It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Epiphany About 911

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by psikeyhackr

Do you ever notice how good electronics is these days.

Radio controlled plane with camera loaded with explosives. Dive bomb the target. Launch it two miles away pass control to different people along the route. Even if the the model was shot down it could explode in the air. So how would the people controlling it even be found.

There was a man in Australia designing a cruise missile some years back. Wasn't he route of the wedding well known in advance? GPS guided model planes with explosive.

Well, I can think of a number of flaws in that scenario, but be that as it may, the idea is the same. You could probably just sneak two people with automatic weapons into the crowd and do as much damage. However, when you have high profile public events you have very high security which greatly reduces the chances of success. There is only one thing worse to the terrorist than no terrorist event and thats a failed attempt, particluarly one that is thwarted by your target's security services. Makes the terrorist look weak and feable. Plus one of strong points of terrorism is striking at ordinary citizens when they least expected. Everyone kind of subconsciously knows that they may me targets when they gather at well advertised public events, what scares the hell out of people is when they see their fellow citizens murdered on the way to the drugstore.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by hooper

Nah.
Sorry, not havin that.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by tombangelta
reply to post by Common Scarecrow

I had a conversation once with a senior officer at London's scotland yard ( friend of the family )

he said the only true terrorsist threat this country has ever faced is the IRA. everything else is manufactured.

^^ This. I was doing basic training with the IRA threat ongoing. They were and are still a well trained, well motivated fearless terror organisation that the UK had to respect for its bravery and tenacious ability to reach out and strike defended targets.

However, everything else since the IRA has been.............

THE WAR ON TERRA

think about it.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Because the classic aim of terrorism - is to cause a split between the people and the rulers/law enforcement agencies, due to the repressive measures needed, that cause the police to treat all members of the public as potential enemies.

Um.....just like this post seeks to do!

If you really want to know, the roots of modern terrorism lie with the KGB - it was after all the primary governing mechanism of Communist Russia - they merely extended it as their primary means of international influence.

edit on 30-4-2011 by JohhnyBGood because: spelling

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by lambros56
reply to post by hooper

Nah.
Sorry, not havin that.

Not havin' what, exactly? High security at those events? Think that is pretty much a given, same with Washington DC and most politcal centers. Terrorists not wanting to expose themselves to the risk of being publically thwarted? Well look at the history of modern terrorism. Most, if not all of the civilian targets are pretty damn soft.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Ya Hit the nail on the head,

Terrorism is only directed at us common folk for control of us.

I'm the type of person, that if i was on a plane and some so-called terrorist tried to take the plane over , I'd rip the tray off the back of the seat in front of me and beat them to death with it ,end of story., except i would get arrested for fouling up the governments plans to instill fear into the people.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Good question, i dont think that 9/11 was the beginning this stuff has been going on since the dawn of time.
I've certainly had thoughts about attacks with such opportunities, the fact that it doesnt really happen and when it does its shrouded in theories and official stories with gaps just proves in my mind that all these assasinations really are set up.

But heres the big question, whats the next big open opportunity and what could happen?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by hooper

Why couldn't they, you know, just fly a plane into them?

It's ironic how you make this scenario seem to be too difficult, yet you believe the whole 911 event word for word, which was a far more complicated scenario than crashing a plane into a crowd.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
reply to post by hooper

Why couldn't they, you know, just fly a plane into them?

It's ironic how you make this scenario seem to be too difficult, yet you believe the whole 911 event word for word, which was a far more complicated scenario than crashing a plane into a crowd.

Again, they could try, but because of 9/11 secuirty at airports is much higher, in case you haven't noticed. Not to say that it may not happen in the future, but please remember that this is a relatively small group of indivduals with limited resources that don't like to risk those resources where there is a greatly reduced chance for success. Hell, all you really needed was one well placed sniper to start taking pot shots at the crowd and you would have had a mess even if there wasn't a very great loss of life.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join