It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Choose This

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
It's important to take responsibility for your life. That means taking responsibility for your actions, your thoughts, and the words that come out of your mouth. That's the first step if you want to get anywhere in this life. If you want to ditch the sorry life you're living now and grow, as a person, you need man up and realize that you are where you are, not because of someone else, but solely because of you. You need to see that you choose, this life situation you are in, every little detail, your friends, your apartment, your socks, your sorry life.

All too often I see people blaming either (a) someone else or (b) something else. How about this example. You are late to work because you get a flat tire. You will tell your boss "I'm sorry I'm late, I got a flat tire." See, you just did it. You just put the blame on your car, on your flat tire. You are making excuses. You are lying to yourself. You aren't taking responsibility. Don't even put in the, "I got a flat tire." You're f****** late. "I'm late." End your sentence right there. The tire part is extra. See what I mean?

Even if you did get a flat tire, it's your fault. You should have checked your air. Maybe your tires were bad. Maybe you should have had them replaced. Maybe your tires were brand f***** new and guess what, it's still your fault, only you are to blame.

I'll use another example. Let's say you take that car, the one that had a flat tire, you take it in somewhere to get serviced. You tell them not only to fix the flat tire, but maybe rotate the tires, balance them, and maybe change the oil. You pay for their services, take your car home and realize they f**** you. They fixed the flat, but didn't balance, rotate, or even change your oil, but charged you for it. Now, you can either put the blame on them or you can see the truth, realize it's your fault.

How's it your fault? Look, you bought that car. You picked that job. You drove your car to your job that morning. You ran over the nail that popped your tire. You took your car to them. See what I'm getting at?

What am I exactly getting at? My point is, EVERYTHING that happens to you, every little minor or major thing that happens, even a pre-existing condition you were born with, you choose. You choose this, you choose this moment, whatever this moment entails, you continually choose it.

Listen, notice how I didn't say "you chose it". I'm not using past tense here. I'm talking about right now. This very moment. Every little thing that happens, however minor or major, it's your fault, only you are to blame. You choose everything. You choose each situation. You choose each moment.

Let's say you were born with a pre-existing condition. Like Nick Vujicic, the guy born with no arms and no legs, this guy was born with no limbs, none, zip, nada. He chooses that. He could put the blame on his parents, on whatever god he believes in, he could blame the universe or, quite simply, he could blame himself, see that it's his fault, ( and I don't mean blame yourself in a condemning way) and take full responsibility for his condition.

How does he choose that? How does he choose to have no limbs? It's simple and this applies to everyone. You choose to get your a** out of bed every morning and by doing that simple little action, you choose everything that happens to you, every pre-existing condition you might have or one you might acquire down the road.

Because you choose to get out of bed in the morning and choose to partake in eating and drinking, you choose life. Whether it's raining, snowing, or sunshine out, you choose it. Whether you just got fired from your job or your wife had an affair, you choose it. No matter how bad or good life seems right now, maybe you are about to be convicted from your apartment or maybe you just won the lottery, maybe you just placed last at your last bodybuilding competition or maybe you won the whole d*** thing, I repeat, you choose it, you choose this.

One last thing, I'm going to take this one step further: You need not only take responsibility for your actions, your thoughts, and what you say BUT EVERYTHING YOU DON'T DO, DON'T THINK, AND DON'T SAY.

A bit of a paradox?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by doped00

You need to see that you choose, this life situation you are in, every little detail, your friends, your apartment, your socks, your sorry life.
I don't know...that's a bit of a generalization...there is such a thing as "luck of the draw" you know...people can't help being born into a 3rd world country can they? What you should actually be saying..is GTF over it and put your energy into making your life better. Because without taking any action your life wont get any better, therefore it is kind of your fault.

edit on 28-4-2011 by CanYouHandleTheTruth because: spelling

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Let me try this.
There is hostility in your words. You are angry. (i.e. the many censored curse words)
You choose to type out a long OP telling everyone else what is wrong with them.
You choose to let this bother you.
You choose to dwell on the problems of others.
Maybe you should choose to look at your own, and you may not be so angry.

I agree with 1 part- paradox.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by doped00

The poster does not strike me as angry or hostile, rather emphatic and frank.

Breathtaking, sir.

S&F.
edit on 28-4-2011 by mistermonculous because: Stuff.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Jeebus i hope i never work for or with you!

still hoping on the second line!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
It's not generalisation...it's about knowing thyself and not
putting blame of whats happening to you on people and events wich you have no control of.

the only thing you have true control is your emotions,your body,
the value you put to yourself without the need of anybody's opinion.

I thought i was the only one here thinking this way.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The fact human beings in general dont take responsability for most issues in life that occur is a fact.But not everything in life that happens to us is our fault...its not really a matter of personal blame,its really an issue of random life chaos,for example a kid playing in a ghetto street gets clipped by a drive by bullet....wasnt the kids fault for playing outside,thats what children do.another example,a man gets told he has a rare form of cancer that is cause by a genetic weakness wasnt the guys fault for having bad genetics,these events and many like them are simply just random life chaos,so really we as individuals can place any ammount of expectation on dues and claims of a so called responability.....the only one,true responsibily any of us as individuals have is to exist the best way we can.People really need to get a grip in this world and admit to themselves they take life way to seriously,just live ,exist,be happy,do the best you can

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
"If your leaders say to you, 'Look, the (Father's) kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you. Rather, the (Father's) kingdom is within you and it is outside you. When you know yourselves, then you will be known, and you will understand that you are children of the living Father. But if you do not know yourselves, then you live in poverty, and you are the poverty."

Knowing what is the truth and what is a lie is the difference between right and wrong. Indeed, we are born with free will to choose a path, and choosing the wrong path, or being "lead" to walk the wrong path, causes us to be in spiritual poverty (bondage; ignorance), but I reiterate: knowing is the difference. OP, you seem to walk into this with the premise that every conceivable choice is the wrong choice. Perhaps you don't know the difference?
edit on 28/4/11 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
hhmmmm interesting...

so I guess you would argue that if a person get's stabbed in the back walking down the road it's their fault for walking down the road...

or that it's my fault for taking the time to read an extremely simplistic generalization from someone who I was hoping would actually have something enlightening to say...

yep you're right I'm a moron...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CanYouHandleTheTruth

Yes. You are right. And that is what I'm saying, but I should also clarify. My post is directed towards those who have the world at their finger tips, but fail to see it. They have unlimited potential, but whine and complain at this and that.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Actually, I'm not the least bit angry and what other people do don't bother me and I'm not dwelling on their problems.

People on here continually are searching for the truth. Whatever it may be. But people don't want to hear the truth because it isn't beautiful. The truth isn't some scene in a movie filled with love music, dancing, expensive wine, doves flying in the background with a banner of peace, and a half naked lady playing the harp in the background. Truth is harsh and indifferent, think tough love, without the love.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Eyezontheprize78

Random life chaos is a great way to describe it. When I say, "it's all your fault and only you are to blame", I don't mean to condemn and blame yourself in a negative manner. Like the guy being told he has cancer due to a genetic thing. He can either p*ss and moan and blame god and blame life or he can grow a pair, man up to it, accept it and move on. Maybe that explains what I am trying to say better.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by wearewatchingyouman
hhmmmm interesting...

so I guess you would argue that if a person get's stabbed in the back walking down the road it's their fault for walking down the road...

or that it's my fault for taking the time to read an extremely simplistic generalization from someone who I was hoping would actually have something enlightening to say...

yep you're right I'm a moron...

I think you're missing what I'm saying and maybe I did over generalize.

It's like this: No one forces you to do anything. No one makes you get out of bed in the morning. No one makes you eat and drink. You have a choice. You could just lay in bed, wallow in your self misery, and sit there until you die.

But, you and I are sitting here posting on ATS. Every second, I choose life. Because I choose life, I accept full responsibility for anything and everything that may or may not happen to me. The end.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by doped00

That's quite a heavy weight to carry.
Life happens and there is nothing you can do about it.
There is no need to blame anyone, it is no ones fault.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
Let me try this.
There is hostility in your words. You are angry. (i.e. the many censored curse words)
You choose to type out a long OP telling everyone else what is wrong with them.
You choose to let this bother you.
You choose to dwell on the problems of others.
Maybe you should choose to look at your own, and you may not be so angry.

I agree with 1 part- paradox.

Now that's amuzing!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
We chose our entire lifes playlist before we ever came here. We forgot who,what,why we are once we took our first breaths. Soul pacts with others to play the game,learn the lessons and go on to the next level. If its true, brings new meaning to accountability. This knowledge as it re-emerges leaves us not searching for saviors or supermen but instead seeing our own purpose. Beings granted Free Will from spirit to flesh.It is those who impose on that will that teach us things like patience and strength.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by doped00

While I agree with the general premise of your post, I am not sure if your example clarifies your viewpoint:

All too often I see people blaming either (a) someone else or (b) something else. How about this example. You are late to work because you get a flat tire. You will tell your boss "I'm sorry I'm late, I got a flat tire." See, you just did it. You just put the blame on your car, on your flat tire. You are making excuses. You are lying to yourself. You aren't taking responsibility. Don't even put in the, "I got a flat tire." You're f****** late. "I'm late." End your sentence right there. The tire part is extra. See what I mean

In this situation, stating that I have a flat tyre is not in itself placing the blame elsewhere, it is simply offering an explanation why I am arriving at work 20 minutes later than planned. It is a statement of intention, which says that even though I intended to be on time for work, the unforeseen event of a flat tyre interfered with my plan to be on time. It is not so much that the blame has shifted to an external event, it is rather that it is presented as a fact of unintended circumstance.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I think what the OP is saying is true in that we choose everything that has happened to us and everything that will happen in the future. But I can't understand how, for example, how a child with leukemia or someother illness can be blamed. Go to a hospital mate and tell some kid who is terminally ill, " hey it's your FAULT. YOU chose this".

But yeah lots of people who can better there situations find some way to excuse and justify to them selves why they are so useless
edit on 28-4-2011 by leflamablanca because: Extra word

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
hhhmm...quite the paradox indeed.

I definately believe that we "choose" to either participate in our given existence or, we choose to just give up on trying to live that existence. There is always a choice to be made if a decision is required.

If you do not require a decision then, making a choice is not necessary.

Life is a paradox.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by of the Ether

I'd like to believe this, but it makes absolutely no sense that anyone would choose to be born into a third-world country, or to be born with deadly or deforming birth defects, or into a family with horribly abusive parents....all in the name of this morbid reincarnation cycle.

Don't get me wrong, I believe we can affect many things with our perception, but I find it honestly ridiculous to think that the terrible things that happen to many people can be explained simply by attributing it to some lame excuse of spiritual growth.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join