It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who will die for there freedom?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
first i would like to thank ATS and all its members. this is the best website ever!
with the patriot act stealing are freedom of speech I was wondering how many of us would make the ultimate sacrifice for the right of freedom? please post your answer yes or no and why. LET ME SIMPLIFY THE QUESTION as a member of ATS what lengths would you go to to protect your freedom and the freedom of your children?
edit on 6-5-2011 by JRage because: to simplify
this is a yes or no question about (FREEDOM) IT IS NOT ABOUT WAR, YOUR COUNTRY OR YOUR ENEMIES COUNTRY!!!
edit on 6-5-2011 by JRage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Who will die for their freedom?

Pretty sure the guys that got killed in the wars up until now wanted you to be able to express yourself clearly and concisely - or are you must peeing all over their memory?

Just curious as an uneducated freedom seems to me like being back in the big bayou but without backup;.

-m0r

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by JRage

This is an odd question to ask in a public forum, such things i speak of with a very few select individuals.
To say you are willing to die for an idea I think puts you into the zealot category, and prolly a watchlist.

Hope it helps.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by JRage

you dont die for your freedom - you die for others

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
well this is my thread so its only fair i answer first. i would definitely give my life in the (war on freedom) the moment we stop fighting for god givin' freedom we lose it.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JRage

how is your corpse intending to celebrate its " freedom "?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

obviously those who already gave there life are heroes but the question DOES NOT pertain to the past but rather the present i would never how you say ( p on a freedom fighters grave) what a cheap shot

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I'm with Professor Moriarty. There are plenty of men and women who believed in our freedoms, and did what they could on the battlefield. Even if it was in a war we shouldn't have been in to start with, it still doesn't negate their great sacrifice.

But to answer the question. One must ask themselves if they are willing to live for that freedom first. Are you willing to have your name slandered and defamed by a rogue government and MSM? Are you willing to die knowing that even some of your family believes you're a terrorist because that's the official story? You surely don't think it's going to be a glorious death.

There are a lot of unsung heroes in the history of this world who were and are slandered to this day because they made a choice to fight for what was right. And they have been defamed shamelessly for their sacrifice.

So. If you can live with that. You might be ready to die for it.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

we live through our decendants so we do die for our freedom through our decendants

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by JRage
first i would like to thank ATS and all its members. this is the best website ever!
with the patriot act stealing are (sic) freedom of speech I was wondering how many of us would make the ultimate sacrifice for the right of freedom? please post your answer yes or no and why.

I'm a little confused. First of all, I don't understand how the Patriot Act, per se, has taken away our freedom of speech. Secondly, are you suggesting people should sacrifice their lives by opposing the Patriot Act? I'm trying to figure out how opposing the lack of freedom of speech, kind of a philsophical concept, would result in death. Are you wanting to throw some tea into Boston Harbor and get yourself shot by the cops to make your point, or what? I'm just having trouble making the connections here.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

This post is deserving of an applause, and was the best velvet hammer type explaination i have heard in a while.
Star upon you bro!

To stay on topic freedom is something worth living for, try to avoid any death if possible as we would be killing the wrong person most likely.
Take Libya, all of the dead there, countrymen who had no real quarrel with each other die for some men with power.

edit on 6-5-2011 by g146541 because: to add

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

it is sad that you feel freedom is an idea to me that would be like saying eating is an idea its more a necessity of the mind like eating is a necessity of body.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I am sorry, but to DIE is the first step into freedom. I don’t believe in HUMAN made freedom.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

anyone speaking against government can be considered a terrorist and thus under the patriot act can be detained with out a trial. but the question doesn't revolve around the patriot act or those heroes who have died for us it revolves around YOU AS AN INDIVIDUAL

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JRage

Freedom is only an idea until tested.
Have you tested your idea yet?
I see you have your toes in the water as you are exercising your right to free speech.

Idea, ideals semantics.
Hope it helps.
But although we have rights, it is not always wise to run in the streets screaming i have rights.
Remember peoples opinions can trump our rights if they feel their security is more important than our freedoms.
So we have the patriot act.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Who is willing to live with no freedom?

2nd

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Thought I'd add this as well. I feel it pertains to the thread. It's from another thread a day ago. . . .

Justice Robert Jefferson (1892-1954) U. S. Supreme Court Justice
"The price of freedom of religion, or of speech, or of the press, is that we must put up with, and even pay for, a good deal of rubbish."

What price, freedom? Is it to have our choice of tv stations? Satellite radio? Fries with that?
Sure.
But the true price we pay for freedom is the potential for harm every day. Whether it be from speech, from the barrel of a gun, from the arms from an enemy. We suffer for our freedom. Each and ever day. Many now think that we need not have to suffer the potential pains that freedom delivers. They want to protect us from that "potential" harm.
But it is that potential for harm that makes freedom taste so sweet. It is valuable only because it is at risk of loss each and every day. When something is not held in esteem, it losses its value. When something isn't treasured it no longer needs to be kept.
The true value of freedom, the "cost" is measured in each American. It is measured in each immigrant that dreams of coming to our shores.
Devalueing the dollar is simple math.

Devalueing freedom is a more insideous process. Because it tears at the core of what we used to be. It devalues our soul. It cheapens our dreams, our hopes, our goals.

What cost freedom?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

Who will die for HIS freedom? -- or -- Who will die for HER freedom? Who is singular and requires a singular pronoun. The OP's post also confuses "are" in place of "our."

To me, in this day and age, I assign very limited credibility to those who cannot correctly express basic grammar because it strongly implies either low intelligence or intentional ignorance.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
All I can say, is if you have not read the quotes in my signature, than perhaps y'all should.

I have on more than one enlistment, swore to "support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic".

My posting history is unwavering in that aspect, as are many members here on ATS.

List or no list, you can count on me, as others already have and continue to do.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JRage

When I was in Basic Training years ago, day one the lead drill sargent yelled out to the assembled recruits,"Who here is willing to die for his country!!!!???"

Most of us yelled back, "I am drill sargent!!"

He yelled back, "What are you, a bunch of fu*king idiots??!! I prefer to LIVE for my country!"

In other words, what you are saying is just the foolish chest thumbing of a wannabe warrior.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join