It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're Not Truly Awake If You See Conspiracy in EVERY News Story

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by glitchinthematrix
It is strange that the news of OBL was released at such a late hour just out of the blue. I mean, had you thought about him lately? I hadn't.

Please, do tell. Exactly when would you like information to be released?
Out of the blue? How dare they not keep you informed of secret military operations!
Perhaps they need to consult with you in future to find out what you're thinking about just in case they have some important information to release.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77

Originally posted by arbitrarygeneraiist
I think that they pulled the comparable DNA from relatives. I wouldn't be surprised if there's such a thing as a mobile genetics testing lab or kit that can be employed on the fly.

Yea, that's what I see the problem with. I'm not convinced with a "I wouldn't be surprised" argument.

I don't think the the Carl Vinson has a genetics lab aboard, did they fly a DNA sample over in a SR-71 or something?
edit on 4-5-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

Who knows, who cares? If OBL is not dead then when he shows up alive Obama and co are going to look pretty stupid aren't they?
Do you think they would risk that by faking OBL's death?
Would you inform your predecessor, Bush (opposite political persuasion by the way) that you had finished the job that he had undertaken (but failed to achieve) if you didn't really do so?
Pretty big risk to your political career if you are found out to be full of ####.
Do you think Bush (who wanted OBL dead or alive) and the Republicans would allow Obama all the spoils if OBL was already dead years ago?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

You're not truly awake if you think this, you're more like the Mel Gibson character in "Conspiracy Theory" who sees conspiracies in every little thing that he sees. You're more of a prisoner than the people who just go through every day existence believing everything that they're told.

Not every news story is a conspiracy, sometimes it's just news. It's a sign of our times when mainstream media puts in an addendum on big news stories saying "oh, Conspiracy Theorists will start to say this" about the big stories.

If you start seeing conspiracy everywhere, you'll actually miss the bigger picture, and will probably miss the main conspiracy theories hiding in plain sight.

I would suggest you sir, are the one who is not awake.

Criticizing people for thinking that the news lies is..well stupid

If you believe every official story from the US media [the strongest propaganda spewing country] then you are a fool.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by The Ghost Who Walks

I don't think most people call Osama's death a hoax......we all know he's dead.........

What most people don't believe is Osama was killed on 1st May 2011.....and I'm one of them.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Couldn't agree more with OP.

I am all for keeping one's eyes and ears open, but GOTDAMN, not everything in life is a conspiracy.

I'm still waiting for the "William and Kate's marriage was only a marriage of convenience in order to consolidate power between the Illuminati/NWO/Freemasons/Annunaki/Skull and Crossbones/insert shadowy group here."

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

It seems to me lately that no matter what story is reported in the news, people scream that there is a big conspiracy behind it and we're being lied to by the main stream media.
You're not truly awake if you think this, you're more like the Mel Gibson character in "Conspiracy Theory" who sees conspiracies in every little thing that he sees. You're more of a prisoner than the people who just go through every day existence believing everything that they're told.

Let's try digging a little deeper here and get to the bottom of the 'why' people look for conspiracy.

- Are our western world governments worthy of being trusted?

- Is our media worthy of being trusted?

If you answered 'NO' to either or both of those questions, you just hit pay dirt and now know why conspiracy theories run amok.

True, not every news story is bogus and not everything your government says is a lie. But unless you treat the information like it was a lie, you will inevitably be fooled. Every word must be held suspect. Every breaking story must be scrutinized under a keen eye.

The recent effort by the US Government to counter conspiracy theorists with specifically created cyber programs that invent false identities to mask those whose only job is to infiltrate and counter free exchange of ideas, is enough by itself to push even the most modest observer over the edge into distrust.

In a nutshell, the blame for this distrust MUST be placed at the doorstep of government and so too, the consequences of the same.

It is sad that we have arrived at a place where we cannot trust those we elect to serve us. It is entirely regrettable that we can no longer feel safe with those former guardians of public liberty; the press/media. It is dangerous to the extreme that we can no longer count on our food and water supplies being untainted and passed on even with the oversight of both of those above-mentioned bodies.

It is all very depressing but... in an age where nearly everyone is a victim, the fault is not victim's.

Best

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

You can see conspiracy in everything you want so long as you are able to realize that is just one (or several) perspectives that there are when viewing such an event.

The truth is always hidden within all the bullsh#t.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
I'm going to disagree with the basic premise of this thread, in that 90 percent of news stories are conspiracies, or to be more clear, the truth is hidden in news stories, so with the right understanding you can see the larger picture unfolding, not necessarily a "conspiracy" of men, because it could be subconscious or just seeds for a future operation, but the basic operations of evil.

I've got to disagree with what you have said there. I can't speak for American news services, whatever the media, but I know in the UK certain outlets will put different spin on the same story depending on their political stance. I don't see that as a conspiracy, I see it as political posturing. What you call 'the right understanding' is again a posturing, doesn't mean there are any facts behind it (Prince William and Kate Middleton drinking blood from OBL's skull anyone? Headline news on ATS).

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
This thread should be dedicated to Alex Jones

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
AMEN!!!!!!!!!

Almost all of these theories are politically motivated. The birthers hate Obama and see fake in everything. The Left hates the Right and were saying bin Laden was really dead but they were pretending he was alive to justify their actions.

You are just not going to get an answer to whether or not something is a conspiracy after 48-72 hours of an event. Because there is this small group that screams "CONSPIRACY" ALL the time, they drown out the real conspiracies. There is just not a conspiracy in every damned thing. Sometimes, sh** just happens.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
This construct/reality could exist entirely on a hard drive.

Everything you have ever known has potentially never occurred in any REAL reality.... just here in this construct.

Everything you have ever known might have been only recently uploaded to your mind-hard-drive creating every memory up to and including this point.

An infinite number of similar constructs could be running, I would say "at this TIME" yet what is time when even the Cessium atom that the atomic clock is based upon seems to be in flux.....

When we look into Molecules, Atoms and pretty much everything.... we find a whole lot of nothing and when science locates the one LONE PIXEL......... I am going to come here and laugh and laugh and laugh as all you "non believing blasphemers" cry and cry and cry

and then we can get along with our little theories with no further nonsense from those who lack imagination making their minds utterly useless in a place such as this....

What? are you no longer thrilled by MAIN STREAM LIES so you feel the need to come here and F with people who do not believe in them and who also are capable of using their imagination to come up with alternative theories???????

answer the fookin' question

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Actually what you are saying in essence is wrong, though I don't think people should see conspiracy in everything, they should still consider everything.

Approach conspiracies as one should approach religion.
devout religious - believe blindly and therefore let faith think for them. learning ends here.
devout atheists - believe blindly and therefore let their lack of faith think for them. learning ends here.
agnostics - are open to possibilities, consider all possibilities.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Great thread OP! thanks for this. It can get insane here with so many insane theory's flying around. Glad to see someone has some common sense. I have been accused of being a government schill so I'm pretty happy about it. Sad part people here way smarter then i will ever be, and yet they had the most wacky insane theory's with no proof what so ever. S&F my friend!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I don't even have to read the OP, just the title, to know what a joke this is going to be. As Thomas Jefferson himself stated, I would never read a newspaper as it merely contains the LIES OF THE DAY!. I agree, I do not see a conspiracy in everything. You don't need to be a genius to KNOW that the Media is nothing but a propoganda machine for the Elite. Anyone who buys into those lies is an idiot. The news is nothing BUT LIES, no conspiracy there JUST FACT.

Example is Oklahoma City, the News reported 2- 1200 pound bombs in the building. Why would McVeigh NEED to use a truck bomb if there were already huge bombs in the building. What is right? Were there bombs in the building, and if so, why did McVeigh not use them instead? If there weren't, then why did all the local media report it on television?

LIES.
edit on 4-5-2011 by daddio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I agree.
If you see a conspiracy everywhere, you are a para-scizzo.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

AMEN! You said what I've been thinking for a long time now! Which is actually a bit suspicious.......Hey! Wait a minute you read my mind didn't you? YOuR oNe oF ThEm aRen't yOU?!?!?!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Scytherius

Wrong.... simply wrong....
I am no "Birther" yet I am steeped in CT enough to know that something STRANGE is ongoing.

I am definately not a racist nor an anti semite yet ANYTIME... nay .... EVERYTIME I approach the HOLY SUBJECT known as JEW JEWISH JUDAISM ASHKENAZI NAZI HOLOCAUST HOLODOMOR ZIONISM and I am not openly...... on the side of zionism....... then I am labelled an antisemite.

I am no "BURIER" either yet YES! ABSOLUTELY! the whole OBL thing stinks of foul play.

We do not need FOX MSNBC CNN et al to tell us anything beyond the "Image currently being projected" as we have what we have come to know/learned/tend to believe as our "Tools" plus all those other "tools" that are indeed double edged and thus could be used to deceive such as our eyes, ears, nose, tongue and yes even our own minds.

Then we have a few, a very few like ALEX JONES interviewing ex heads of state, ex cia, nsa and other alphabet intelligence agency employees who no longer receive a paycheck from .Gov and frankly I would trust that person over all those still on the PAYROLL/DOLE still looking up on the ladder of ambition....

Ultimately.... sure...we should be able to accept the thought that even ALEX is disinfo yet hey wait a minute..... why is his story the opposite of the official story and so very damning if true?

I will show you some things, perhaps you will see the relevance, walk with me....

I know that the CONstitution was the real subversion of We the Sovereigns and of the Sovereign States so what do you think we get from the Media???

All of them appear/pretend to be Constitutional Stalwarts......as all of them and this would even include ALEX JONES are defending the very document that enabled our enslavement I.E. "LOVING OUR HANGMAN" for various reasons, some may know the ugly truth while some may truly believe the big lie etc etc....

Now, this could simply be the repetitious act of kicking a dead horse, a learned behavior, a habit from creatures of habit.....THE CONSTITUTION IS GOD!

It is because all they need to control is the MAINSTREAM, its the majority, they do not have to fool us all and if you have looked at an I.Q. chart recently then you would not be surprised when I follow with "THEY ONLY HAVE TO FOOL THE MAJORITY" and the all important "THAT SHOULD NOT BE VERY DIFFICULT".....

So, someone like Alex can EXIST within their PARADIGM without SHATTERING it as long as even a small bit of what he is saying reinforces the BIG LIE and since most are AVERAGE INTELLIGENCE at best, the majority will never be able to see beyond the lies to ever even think to turn the channel or to turn the darn thing off completely making the possibility of these same people ever believing someone like AJ over the MSM nearly an impossibility....

So, I can think beyond MSM and beyond Alex and so can many who are now being labelled kooks here.

I look at it as a PROJECTION upon a Silver Screen and my goal is to interpret what they are trying to get the masses to feel and wether it is positive or negative and how it may fit what i believe is the ultimate agenda, simply.

Some of us go about it like Science while others go about it like it was a Religion and yet still other go about it willy nilly as they have no pre existing internal compass to lead them on and it is this type that I desire to sit down and really chat with the most.
It is the willy nilly ability to go anywhere/everywhere that i wish I had more of yet sadly it seems that would require that I re learn and or "wash" my mind of what I have learned and the sequence in which I have learned these "things" so for now, slightly willy nilly slightly pre determined never straight yet always forward I go......

You want to be frightened???

How about this..... ALL the crap they are telling you, all the so called "fear mongering" concerning the .GOV et al... yeah???

Everything about the CONstitution, the loss of our rights to the fear of inflation, of the USA become financially insolvent etc etc AD NAUSEUM ET mother FN al....

All of it..... could already have happened in a very real sense.....and you are just now being tested/told.....so they can gauge your reaction and plan ahead for the time when they will no longer need to lie.

I do not know for how long I will have to post this video and I do not care.....there is something that needs to be set free....

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Hi bunnies,

Nice post. It made me realsie that i may be slipping in to a mel gibson mode. Your absolutely right that a lot of people (including myself sometimes) concentrate too much on center stage. This is exactly where they want us to look, we should be trying to sneak a peak behind the curtain.

I think we should all vow to try our hardest not to fall in to this trap, becasue as OP said, you're no trully awake, we're just on the other side of the see-saw.

Peace

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
There may not be a conspiracy behind all news. But there's almost always an agenda. And part of being an awake person is becoming able to see through hype and the propaganda at those agendas.

There are also agendas behind many of those proposing conspiracy theories. It's important to see those as well.

But this should all be used to help you live a more enlightened life. Not to become paralyzed with rage or fear. Because what good is it being awake if you can't get out of bed?
edit on 4-5-2011 by GhostRadioNews because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Have you stopped to consider that they genuinely wanted to get rid of it as quickly as possible and in as remote a location as possible to avoid it becoming a symbol for martyrdom?

Have you stopped to consider that such a statement is a conspiracy theory, since the provided explanation of his burial was to respect Muslim tradition? Of course that is one of the two practical explanations of an obvious government lie... the other being that they never really killed Osama bin Ladin in that raid.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join