It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Reasonable To Ignore the Design of This ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Preposterous!

Gravity doesn't exist!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Unless you can show that there is no way for the universe to develop without an intelligent supernatural entity, it is not only reasonable but required due to a lack of evidence. Now, could you show that the only way the universe could develop was with the aid of an intelligent "designer" and I refused to accept any objective evidence in support of said supernatural hero, then that would be unreasonable and ignorant on my part.

I would think, from your stated beliefs, this notion would be self-evident to you, as believers in the supernatural are woefully ignorant of any evidence that they perceive as refuting a designer.

Maybe instead of guessing at the "who's", people should be studing the "how's" . . . then they can be awe-struck by the beauty of it all and not dumb-struck by their insignificance.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

That's all you need. Not a single designer required.

Not an internal designer anyway, the possibility that an external architect could be required is open to debate, but mostly only for hot airs sake, in real terms, it is irrelevant, it's only role, if indeed you assume that a sapient or sentient action was even required, which I very much doubt, is up to, and not exceeding, the moment of creation.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

So, again, things are so pretty, therefore Judeo-Christian God (or some other supernatural thing with a mind and purpose).

This is the most "convincing" argument for some sort of ID?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Could you please explain
What is gravity?
I recognize its effects.
But what causes it?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom

Matter can be so dense that it causes the curvature of space time. Imagine sticking a baseball in the middle of a piece of paper suspended parallel over the ground, the paper progressively inclines from the center to the edges, due to the density of the baseball. Its possible the baseball could actually rip the paper (black hole). The Earth is like a marble going down a funnel, and the center of the funnel is the sun.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

...what uva3021 said. We aren't 100% sure of all the specifics of gravity, but we know enough for uva3021's account to be a reasonable explanation.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

So current understanding of how gravity works, could be compared to the universes design.

We see its effects, but can't exactly explain its mechanisms.

It seems either side of this argument, the one thing that is the common denominator is Faith.
Albiet different forms of faith, but belief in proofs to understand that which we cannot easily explain.
I used to be happy with the explanation of Gravity being the force of attraction between masses....but thats really not entirely correct, or complete.

Nor is just saying God did it...I want to understand the tools He used and the laws He created that results in the effects I see...but what I do see is beutiful, and mysterious, and I am so thankful we have a desire to understand it better.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

...no, there is no faith here. We have a question mark or a working idea in science, yet religious ideas have nothing but faith. Science has reasonable assumptions based on evidence, that is not faith in the slightest.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
People want to believe that the universe has a designer, but no one can even demonstrate that it had a beginning.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join