It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hezbollah setting up camp along US/Mexican border

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Meanwhile Janet "Bull" Napolitano continues to spew the nonsense how we are so much safer than before. Terrorists at our doorstep and our government does nothing but look the other way.

SAN DIEGO -- A terrorist organization whose home base is in the Middle East has established another home base across the border in Mexico. "They are recognized by many experts as the 'A' team of Muslim terrorist organizations," a former U.S. intelligence agent told 10News. The former agent, referring to Shi'a Muslim terrorist group Hezbollah, added, "They certainly have had successes in big-ticket bombings." Some of the group's bombings include the U.S. embassy in Beirut and Israeli embassy in Argentina. However, the group is now active much closer to San Diego. "We are looking at 15 or 20 years that Hezbollah has been setting up shop in Mexico," the agent told 10News. Since the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, U.S. policy has focused on al-Qaida and its offshoots. "They are more shooters than thinkers … it's a lot of muscles, courage, desire but not a lot of training," the agent said, referring to al-Qaida. Hezbollah, he said, is far more advanced.

Link to story

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Funny how Israel's enemies are our enemies. I think our policy's need to be looked at a little closer.

My propaganda meter is a 9.6 with this news article though.
edit on 5-5-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-5-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
And so our muslim leaning (or is he actually a closet Muslim himself, as that is okay in the Quaran) president will do nothing, he and his fellow muslims are that much closer to the worldwide caliphate.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I think that terrorists from the middle east have been infiltrating our country for many years. them setting up shop in Mexico is just another example. It is really frightening......what can we do?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Nearer 99.9%. Now the fear mongering starts.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Israel enemies in this case happen to be our enemies, any freedom loving person should realize that if the muslims create their worldwide caliphate there will be no freedom, just a swift descent into a never ending dark ages.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
I think that terrorists from the middle east have been infiltrating our country for many years. them setting up shop in Mexico is just another example. It is really frightening......what can we do?

Quit buying into the "terrorist" lie...?

If there is Hezbollah in Mexico it is because the CIA wants them there, or is allowing them to be there. It's likely all part of a plan.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Tyrson

No. Obama is not a 'closet Muslim'. Even if he was so what? If he was for some reason hiding his faith It'd be simply because of the amount of bigotry he'd be likely to face. A man's religion is his own business.

Also this sounds more like a fabricated or at least highly exaggerated news story, Hezbollah is an Arab Nationalist political movement, its not some shady islamist organisation which operates in the dark, they have elected politicians in Lebanon, an army and considerable support from all communities within Lebanon.

According to a poll released by the Beirut Center for Research and Information, 87 percent of Lebanese support Hizbullah's fight with Israel, a rise of 29 percent on a similar poll conducted in February. More striking, however, is the level of support for Hizbullah's resistance from non-Shiite communities. Eighty percent of Christians polled supported Hizbullah along with 80 percent of Druze and 89 percent of Sunnis.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

If there is Hezbollah in Mexico it is because the CIA wants them there, or is allowing them to be there. It's likely all part of a plan.

Now that OBL is out of the picture(true or not), do we have another boogeyman or boogeytown ?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Well of course the Lebonese support Hezballah, if they don't then they are dead, and you are right they are not some shadowy Islamic terrorist group, they are very open about it, their manifesto calls for the complete destruction of Israel and death to all Jews, nice group you support. As far as Obama being a muslim and concealing it, that is no surprise, the man spent millions concealing everything from his school grades and place of birth to Michelle's shady dealings while she was working, we expect all politicans to be dishonest but really this guy tops them all, in fact I believe in the next version of Websters dictionary when you look up fraud you will find Barry's picutre right nest to the definition.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Tyrson

Can you show me in their manifesto where it says death to all jews. I'd just like a source. Not saying you are wrong. thanks

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Do a search on it, it will show you, later.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeissacred
reply to post by Tyrson

No. Obama is not a 'closet Muslim'. Even if he was so what? If he was for some reason hiding his faith It'd be simply because of the amount of bigotry he'd be likely to face. A man's religion is his own business.

Also this sounds more like a fabricated or at least highly exaggerated news story, Hezbollah is an Arab Nationalist political movement, its not some shady islamist organisation which operates in the dark, they have elected politicians in Lebanon, an army and considerable support from all communities within Lebanon.

Tell me one Muslim country that actually separates Religion and Politics. Anyone of those ME countries are ruled by Sharia law, which is not Political in the least. So when it really comes down to it their religion and politics are one.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I wonder why the article never told us that these Hezbollah guys are also reptilian aliens. There is so much evidence to support this claim. Oh, wait, maybe there is not evidence to support any of it.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Tyrson

Lebanese sentiment has never been largely in favour of Israel, especially since Israel used to occupy their country and some dispute that they still do. Hezbollah definately aren't the most popular Lebanese movement amongst Lebanon's various religious communities and voting blocks (some downright loathe them) but support for their anti-Israeli sentiment is considerably high within Lebanon (as an example, a famous lebanese singer from the Christian community released a song/music video based on a letter sent by Nasrallah to Hezbollah forces fighting against Israel, the song is generally interpreted to be a homage to Nasrallah and Hezbollah forces). That being said I doubt many in Lebanon would like to see Hezbollah ruling the country, but they aren't some secretive, nefarious organisation.

Also Hezbollah is no longer strictly an Islamist political party (at least not in the context in which you are likely refering to them as being).

Hezbollah abandons Islamist rhetoric in new manifesto

The new manifesto drops reference to an Islamic republic in Lebanon, which has a substantial Christian population, confirming changes to Hezbollah thinking about the need to respect Lebanon's diversity. Hezbollah chief Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah, who read the new "political document" at a news conference, said it was time the group introduced pragmatic changes without dropping its commitment to an Islamist ideology tied to the clerical establishment in Iran.

It's biggest Ally is the former Lebanese president and leader of the Free Patriotic Movement, largely made up of Maronite Christians which is a secular, centrist party, led by a former president of Lebanon.

I'M NOT A SUPPORTER OF HEZBOLLAH, I FULLY SUPPORT ISRAEL'S RIGHT TO EXIST AS AN INDEPENDENT AND SECURE NATION. IM JUST CORRECTING SOME MISINFORMATION IN THIS THREAD, IM NOT TRYING TO START AN ARGUEMENT
edit on 5-5-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Now that OBL is out of the picture(true or not), do we have another boogeyman or boogeytown ?

Funny You should mention that... I started this thread: Osama bin Goldstein is Dead - Who Will Be the Next Goldstein?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
reply to post by Tyrson

Can you show me in their manifesto where it says death to all jews. I'd just like a source. Not saying you are wrong. thanks

Link

Hezbollah Charter

Our primary assumption in our fight against Israel states that the Zionist entity is aggressive from its inception, and built on lands wrested from their owners, at the expense of the rights of the Muslim people. Therefore our struggle will end only when this entity is obliterated. We recognize no treaty with it, no cease fire, and no peace agreements, whether separate or consolidated.

ob·lit·er·ate    /əˈblɪtəˌreɪt/ Show Spelled[uh-blit-uh-reyt] Show IPA –verb (used with object), -at·ed, -at·ing. 1. to remove or destroy all traces of; do away with; destroy completely. 2. to blot out or render undecipherable (writing, marks, etc.); efface. .

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Doom and Gloom

The only Islamic countries which enforce a strict interpretation of Sharia law are Iran and Saudi Arabia.
Even then I don't see why it matters how much they mix religion with politics anyway, they're a Lebanese political party. I very much doubt they are planning to invade America anytime soon. That being said it wouldn't surprise me if they were indirectly involved in drug smuggling etc, these guerilla movements generally need to resort to this sort of stuff to fund their military operations etc.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Doom and Gloom

Yes doesn't say death to all Jews. Like an earlier poster stated. Thanks.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Iran is setting up missile batteries in Venezuela too.

According to Die Welt, Venezuela has agreed to allow Iran to establish a military base manned by Iranian missile officers, soldiers of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard and Venezuelan missile officers. In addition, Iran has given permission for the missiles to be used in case of an "emergency". In return, the agreement states that Venezuela can use these facilities for "national needs" – radically increasing the threat to neighbors like Colombia. The German daily claims that according to the agreement, Iranian Shahab 3 (range 1300-1500 km), Scud-B (285-330 km) and Scud-C (300, 500 and 700 km) will be deployed in the proposed base. It says that Iran also pledged to help Venezuela in rocket technology expertise, including intensive training of officers

Venezuela has also become the country through which Iran intends to bypass UN sanctions. Following a new round of UN sanctions against the Islamic Republic, for example, Russia decided not to sell five battalions of S-300PMU-1 air defence systems to Iran. These weapons, along with a number of other weapons, were part of a deal, signed in 2007, worth $800 million. Now that these weapons cannot be delivered to Iran, Russia is looking for new customers; according to the Russian press agency Novosti[2], it found one: Venezuela. Novosti reports the words of Igor Korotchenko, head of a Moscow-based think tank on international arms trade, saying that if the S-300 deal with Venezuela goes through, Caracas should pay cash for the missiles, rather than take another loan from Russia. "The S-300 is a very good product and Venezuela should pay the full amount in cash, as the country's budget has enough funds to cover the deal ," Korotchenko said. Moscow has already provided

Caracas with several loans to buy Russian-made weaponry, including a recent $2.2-mln loan on the purchase of 92 T-72M1M tanks, the Smerch multiple-launch rocket systems and other military equipment. If Iran, therefore, cannot get the S-300 missiles directly from Russia, it can still have them through its proxy, Venezuela, and deploy them against its staunchest enemy, the U.S..

Link

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join