It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

El Dorado County Sheriff lays down the law to Board of Supervisors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

El Dorado County Sheriff lays down the law to Board of Supervisors

www.youtube.com

Honorable Board of Supervisors

Ladies and Gentlemen

I'm here before you today for two reasons;

First, because you, the Board requested information regarding the staffing of my office and further information on my budget.
Undersheriff, Richard Williams and El Dorado County Sheriff Office Fiscal Administrative Manager, Don Ashton will be presenting those shortly.

Second, to tell you that I was appalled at the treatment and disrespect you showed me, my office and my staff after my presentation to you on April 5th•

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.mtdemocrat.com

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
This is my first post on ATS, so please feel free to move this thread if it is not in the correct place. I found this video refreshing, and as a former police officer and deputy sheriff, I was encouraged to see a Sheriff not pander to a Board of Supervisors. Here in Northern CA it's very often a good ol' boys club and Sheriff D'Agostini appears to be bucking the trend. Good for him.

There are still SOME elected officials who GET IT.

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ccdep

Star and Flag for you, great first post!

I embedded the video for you here :

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ccdep

Seeing the Sheriff humbly take on the Board of Supervisors like that has got me inspired. I guess the one who called him "Go*amned Arrogant" looks like the arrogant one!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Good for him. He totally owned them.

I wish they had panned to show the guy who interrupted with his whining. It would be interesting to see what a weenie looked like.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Thanks to both of you for the SNF! The Sheriff fought a long hard battle to win the election and has so far done everything he promised the voters he would do. I have personally known him for sometime and I'm hopeful that he will continue to send a message in our county that the people's vocie still means something in our country.

The Board of Supervisors knows what he stands for and several of them are rightfully scared for their own political futures.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Sheriff D'Agostini has put himself in an very unenviable position. He and his office will be under extreme scrutiny by not just the Board but by state officials. Any mistake or misstep will doom his career. He has taken the high road and embarrassed the power structure in front of an audience. They will be out for his scalp. Local politics is mean and unforgiving. I think eventually he will live to regret this public action when he could have settled his problems on the golf course with the power brokers in the council.

To bad, he seemed like a LEO that wanted to live up to the oath of "serve and protect"
My advise would be for the Sheriff to "lawyer up" because he is going to need one eventually.

edit on 28-4-2011 by whaaa because: viva

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I completely understand your point of view, and at the end of the day you may very well be correct, but I still believe that we have a fighting chance in this country if more of us speak out and do what is right. I stand by the Sheriff and his actions, even if this comes back to bite him in the butt.

Sometimes ideals are worth far more than the reality of politics. Not many people have the guts to stand up to the powers that be. Those that do typically don't want to run for political office of any kind, which is part of the problem. I applaud someone who is willing to do just that, and stand up firmly for his convictions.

It may be political suicide, but it is the right thing to do in my humble opinion.
edit on 28-4-2011 by ccdep because: Left out a word....

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ccdep

Welcome to ATS and thanks for bringing us this information.

Boards of Supervisors all over our country are stepping out of line, glad to see this Sheriff stand up to them.

Those being elected or appointed to any office these days think they have powers that doesn't exist.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
S/F for your post.

It sounded like the Sheriff told them....in the words of The Rock from WWF wrestling fame: "Shut your mouths and know your roles!"

Two thumbs up for this man!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
Boards of Supervisors all over our country are stepping out of line, glad to see this Sheriff stand up to them.

Those being elected or appointed to any office these days think they have powers that doesn't exist.

Now, if we can just get the people to stand up and be heard so the Sheriff doesnt have to go it alone.

To the OP, nice find - S and F

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

This country needs thousands of leader's like this man. The story must spread so that this treasonus Prop 21 is exposed for what it truly is.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
reply to post by burntheships

He has taken the high road and embarrassed the power structure in front of an audience. They will be out for his scalp. Local politics is mean and unforgiving. I think eventually he will live to regret this public action when he could have settled his problems on the golf course with the power brokers in the council.

Perhaps he knows that settling things on the golf course would involve the low road, which is
usually the case. This board of supervisors could be full on corruption...

To bad, he seemed like a LEO that wanted to live up to the oath of "serve and protect"
My advise would be for the Sheriff to "lawyer up" because he is going to need one eventually.

Its not quite over yet...you write that as if his career is already done...its not as if he is a newbie,
and surely someone has his back already. He was pretty bold, I doubt he is a lone gunman.

Whats really "too bad" is there are so many who will take the low road.

edit on 28-4-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
In the language of the leet video gaming fragmasters of our day

pwnt

There was a mayor of a parish in Louisiana who did an amazing thing back in the 90's.
He put all the contracts out for open bid. The result was instead of police cars
getting $180.00 oil changes at bubba's they went to Jiffy Lube.

He left his parish with a surplus and then went on to run for Governor.
The political machine and goold ole boy network went nuts
and destroyed him before he could get going.

Apparently it is an open secret that there
is a lot of sleight of hand going on with
the awarding of state and local
contracts. Watching the
video above I am
reminded of
that.

David Grouchy
edit on 28-4-2011 by davidgrouchy because: spelling

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
A person that knows who he serves and is not afraid to take a stand against those that would try to abuse his office...I commend you. You are the of the sort we need in each office.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
While it was a good speech, I hated how he kept referring to his job as a business. I mean it is a business I think thats why I hate cops. lol

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Double post, dont call the cops.
edit on 28-4-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

join