Pakistan's ISI knew about it for sure maybe even their military. Pakistan has been playing both sides of this fence for years. It shouldn't surprise anybody who has been paying attention.

edit on 6-5-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
oh yes another twist in the story...

all this makes no sense...

especially with China issuing a warning to the US this morning basically stating that if you mess with Pakistan you mess with us...

This is the most effed up made for TV drama I've ever witnessed...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

true... very true

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Of course Pakistan's ISS knew about it for sure maybe even their military. Pakistan has been playing both sides of this fence for years. It shouldn't surprise anybody who has been paying attention.

edit on 6-5-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Its poetry in motion or should i say , its going exactly as anticipated or better yet, like clock work.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
the pakis had not
a clue what was happening until they found out the same way as the rest of us on the news

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I don’t believe they knew anything about it, the Pakistani’s cant be trusted on matters such as this. I remember Hillary Clinton not so long ago talking about how some elements of the ISI couldn’t be trusted. In 1998 when Bill Clinton launched tomahawks at OBL’s camps in Afghanistan, the ISI tipped of OBL and his camp was evacuated.

The only reason the Pakistani’s are going to claim they had prior knowledge is because they have to in order to maintain some dignity.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
They had to know. There was a base just next door to this place. If they didn't know before hand and there starts a gunfight that lasts for 40 minutes they would have reacted with full force.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

The fact is, our government reported to us that they did NOT advise Pakistan of the operation because they were afraid it would be jeopardized. Now we're hearing that the Pakistan army was involved in the raid prior to it even being carried out....and according to this link, the citizens are confirming this. If the Pakistan army was involved in the raid then the whole notion that we kept Pakistan in the dark about it is a bunch of bull.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

The only reason the Pakistani’s are going to claim they had prior knowledge is because they have to in order to maintain some dignity.

Or the U.S. lied when they said Pakistan didn't know.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
They had to know. There was a base just next door to this place. If they didn't know before hand and there starts a gunfight that lasts for 40 minutes they would have reacted with full force.

We have heard them deny and knowledge their involvement, what remains at the end of the day is that A-Q openly pointed to Pakistan being the sole nation responsible for the capture of OBL. and as a secondary target as always the u.s., this is what message was conveyed to the world and it wasn't for a media hype.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

No they didn’t, they knew that the ISI as leaky as a sieve in 1998 the ISI tipped of OBL. There is no chance the Americans would risked letting Pakistan know about this operation.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
It seems to me it would be pretty hard for us to just plan an operation of this magnitude without the knowledge or assistance of the Pakistan government. We can just blaze in and raid a compound in a foreign country when we please without alerting that country's military or leadership? We can occupy Pakistani airspace without having to give anyone a heads up?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
"Flip-Flop" anyone?

how many times can the stories be altered?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join