It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Al-Qaeda going to follow through on their plans now!?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by stonebutterfly

Do you have a link on the NAS bomb threat in TX?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Seems like there starting to attack NATO tankers and Pakistani police.

www.newkerala.com...

Pakistan gunmen kill police officials, torch 14 NATO tankers
Islamabad, May 2 : Gunmen killed three police officials and torched 14 NATO oil tankers in Pakistan's Punjab province, a media report said Monday.

The assailants first attacked a security check post in the Dharnal area, killing three police personnel, including a sub-inspector, before setting the tankers on fire, Geo TV reported.

The vehicles were torched on the Fateh Jang-Pindi Ghaib road in Attock district. Officials said the tankers caught fire when gunmen opened fire on the vehicles.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Hang on hang on hang on just a moment here.......

The said nuclear device is in Europe and will be detonated in Europe if any of this is true. I would suggest do not be so fast to discount this to you disbelievers.

It is not entirely possible that they have sourced an ex soviet nuclear device and have it somewhere???? Obviously such a weapon would be nigh on impossible to get in to the US after 9/11 but if may very well be possible for them to have sourced it and moved it from Russia to somewhere closer to Western Europe.

I personally would be very worried if I were living in Europe right about now.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

That story is fake.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

That story is fake.

Read the 6th post on that thread.
2nd.

Or this.
edit on 1-5-2011 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

or this about a CIA agent giving nuke secrets.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
The news on this nuke "leak" came out only 6 days ago - very convenient for a) a false flag attack to perpetuate/extend the War on Terror, b) justify increased securitization of the Western world, and c) gain public support for whatever actions may come since this "threat" is fresh in public memory.

Heck, this very convenient announcement could be tons of things:

- the strategic electioneering trump card to play in preparation for 2012 (only days after the whole ridiculous birth certificate farce)

- a way to force markets into the "safety" of the US dollar and prop up the broken US markets, while chopping down the threatening prices of precious metals (just in time for the debt ceiling debate/USD hitting catastrophic lows/PMs hitting all-time highs)

- to distract the public from the terrible situation that the US is currently in by encouraging blind patriotism ("USA! USA! USA!")

- to trigger a retaliatory attack, be it a false flag or through provoking terrorist cells, in order to extend the War on Terror (in length or into different territories... I'm looking at you, Pakistan & Iran)... War is GREAT for a broken economy

- or even to "graciously" bow out of the highly unpopular and unjustified wars being waged by the US and their allies in the Middle East (or rather, changing the overt war into a covert one).

So yea, this whole story REEKS of propaganda and really could be the precursor to a false flag attack, but there are so many reasons that the Osama card is being played that it's hard to predict what the true intentions are.

Guess we'll have to wait and see... Stay critical and alert for any events that may be the result of this BS announcement!
edit on 1-5-2011 by pforkp because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

Originally posted by JBA2848

That story is fake.

Read the 6th post on that thread.
2nd.

Or this.

or this about a CIA agent giving nuke secrets.

I can remember watching a Doco years ago when Bush was in his first term about 9/11, Al Qaida and the threat of terrorism. If I could remember the name of it I would look it up and find a link, but anywho one of the CIA's biggest worries was that Al Qaeda would get a 'dirty' bomb on to US soil - they highlighted how theoretically easy it would be to get nuclear material.

Even more frightening is this BBC article on a dirty bomb that was planted in Russia.it contained radioactive material but was retrieved before it detonated. If Al Qaeda have been able to make a dirty bomb, it proves one thing; They have access to the ingredients needed for a proper nuke.

www.bbc.co.uk...

So I still stand by I would be very worried if I were in Europe right now,

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Let's apply a little thought to this.

I think we all would agree that a Nuclear Warhead would be the Holy Grail of all weapons.... Correct?

So hypothetically if al qaeda had managed to somehow get a hold of one, wouldnt they try to use it right away? why hide it somewhere for a rainy day and risk loosing it?

It just makes no sense from a terrorist viewpoint. A Nuke is the proverbial Hot Potato, they would get it into position and detonate ASAP.

IMO. Maybe im dumb.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ionsoul

It's almost hilarious to me.

Osama posts a video online.... "FAKE, He's already dead! Everyone knows that!"

Osama killed, news reports.... "FAKE, That's not even him. Everyone knows that!"

I have no idea either way, it does not stop militant terrorism from people intent on following the same interpretation of islam that bin laden followed. It wont stop anti-west sentiment...

About the worst thing to happen now, is the ATS servers will overload with the same themed threads over and over...

Fun!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong

Maybe this is just America's excuse to leave Afghanistan because its unwinnable. They can't look weak and pull out so they'll say he's dead and we're leaving. Troops come home, Obama gets reelected. ... maybe?

You probably hit the nail right on the head mate.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by markosity1973
Hang on hang on hang on just a moment here.......

The said nuclear device is in Europe and will be detonated in Europe if any of this is true. I would suggest do not be so fast to discount this to you disbelievers.

It is not entirely possible that they have sourced an ex soviet nuclear device and have it somewhere???? Obviously such a weapon would be nigh on impossible to get in to the US after 9/11 but if may very well be possible for them to have sourced it and moved it from Russia to somewhere closer to Western Europe.

I personally would be very worried if I were living in Europe right about now.

You dont need to fly it INTO the US land, you just get a boat and sit off NYC and fire it, even at Long Island Nuclear plant, nature does the rest.

You can also load it on a plane (small one) as to appear not to appear like a big threat of a Jumbo.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Maybe a connection?
San Antonio military bases security raised to Bravo level

www.ksat.com...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Al-Qaeda does not exist.
Nor did Osama Bin Laden.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mikeyy

Let's apply a little thought to this.

I think we all would agree that a Nuclear Warhead would be the Holy Grail of all weapons.... Correct?

So hypothetically if al qaeda had managed to somehow get a hold of one, wouldnt they try to use it right away? why hide it somewhere for a rainy day and risk loosing it?

It just makes no sense from a terrorist viewpoint. A Nuke is the proverbial Hot Potato, they would get it into position and detonate ASAP.

IMO. Maybe im dumb.

Maybe not though, if you use nukes, they will be used against you. Is it possible that they might realize this and haven't found a way to safely use one yet? (safe as in, 100% framing say Iran?)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by InterestedObserver
I think the world should be on heightened alert for terrorist attacks. However, I also think it is an enormous victory to take out the head of one of the most anti-west terrorist cells in the world that will demoralize many of his followers. I doubt they have the capability to launch large scale attacks on the U.S. or Europe, but only time will tell us. Anyway, lets enjoy the moment. This is great news.
edit on 5/1/2011 by InterestedObserver because: (no reason given)

I don't think this will demoralize the threat at all. The number one mistake people make when dealing with these people (**Yeah, I said "these people") is they don't fear death. To them this is a great victory. Their leader has just made the rank of martyr, and this action will likely inspire them to join him.

**These people are extremists with extremist views. They don't follow the traditional thread of the Muslim faith and are fueled and fired up by acts of martyrdom, and though Osama Bin Laden was caught and killed, and we westerners see this as a great triumph against terrorism, to them this is also a great victory. You don't have to die by suicide bomb to be found a martyr. You only have to die for your beliefs, and the fact that he had to be tracked down and killed because he wouldn't turn himself in means that he held true to his beliefs.
That being said; this is all still a farce because I think Bin Laden was still receiving orders from the CIA. They met with him just before 9/11 for Christ's sake. Its likely, however, that his own militants didn't know of his American ties, just like most Sheeple here in the States don't know, and this is what makes his death so dangerous. You want to demoralize the Al Qaeda threat? You declassify that he was working for us. Of course that doesn't fit into the agenda. And in the end, that's what this is about.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Bin Laden was dead years ago. I have proof in my thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
I hope to high heaven that Osama Bin Laden's death does not cause an attack of retribution by his followers as told by the mastermind behind the 9/11 attacks.

Thoughts? Anything to add?

Nuclear Attack?
These were released by wikileaks.

THE mastermind of the 9/11 attacks warned that Al-Qaeda has hidden a nuclear bomb in Europe which will unleash a "nuclear hellstorm" if Osama bin Laden is captured, leaked files revealed today.

The terror group also planned to make a 9/11 style attack on London's Heathrow airport by crashing a hijacked airliner into one of the terminals, the files showed.

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed told Guantanamo Bay interrogators the terror group would detonate the nuclear device if the Al-Qaeda chief was captured or killed, according to the classified files released by the WikiLeaks website.

Isnt it amazing how this piece of news surfaced last week or the week before and now we have OBL's death news this week?

I feel that OBL's death news is just a starting point for something long term activities now that the first 10 years since 9/11/2001 has ended.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I would say someone is intent on going thru with their attacks, but I wouldn't just blame terrorist groups. The game isn't over yet

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Some people, if they witnessed the truth
firsthand would still not believe it.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

No. Don't worry. Al Qaeda are very busy. They have been booked by the USA to fight a war in Libya, except they have changed their name to REBELS!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join