It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Can Stick Your "Royal" Wedding Where the Sun Don't Shine.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski
reply to post by awakenedsoul1111

Well patritoism is about making scarfices for your country, and I don't see any royals doing that - just taking from it.

in this statement you choose to ignore the fact that prince harry and william are both soldiers if that's not making a sacrifice's then what is?? oh I forgot that in your logic they only joined to endanger the life of the average soldier

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by awakenedsoul1111
reply to post by Argyll

you don't get it do you,it's about them thinking they are above the rest of us.THEY are not above us!

Of course I "get it"

They are the Royal Family!......how you perceive them is up to you, I'm proud of my country and our Royal family......you are not.....what "don't I get"?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

make sense at least when you ask something. elaborate on al your questions not just this one.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

why do you guys go on about making sacrifices for you country? the world doesn't revolve around you you know,just because you made some sacrifices doesn't make you any more better than anyone else does it.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayUKInfidel

Originally posted by budski
reply to post by awakenedsoul1111

Well patritoism is about making scarfices for your country, and I don't see any royals doing that - just taking from it.

in this statement you choose to ignore the fact that prince harry and william are both soldiers if that's not making a sacrifice's then what is?? oh I forgot that in your logic they only joined to endanger the life of the average soldier

so nicking a helicopter to land on your girlfriends lawn is making a sacrifice is it?

Them being in the services is a pure PR stunt, so they can wear a few medals and look good standing on a balcony gracing us mere mortals with a wave or 2.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

your proud of your royal family for taking your power away from you while they get to keep theirs? well if you like the unfairness in that then go for it.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
i as hell am not going to give my power away to any person but my self.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Arsenis

Or you could actually read the thread

If bud is going to call the royals on it them he should expect to be called on it.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by awakenedsoul1111
reply to post by Argyll

your proud of your royal family for taking your power away from you while they get to keep theirs? well if you like the unfairness in that then go for it.

How did the Royal family take away my power?......which particular power did they take?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

I agree,they are token soldiers,not real ones.
They will be coddled and protected....it is PR.
I highly doubt,regardless of what they might say,that they have the intestinal fortitude to lead on the frontlines,after being pampered their whole lives.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Why don't you try actually researching just how much people like Princess Ann and Prince Charles do for charity. Many lives have been turned around by the Prince's Trust. My nephews was one of them. It's very easy to throw mud and join the herd that are ranting about the Royal Family with no real insight or understanding of the work they do behind the scenes and without publicity.

Times have changed. The civil list has been abolished and the crown estate is now paying for itself. The actual wedding was paid for by the families. Granted, security has been paid by the tax payer but the same kind of security occurred when the pope visited and when Obama visits next month.

I think the mass turnout today shows what support the Royal Family still has in the UK. Just because we have enjoyed the day and enjoyed a moment away from the doom and gloom, doesn't make us unaware of their shortcomings, I am well aware of them. However, as stated, I have also made myself aware of many lives they have genuinely touched and changed for the better.

The riots and destruction caused by anti royalists and protestors in London a few months back probably cost far more to fix. Just food for thought.
edit on 29-4-2011 by UndisclosedDesire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas
reply to post by Arsenis

Or you could actually read the thread

If bud is going to call the royals on it them he should expect to be called on it.

And why should I get called on it?

this thread isn't about me, and what I may or may not have done in my life.

This thread is about a huge waste of money and resources, from a family who do little but take from this country.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Going out on the front line where you are in very real danger of being shot or worse is making a sacrifice stop being selective with the information you are using to make your argument. PR or no PR he still when't and served for this country have you???

link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by budski

The Monarchy is the symbol of your country. Whether you like that or not is irrelevant. And this wedding is showing your country in a spectacular way..

Who are we as a people if we don't have institutions our nations can be proud of, or at least recognize as being "you". They live rich pampered lives.

So do politicians.

And when you look at the good the Monarchy does for your country, for your image around the World, for charity and so on .. and compare it to what ... what? .. What Tony Blair has done for you? David Cameron? Please...

Britain is one of the most hated countries in the world, because of the Monarchy. Just wtf are you talking about?

link   
LOL

The OP doesn't even know what his own point is any more... OTHER THAN HATE! i hate i hate blah blah blah waffle waffle

You may aswel say who else hates the Royals & British, don't cover you're opinion in BS my friend, get you're hate out of the system, don't get me wrong i don't like the rich snobby people and i'm not keen on the royals either but, the only reason i hate them is because well... they have alot more than me, and they are richer & happier, but still its apart of our history, it is apart of our pride, and apart of being British, with out them i would lose alot of that, i would become confuse just who we was and where we come from, and i don't want to lose that we have a very long history with the royals being center pin for all this, i don't want to kick them out because i'm a jealous fool, its a major part of our culture

It makes me happy to see all thos people celebrating today & waving the flag, everybody is more united, everybody is happy, and to me the cost of it goes out the window when you see that.. you can't really put a price tag on that, besides over the years the British public have given BILLIONS TO THE WORLD IN AID, can we not have our own bit of fun for a change, after all everybody loves a good wedding don't they?

Its about Britishness & pride something you wouldn't understand if you are not British or if you are British and still find and excuse to hate then i say Native, still can't find it? then go ask the doctor for some anti depressants. x

link   
reply to post by Argyll

the power of you as a sovereign being ,they think they are the only special ones who get to be sovereign, while the rest of humanity as the worker ants.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by budski

I agree,they are token soldiers,not real ones.
They will be coddled and protected....it is PR.
I highly doubt,regardless of what they might say,that they have the intestinal fortitude to lead on the frontlines,after being pampered their whole lives.

Prince William is a search and rescue helicopter pilot.......how are they going to "coddle and protect" him?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

pride is based on EGO

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by UndisclosedDesire

Being a patron of a charity, i.e. lending your name to it does not mean doing charitable works, as I'm sure you are well aware.

When they start giving some of their own money away, I might be a bit more impressed, in the meantime, charles has been rumbled again with his alleged "organic" duchy products which turn out to be not organic at all.
Yet another example of them exploiting their names and getting even MORE wealth off the back of what we have given them.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by metodex
As i like to say "Meanwhile in Africa...."

Really,people getting killed by their own government,refusing to step down and the main event is....Royal Wedding.
Qatar,Syria,Iraq,Afghanistan,Libya,Bahrein and some others are in extreme turnmoil, a revolution of sorts,disposing of old monarchic and eternal leaders and all thats being talked about is ROYAL WEDDING.

I can't imagine the stupidity when the Queen dies,wich could happen anytime since she is pretty old.

The irony is if you try to focus on whats actually happening in the world, you're just a negative person, or an angry person.

I say f whoever isn't angry or negative about the whole situation. It makes me sick to my stomach and if it doesn't effect other people in this way I think there must be something mentally wrong with them.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join