It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even Less Freedom Now? US Warns of Anti-American Violence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

US warns of anti-American violence after bin Laden

"Given the uncertainty and volatility of the current situation, U.S. citizens in areas where recent events could cause anti-American violence are strongly urged to limit their travel outside of their homes and hotels and avoid mass gatherings and demonstrations," it said.

The alert said U.S. embassy operations would continue "to the extent possible under the constraints of any evolving security situation." It noted that embassies and consulates may temporarily close or suspend public services, depending on conditions.

Yaho o-Us Warns...

Are we due to loose more freedom because of this? Was this the goal of his murder(or should I say execution? or?), beyond justice? Safety measures, sure, but will they be extreme? What do you think they will enact for the US now?
edit on 2-5-2011 by dreamingawake because: fixed?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I am soooo glad that the war our mission is accomplished . . . again. Now we are so much safer . . .

/sarcasm

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

I wouldn't be worried how some person is going to treat me because of my gov't. I would be more worried about Al-Qaeda having a nuke!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

This is the general consensus going around ATS right now.
Get ready for Uber-TSA et al.
Great timing for re-election too.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
O' hell...I see strip searches and cavity searches now by the TSA.....These evil twisted minds never seem to quit....

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
So,
In another words,
Get off your arse and get out there for some assembly! Party! Drive around for no reason!
Better than being scared.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

I wouldn't be worried about Al-Qaeda having a nuke! I would be worried about TPTB using a nuke and blaming it on Al-Qaeda.....That's the way they work.....You haven't forgotten about 9/11 yet have you?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

I wouldn't be worried how some person is going to treat me because of my gov't. I would be more worried about Al-Qaeda having a nuke!

It wouldn't be al ciada setting off a nuke. It would be C.I.A posing as al ciada setting of a nuke.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

In my opinion, certainly not. If anything, as a U.S. civilian, you would be directed to keep a heightened state of alertness when you're out and about. I can't imagine how the TSA could further adjust their SOP according to this, either.
What sort of freedom do you think would be taken away as a result of this?
@Caji - That is quite the sinister suggestion there, but I would be lying if I said that hasn't crossed my mind tonight.
edit on 2-5-2011 by Sek82 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
yeah, because it takes a news article to deduce that there could be retaliation(or false flag if you want).

when has there NOT been anti-american sentiment? really? the world hated america before, the wars just made it worse.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I think its so wierd people celebrating. When did all those people around the White House get bussed in?? I don't recall AMERICANS ever acting like this, celebrating someones death.
Retaliation is coming along with more of our freedoms lost.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake

Are we due to loose more freedom because of this? Was this the goal of his murder, beyond justice? Safety measures, sure, but will they be extreme? What do you think they will enact for the US now?

Goal of his murder?

Yeah..... OK

I remember watching people jumping from the towers to their deaths because of the flames.

You keep can call it murder, I call it a long overdue execution of his death penalty.

edit on 2-5-2011 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Big *SIGH* of resignation.

I do fear more loss of rights and liberties. I just can't imagine what they'll be. We know that our government is completely reactionary. There's no predicting where they'll go next.

You know, it's not as if they didn't already have plans to escalate the erosion of our rights. Maybe they just finished the next step a bit ahead of time and thought this would be a good time to implement it....

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
What I do not understand is why they would bring his body back here? Is this just some form of disrespect for Bin Ladins family? Is it really him? Why bring the body back here?

Bush allowed BinLadins family to fly out after 911 when all airtraffic was ceased, so how do they justify taking the body out of Pakistan and away from his family?

This is wrong somehow, something is not right about this whole mess.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I find it interesting that the announcements of Ghadaffi's kiddo and grand-kiddos, come within a day of BinLaden being announced as dead, which came within a few days of a long form BC release after almost 3 years. Are we campaigning, Mr. President?? Or are we just on a roll at the moment??

Someone also mentioned the regime having "A Nuke".... if in fact they did have one, wouldn't it be plausible that they had more than just one?

I got an extra kick out of Obamas address in the media tonight saying that the person responsible for the death of thousands has finally paid the price for his doings. If I'm not mistaken, how many people had to die before we finally offed this supposed terrorist?

Obama is truly showing the nuttier side of power... I think he is starting to feel a little bit overwhelmed with all the BS. But a true leader does not feed into false pretense (as seen last night at the dinner speech).

We may be in for a really good ride I suggest holding on to your hats now, just in case

edit on 5/2/2011 by forall2see because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by infolurker

Originally posted by dreamingawake

Are we due to loose more freedom because of this? Was this the goal of his murder, beyond justice? Safety measures, sure, but will they be extreme? What do you think they will enact for the US now?

Goal of his murder?

Yeah..... OK

I remember watching people jumping from the towers to their deaths because of the flames.

You keep can call it murder, I call it a long overdue execution of his death penalty.

edit on 2-5-2011 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

Well, there' so many 'conspiracies' out there that his where about were know of for a long time, but they waited to act- for what ever reason.
He deserved more than just death as an execution! People who had to jump, and who died slowly surely didn't die a quick death as they said he did, they suffered immensely.
News articles say "killed" and words such, sorry I was not being politically correct?
edit on 2-5-2011 by dreamingawake because: correction.

new topics

top topics

join