It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU: 2 Days to Save Herbal Medicine!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
www.avaaz.org...

In 2 days, the EU will ban much of herbal medicine, pressing more of us to take pharmaceutical drugs that drive the profits of big Pharma.

The EU Directive erects high barriers to any herbal remedy that hasn't been on the market for 30 years -- including virtually all Chinese, Ayurvedic, and African traditional medicine. It's a draconian move that helps drug companies and ignores thousands of years of medical knowledge.

We need a massive outcry against this. Together, our voices can press the EU Commission to fix the directive, push our national governments to refuse to implement it, and give legitimacy to a legal case before the courts.

Just saw this on irc, searched ats and found THMPD discussed last time in november 2010. Thought some here are interested. There's a petition on the website.

I didn't check the facts, but I guess the case is legit. The article is saying "The EU Directive erects high barriers to any herbal remedy that hasn't been on the market for 30 years" , but not anything else. I wonder what the barriers are and why. Don't bother to google either. If someone knows, i'd like to hear here.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by inthemistandfog

Just move out to the countryside and befriend the local witch doctor.

Laws are only for those that obey them.

Who cares how much ink they write on paper, there will always be ehm, other solutions.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
This thread needs FAR more attention....we get given many ineffective pharamaceutical drugs and now the age-old method of using herbs is banned!

edit on 29-4-2011 by Wulfric because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
this is a crime against humanity, and those pushing it should be rounded up by a lynch mob and summarily executed for their actions...to deny human beings of their natural born rights is one of the greatest crimes imaginable, and hell couldnt possibly be hot enough to provide an acceptable punishment for these monsters...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by inthemistandfog

Maybe the NWO mind controll is in the background. Many-many herbs has not only physical but psychical/spiritual healing powers,too. Some of them can be used even against curse. Without herbs people will lose another defense against manipulation! Buy book on herbs, and pick them for yourself! The fresher, the stronger! Better than pharmacies' stuff.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
This all will continue to happen until the People realize that they are the ones in control.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Another EU test to see if TPTB can bring it to a state near you.

Seriously though how is the government going to stop you from going outside and picking wild plantain? People should just educate themselves on finding herbs in "the wild" and no one can stop them from self medicating.
edit on 30-4-2011 by ancientmustytext because: grammar

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Don't think so?

Australia proposes ban on 1000s of plants including national flower (Think this has been posted.)
foodfreedom.wordpress.com...

Its all over, including The United States.

BTW '___'s in low dosage is a herb not a drug.

edit on 30-4-2011 by Tygart because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
While it is an overkill and will without doubt raise costs to general public, and while i am 100% sure that big pharma lobby was pushing for this law - main portion of guilt goes to those companies who produced herbal remedies for decades but who could not unite and start taking responsibility for their products.
Does echinacea work,for example? There are same amount of researches that claim it does as there are those that say it does not work. No herbal remedy manufacturer did ANY real research on it. Safety/interactions - also nothing. Responsibility - no responsibility.
So what they expected? Once big pharma felt they started to loose money to herbal competitors , they used this weakness. And now they will push those firms out of EU market.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
It started with the beginning of 2011 already. Here in Austria, countless herbal meds are not available anymore. Medications that we used for years have been gone suddenly now. When i asked why they said because of the EU.

Another thing the EU is forcing on us. I'm so sick of it. And the people just don't stand up. They might say that is sucks, if even that and then ignore it. Most people don't even care.

Recently they seem to go faster with everything. More and more stupid new laws popping up. Every single thing is getting regulated, new laws and prohibitions for everything.

new topics

top topics

join