It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100% PROOF! Obama "RESOLVES" That He Is Not Eligible To Be President! (Condemning Info!)

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I was wondering when someone was going to point out that he was born in Hawaii (not exactly considered an "outlying possession"), which renders the whole argument moot.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Guys and girls, might i add that Obama was not born in US, he was born in the Africa, his parents are muslim and he is a said christian, i recently saw a video of him, ruling out the theory of God, how can he claim to be a christian yet attempt to rule out the theory, im sorry i do not have the link of the video to add to my claims, but i will look for it and post it sometime in the near future, as well as more evidence on my claims towards Obamas origins, when i have the time too. You could also research the matter for yourselves.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by ericsnow

The guy in the video is a con artist.

For John McCain, there were two questions that had to be answered. BECAUSE HE WAS NOT BORN ON AMERICAN SOIL. If his parents were Mexican, and he was born on an overseas US military base, he would not be a natural born citizen.

Because he was not born on American soil, they had to look to the citizenship of his parents. Obama was born on US soil and is a citizen no matter what.

en.wikipedia.org...

Statute, by birth within U.S.

As of 2006, United States Federal law () defines ten categories of person who are United States citizens from birth. According to that law, the following acquire citizenship at birth:

* "a person born in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof"
* "a person born in the United States to a member of an Indian, Eskimo, Aleutian, or other aboriginal tribe" (see Indian Citizenship Act of 1924).
* "a person of unknown parentage found in the United States while under the age of five years, until shown, prior to his attaining the age of twenty-one years, not to have been born in the United States"
* "a person born in an outlying possession of the United States of parents one of whom is a citizen of the United States who has been physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for a continuous period of one year at any time prior to the birth of such person"

edit on 29-4-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

I think you could be wrong. The above only applied to U.S. citizenship. That's very different than the natural born status you are required to have to become a President. Notice nowhere above does it say anything about having to be "natural born."

Why? There is only One thing on earth where by you MUST be natural born in the USA for and that's the Presidency. This was not written for potential presidential candidates but for the general population at large.

Care to re-evaluate who the con artist is?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Why does everyone believe that Obama was born in Hawaii? I remember his grand mother ( or who ever she was - family member) say she remembered when he was born in Kenya - then she changed her story for the next interview.. so.. whats up with that?

This is the U.S Government. If they needed to prove Obama was born on the Moon They could do it and you had better not question the U.S. Government!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I think the issue of McCain's parents only came into play because of his "off-shore" birth. I believe that even if he had been born on a military facility to non-US citizen parents, he would not be considered a natural born citizen. This happens all the time in areas of deployment where US forces also provide medical assistance to local citizens. In effect, they wanted to state clearly that only US citizens serving in the area of question could exercise the privileges of the facility and its US ownership status. If they passed a resolution stating that anyone born on a foreign military facility could be president, then we would have a serious issue. With a Hawaii birth certificate, Obama does not fall under that stipulation.

Just let it drop already. At this point in the presidency, it's too little and far too late.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by ericsnow

The guy in the video is a con artist.

For John McCain, there were two questions that had to be answered. BECAUSE HE WAS NOT BORN ON AMERICAN SOIL. If his parents were Mexican, and he was born on an overseas US military base, he would not be a natural born citizen.

Because he was not born on American soil, they had to look to the citizenship of his parents. Obama was born on US soil and is a citizen no matter what.

en.wikipedia.org...

Statute, by birth within U.S.

As of 2006, United States Federal law () defines ten categories of person who are United States citizens from birth. According to that law, the following acquire citizenship at birth:

* "a person born in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof"
* "a person born in the United States to a member of an Indian, Eskimo, Aleutian, or other aboriginal tribe" (see Indian Citizenship Act of 1924).
* "a person of unknown parentage found in the United States while under the age of five years, until shown, prior to his attaining the age of twenty-one years, not to have been born in the United States"
* "a person born in an outlying possession of the United States of parents one of whom is a citizen of the United States who has been physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for a continuous period of one year at any time prior to the birth of such person"

I completely agree... Obama was born on US soil. Children born on US soil whose parents are BOTH from other countries are citizens of the US. Children born on U.S. soil automatically acquire American citizenship for life. The 14th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution guarantees USA citizenship at birth to almost all individuals born in the U.S. or in U.S. jurisdictions.

"Constitution guarantees USA citizenship at birth to almost all individuals born in the U.S. or in U.S. jurisdictions."

The 14th Amendment DOES NOT affect the fact that the "U.S." and the U.S.A. are two Very different things and countries. If you are a "U.S. citizen", you are ONLY eligible for the presidency IF you were born BEFORE the ratification OF IT. You CAN ONLY be an "American Citizen" by being born WITHIN the 50 UNION STATES which make up America and NOT the "U.S.". Again, the "U.S." is a different country from the 50 union states which comprise the united states of America, and the grammar is correct here as typed too. Capital "C" for citizen, where noted, and all.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by taccj9903
Was Obama's father considered a national?

What does that mean.

And what exactly does it have to do with Obama being born a natural citizen in Hawaii?

Did you not read the section 1401, title 8 of the US code that gimme_some_truth provided the link for?

"a person born outside of the United States and its outlying possessions of parents one of whom is a citizen of the United States who has been physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for a continuous period of one year prior to the birth of such person, and the other of whom is a national, but not a citizen of the United States;"

According to gimme_some_truth "So according to US law, one qualifies as a natural born citizen if they were born in the US and one of his parents is a citizen of the United States who has been physically present in the United States or one of it's outlying possessions for a continuous period of one year."

This individual left out the part that Obama's father would have to be a national in order for Obama to be considered a natural born citizen according to section 1401, title 8 of the US code.

I'm not certain what a national is or whether Obama's father was one but that is what the code says.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
Why does everyone believe that Obama was born in Hawaii? I remember his grand mother ( or who ever she was - family member) say she remembered when he was born in Kenya - then she changed her story for the next interview.. so.. whats up with that?

You are remembering a lie and not even remembering it correctly. It was all one interview and the translation was corrected immediately, something WND forgets to report.

No, Obama's grandmother didn't say he was born in Kenya

What Liddy was referring to is actually an affidavit filed by a street preacher named Ron McRae, who conducted an interview with Sarah Obama, the second wife of President Obama's grandfather, through a translator. (Sarah Obama is not the president's biological grandmother, but he calls her "Granny Sarah.")

In that interview, Sarah Obama does in fact say at one point that she was there for her grandson's birth. But that was a mistake, a confusion in translation. As soon as a jubilant McRae began to press her for further details about her grandson being born in Kenya, the family realized the mistake and corrected him. And corrected him. And corrected him. (The audio is available for download here.)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by taccj9903
Did you not read the section 1401, title 8 of the US code that gimme_some_truth provided the link for?
You apparently didn’t. Had you read it you would have noticed the first paragraph of the statute, that says—

The following shall be nationals and citizens of the United States at birth:
(a) a person born in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof;

There are no other conditions in 8 USC 1401(a). Was Obama born in the United States? Yes. Were his parents Indians? No. Were his parents diplomats? No. Were his parents enemy soldiers? No. Then he was subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.

According to gimme_some_truth "So according to US law, one qualifies as a natural born citizen if they were born in the US and one of his parents is a citizen of the United States who has been physically present in the United States or one of it's outlying possessions for a continuous period of one year."
That’s for births outside the United States. This is what you quoted—

a person born outside of the United States and its outlying possessions ...

You think that might be a hint?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by civilchallenger
Right, the 14th amendment defines (or redefines) the term "citizen". You can also notice that while it uses the term "naturalized" in an apparent reference to "natural-born" it does not define that particular term.
What? The term ‘naturalized’ in the 14th Amendment is not even a remote reference, let alone an “apparent reference,” to natural born.

Naturalized refers to the process of naturalization, the acquisition of US citizenship by non-US citizens. It has nothing to do with natural born citizen.

In fact, if there are people who aren’t natural born citizens for sure it’s naturalized citizens.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

You are remembering a lie and not even remembering it correctly. It was all one interview and the translation was corrected immediately, something WND forgets to report.

What Liddy was referring to is actually an affidavit filed by a street preacher named Ron McRae, who conducted an interview with Sarah Obama, the second wife of President Obama's grandfather, through a translator. (Sarah Obama is not the president's biological grandmother, but he calls her "Granny Sarah.")

In that interview, Sarah Obama does in fact say at one point that she was there for her grandson's birth. But that was a mistake, a confusion in translation. As soon as a jubilant McRae began to press her for further details about her grandson being born in Kenya, the family realized the mistake and corrected him. And corrected him. And corrected him. (The audio is available for download here.)

The lie is yours - or rather lying spin that you mindlessly repeat. What happened was deliberately misreported. I heard the interview live and I know what was said! Sarah Obama did not correct McRae. Others did later. That does not count because they were part of the coverup concerning Obama's birthplace. There was NO confusion in mistranslation. That is, too, part of the excuse given. The tape makes it plain as plain that Sarah said categorically that she was present when he was born. Here is the transcript of the conversation (see end).
www.peoplespassions.org...
Heck, at the time of Obama's run for the Senate, some of the American press were saying that Kenya was Obama's birthplace
Sarah just confirmed it!

And here is the Kenyan ambassador confirming that President-elect Obama was born in Kenya:

There's NO argument about it. Just DENIAL,DENIAL, DENIAL. Because some of you don't want to face the awful truth of the huge lie foisted onto the American people. You can't deal with it, so you accept lies from the media and Democrat bloggers, who concoct some absurd nonsense explanation for you to grab onto in your desperation to avoid the truth.
edit on 1-5-2011 by micpsi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Let's see...Kenyan ambassador with no documentary evidence versus State of Hawaii with ample evidence - hmmm...who to believe, who to believe... The same Kenyan ambassador even stated that he was misquoted in that interview and WND carried that story www.wnd.com... WND doesn't address this on their site anymore. Wonder why? (Hint: they recognize a loser argument when they see one.)

The grandmother thing was debunked 2 years ago - see here:
mediamatters.org...
www.politifact.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

NEVER use WND as a source. They make a living off of keeping this controversy alive. Perhaps you've noticed the area that has birther books, t-shirts, and bumper stickers for sale? Does this suggest anything about their objectivity to you?

Like "The Donald", you keep bringing stuff up that that has been debunked/dismissed from 2 years ago. It's really annoying to have to stop the conversation to correct you so that you can catch up to the year 2011. Get with the program - you're hopelessly out of date and out of touch.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

I didn't get my information from WND - never heard of it. You claim the family had to cover up Granny Sarah's "mistake" because Granny didn't realize she was telling the truth when they were not supposed to say things like that.. Shocking.

Ma.. Granny is off saying things to the press again.. We need to stop her now before she does too much damage...

Yeah.. right.. I'm gonna believe that it was just a simple mistake.. LOL What a load of Crap. I'm surprised an educated person like yourself fell for it.
edit on 1-5-2011 by JohnPhoenix because: ed

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Funny, I remember her saying he was born in Hawaii. I guess we are remembering it differently. Where is your link and I will show you mine?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by aptness

Naturalized refers to the process of naturalization, the acquisition of US citizenship by non-US citizens. It has nothing to do with natural born citizen.

In fact, if there are people who aren’t natural born citizens for sure it’s naturalized citizens.

I have to agree with this.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside.

Born we all get. But naturalized means the process of becoming American if you were not born here.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LosLobos

Here is one...

Michelle again

Obama visit Kenya

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Ma.. Granny is off saying things to the press again.. We need to stop her now before she does too much damage...

Yeah.. right.. I'm gonna believe that it was just a simple mistake.. LOL What a load of Crap. I'm surprised an educated person like yourself fell for it.
edit on 1-5-2011 by JohnPhoenix because: ed

Well I guess there's just no denying willful ignorance.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I think you could be wrong. The above only applied to U.S. citizenship. That's very different than the natural born status you are required to have to become a President. Notice nowhere above does it say anything about having to be "natural born."

It says "citizen at birth".

The phrase "natural born" is not explicitly defined, but it is pretty logical that it means exactly the same thing as being a "citizen at birth". (Focus on "born").

The distinction is comparing to somebody who is "naturalized", meaning that they became a citizen by entering an explicit process and signing a form and taking an oath. If they didn't have to do that, and were a US citizen at birth, they are "natural born". The law makes this distinction clear, and therefore it is most sensible to assume that "natural born" means the same thing especially as the case law from the US Courts say the same thing.

What other interpretation is supported in law and fact more *strongly*? It's not just having some argument, it's having a better argument.

Why? There is only One thing on earth where by you MUST be natural born in the USA for and that's the Presidency. This was not written for potential presidential candidates but for the general population at large.

The US Supreme Court has already ruled on this a century ago. After the 14th Amendment, born in the USA = natural born.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by civilchallenger

Do you believe that the federal code has the power to define or re-define a word found in the constitution? If so, you're right. If not, then you're wrong. Since hypothetically a federal code with a 51% vote could be put in place that says a "president" means "one with supreme authority to do whatever he wants without consequence" and other such things, I'd like to think you are wrong.

Yes, of course Congress has power to make explicit or elaborate on the meaning and specific application of the Constitution, which was intentionally not excessively prescriptive except in a few areas. (Your hypothetical example would violate other parts of the Constitution.)

Congress could make a law that all left-handed midgets born between 3 and 3:07 AM in Tibet are U.S. citizens from birth (hence natural born), and one of these people could become President upon reaching the age of 35. Is this law legal? Yes. Will such a law ever be passed? Obviously not.

Congress could make a law that only left-handed midgets born between 3 and 3:07 AM in Tibet are US citizens from birth. This law would be nullified as unconstitutional since it violates the 14th Amendment.

Which brings us back to square one: what did the founding fathers believe "natural born" was when they wrote it and voted on it? The one and only suggestion I've seen from that era which actually defines the term seems to define "natural born" as someone with both parents having the countries citizenship status.

It is not completely clear, but it is irrelevant after the 14th Amendment and existing US statute.

edit on 1-5-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by userid1
reply to post by Annee

I was wondering when someone was going to point out that he was born in Hawaii (not exactly considered an "outlying possession"), which renders the whole argument moot.

Yeah - I know.

Except for the few exceptions already pointed out (foreign dignitary etc) - - if you are born on US soil - - you are a natural born citizen.

End of story. Parents could be from Mars.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join