It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Symbol database?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Hi,

I'm curious if there is a database consisting of alien symbols and writings that people have seen, particularly those found on their bodies. I've done the standard Google searches but turned up results that were either not helpful or obviously just fakes.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm particularly interested because of personal reasons.

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I would even settle for symbols any of you may know of and be able to post...though I know it's a shot in the dark.

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I have some pics that are of what ppl have written/seen or wahtever, i found them interesting....also, why do you want to know? Links are:

www.abduct.com... - just click on stuff on the right for more ones...

www.anomalies-unlimited.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2003 @ 03:15 AM
link   
well if it its symbols you want,

galactic.to...

". I'm particularly interested because of personal reasons."

care to expand??

posted on Mar, 27 2003 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Sadly, I have seen many of those already. None contain what I am looking for (none are even in the same "style").

Originally posted by cassini
care to expand??

This is a fringe, paranormal site; I suppose I may as well be frank. I have a small, red symbol on my inner thigh. It's a combination of dots and straight lines that form a simple but unique symbol. I have been seeking some sort of meaning or validation for years. I would post an illustration, but I would rather locate it elsewhere or something like it (posting it would mean someone could just take it and throw it up somewhere on a site). I am something of a skeptic and believe likely 100% of the so-called alien symbols I have seen online are just people fooling around and writing gibberish (let's face it, there's a lot of goofy, paranormal garbage on the net). And I desperately wish I could find out the reason behind this thing on my leg.

I have no memories of "abductions" or sightings. I have seen strange things sometimes, but I guess everyone has, in their lives, explained or not. I just want to find out what this thing means and have never found an answer. Maybe I'll never know.

posted on Mar, 27 2003 @ 05:15 AM
link   
"And I desperately wish I could find out the reason behind this thing on my leg"

Fairly silly question but have you had any doctors or nurses look at it? It may either validate an unknown origin for it or resolve the problem.

"I am something of a skeptic and believe likely 100% of the so-called alien symbols I have seen online are just people fooling around and writing gibberish"

whilst not being a skeptic on the matter in general, I`d have to agree and say that the alleged alien writing on the net seems to be a load of horse crap.

It may be worth having a chat with the guy who did this thread,

xmb.abovetopsecret.com...

He has had experiences and may be able to point you in the right direction.

[Edited on 27-3-2003 by cassini]

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by cassini
"And I desperately wish I could find out the reason behind this thing on my leg"

Fairly silly question but have you had any doctors or nurses look at it? It may either validate an unknown origin for it or resolve the problem.

I have not had a doctor look at it, no. I would like to, but I suppose I would feel silly asking someone to look at a tiny red discoloration on my leg. I am sure it would be dismissed as a coincidental birthmark of some sort. In spite of the fact that the mark hasn't always been there...but certainly I would understand someone not thinking anything of it.

"I am something of a skeptic and believe likely 100% of the so-called alien symbols I have seen online are just people fooling around and writing gibberish"

whilst not being a skeptic on the matter in general, I`d have to agree and say that the alleged alien writing on the net seems to be a load of horse crap.

Yes, there is a lot of garbage out there. Lots of obvious science fiction stories in order to create this whole extraterrestrial mythology. I don't buy 99% of it. I believe in things when I see them.

It may be worth having a chat with the guy who did this thread,

xmb.abovetopsecret.com...

He has had experiences and may be able to point you in the right direction.

I may do that.

I simply look in the hopes that I find this mark or something similar, somewhere out there. I knew it was a long shot. Obviously, there is a chance it is nothing. But it is eerie to look at and has bothered me for years. I seem to remember noticing it in my early teens (I am 20 now). I would probably outright dismiss myself were it not for the strange things I have seen in life, as I'm sure most everyone here has. Not to mention the fact that it is a clear arrangement of lines and circles in a triangular form. As a kid, I even used to use it in comic books I drew. Ah, well; just another oddity in life, I suppose!

new topics

top topics

join