It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO test site in the UK!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I came across this and thought it was worth posting...
This site was used for testing a range of things to do with electromagnetic pulses .e.t.c. and was a site you needed a top secret clearance for and was hidden in a wood in wales uk.
The pefect place for UFO's test site dont you think...

The Electromagnetic compatibility testing involved recreating the electromagnetic pulse which is generated during a nuclear bomb detonation and the problem this causes to electric circuits which tend to get fried. Various tests were done on various types of equipment from satellites to army and airforce equipment, on one occasion a low loader got stuck carrying a Harrier Jump Jet to the site (minus its wings) as the roads were not suitable for heavy traffic. It was after this incident that further equipment was flown in by helicopter and which sparked off complaints by locals of low flying helicopters above the forest.

It was probably some time in October or November of 1989 when scientists from Los Alamos in New Mexico were brought to the site, the reason I know this was because the location was stamped on the boxes of equipment that accompanied them.

TEST SITE LINK

what do you guys think to this testing facility

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I thought it was quite comical really as they had come in the back door so to speak and yet they were driving around a small Welsh market town wearing baseball caps in dark vans with blacked out windows, really blending in well with the local population.

It was in conjunction with these scientists arrival on site that I believe testing took place over a period of about a week on what was described as an NTSV, this acronym I later found out stood for Non Terrestrial Space Vehicle.

edit on 26-4-2011 by majestic3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I'll have a look, cheers

S&F

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I've heard more stories of UFO's off the Scottish (East) Coast than from Wales personally, but this is interesting, I'll check it out - thanks for sharing!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by markymint

don't suppose anyone has the cords on Google earth for location ,be interesting to see if it's been blanked out in someway

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Very interesting stuff, S+F.

I love reading up on events like this that have taken place in the UK. With it being such a small country you just do not expect operations like this to be kept a secret. You'd think someone would catch them in the act! As for the guys cruising through a small Welsh town in trucks with tinted windows while wearing baseball caps, nothing like hiding in plain sight guys.

The newspaper article on the F-117 at Farnborough is interesting, I don’t believe for a second the Americans could flick a switch and have it disappear from radar. That made me LOL.

I also would like to see a Google Map of the area, though with this mainly taking place during the 80's & 90's I'd be fairly confident that the site has been completely stripped out.

Can anyone get hold of an address near the test site? Town name?..
edit on 27/4/11 by TrixXxtaR because: Spelling Correction.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
looks like a radar enclosure to me, high power ones have plastic domes and if the radar rotates then it would need a circular enclosure and it looks like form the pic that theres a round center part that looks like somthing gets installed on top.

pure guesses, google map location would be nice

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Hmm judging from that blog the guy writing it is local to me.

Anyway, when Oh gets in I'll see what he makes of it.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Google map link

is this it?

not alot there at the time of the photo.
edit on 27-4-2011 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I think you're heading in the right direction...

It certainly resembles that of the shown test site, though it would have changed over the past 10+ years.

If you attempt to use the Google street view it randomly ends at a crossroad just before that test site. Usually you can still follow the path the Google camera van has taken, however this time you can’t. It stops dead, either it traced back on itself or they were forced to not show this area as a street view.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/568a31bd403b.jpg[/atsimg]

This is the closest street view you can get, it's at least 1/4 mile away from the "test site".

Below is a street view picture of what appears to be a logging site.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/facc85161049.jpg[/atsimg]

I assume it is either "No Unauthorised Access" or some kind of warning for logging operations in the area.
edit on 27/4/11 by TrixXxtaR because: Changed Post Contents.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
i dont know of anything on the site but i know that the signs visable are the forestry commision signs telling people that tree falling operations are going on in that area...i know because they are the same ones behind my house in the forestry here in south wales.
oh and another dodgy place here in wales if anyones interested in forest of dean!
alot of hush hush stuff goes on up in them there woods ;-)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Them Welshies see some odd things.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
This is an old research facility, here are some old photos i got from years ago.

At least 28 plug sockets, whatever they were doing here it was power hungry....

edit on 27-4-2011 by Itop1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Those are some good pictures Itop1!

Where exactly were these taken?

Clearly they did not bother with a clean up operation, more a grab what you can carry operation.

edit on 27/4/11 by TrixXxtaR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Apologies, double post.

Moderator - please delete this post.
edit on 27/4/11 by TrixXxtaR because: Double Post

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
they were taken in the ground of the facility, its not a very big area, what you see is what there is, not very big at all, but yes, a lot of stuff was still left on site including some sort of antenna, a lot of pipes and a lot of electrical cables and sockets.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by welshbeliever
i dont know of anything on the site but i know that the signs visable are the forestry commision signs telling people that tree falling operations are going on in that area...i know because they are the same ones behind my house in the forestry here in south wales.
oh and another dodgy place here in wales if anyones interested in forest of dean!
alot of hush hush stuff goes on up in them there woods ;-)

Could you give us some links, pictures or any other information.

p.s. not wanting this to go off topic but Wales isnt far from me and would love to go investaging areas like this.

Gareth

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
cracking pics Itop1 well done on getting some photos before it dissapears.
u should post these on the urban explorers sites ;-)

heres a link to the forest of dean for you gareth ;-)
www.secret-bases.co.uk...
also lots of places here...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by welshbeliever
cracking pics Itop1 well done on getting some photos before it dissapears.
u should post these on the urban explorers sites ;-)

heres a link to the forest of dean for you gareth ;-)
www.secret-bases.co.uk...
also lots of places here...

Thank you,

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by markymint

Wales is definitely a hotspot. I've seen UFOs there myself and have a friend who lives their and has seen plenty. There are loads of local reports all the time.

I think there is definitely something going on there, whether our technology or someone elses, this is a good find OP.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join