It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Asking..Is MSNBC An American Version Of State Run Media?????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
The reason i ask is that its painfully obvious that MSNBC is highly in favor of the Obama Adm. and agree with everything the Press Secretary regurgitates.As on the other hand Fox News is very Anti-Obama and will try to dismantle any thing the Press Secretary puts out.

The reason i ask this is because when you hear reports from foreign countries it is all ways has "reported from state run media"ok and further more is state run media what i think it is(government controlled),so can we trust anything from a"state run media"???

Just wanted to see what everyone thinks about this,,,,,,

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by alchemist2012

Let me give you the best answer:

MSNBC, CNN, and to a leaning degree ABC, CBS, and most newspapers are promoters of the NEO-COM (neo-communists) while FOX, Wall Street Journal, etc. are in the NEO-CON camp.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
ALL Media you see on a T.V here in the USA. is Paid Government controlled, (controlled even with a switch) Media..You'll get nothing from them but lie after lie....To answer your question in a single word " YES"....

Also, you'll get more truth from a pathological liar than the media here. At least a pathological liar will slip up once in awhile and tell a truth....
edit on 26-4-2011 by Caji316 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
the reason why is i never see a negative add about the current admin on MSNBC

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
You guys know all these "news networks" are jokes, right? Of course it's all propaganda. Goodness, you don't watch the news to find things out, do you?

The only thing you can learn from any news channel is what powerful people want you to think is true. That can be highly useful information, but it should never be confused with what is actually true.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Yeah I think Dylan Ratigan will sometimes in a round about way go after president Obama. But your point is valid.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
MSNBC leans heavily left. If you think they are state run you didn't get a chance to see them during the Bush admin.

Basically, if it is from the left political wing MSNBC is for it most times unless it is not far enough left for them. So, they are in favor of the current admin.

Fox leans heavily right - the are the direct opposite of MSNBC.

All the rest lean left to varying degrees. I honestly don't know of one un-biased news source in the US.

Regarding a comment made above - yes all (regardless of leaning) will say what they are told when the rubber meets the road.

The current cry from the left wing is "Fox Lies!!". But really - every news org lies. Fox just tells lies the left doesn't like. MSNBC tells lies the left likes. The reverse could also be said regarding the right.

There is ratings and money to be made from turning against each other. Also, if we are busy arguing with each other it makes it easier to slip things by us.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
All big media are scum ...

DAVID ROCKEFELLER THANKS MEDIA FOR ITS SILENCE

“… it would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subjected to the lights of publicity during those years. But, the world is now more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world government …” - David Rockefeller in Baden-Baden, Germany 1991, thanking major media for keeping secret for decades the movement of the prophetic one world government.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Hogwash! Fox news's slogan is Fair and Balanced, that means that must be exactly that

Basically, if you have a Republican administration, they will get bashed by CNN and MSNBC and if you have a Democratic administration they will get bashed by Fox, however, both sides are full of hot air and neither will EVER tell you the real story about anything.

It's like North Korea light over here atm, enjoy!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

North Korea light
Does it taste great or less filling

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by American-philosopher

Yeah in a very sly way

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by alchemist2012

What ISN'T state run media these days?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
CNN is horrible and today the claimed to "prove" Obama was born in Hawaii. They have been a mouthpiece for US propganda over the Libyan mess. Their "legal analyst" Jeff Toobin, is hardcore left wing and is a member of some far-left organizations. I switched to DISH Network a few months back and don't get MSNBC anymore, but I don't miss it.
edit on 26-4-2011 by freedom12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Rush Limbaugh is his own person, and I like Hannity but besides that... it's all crap

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by alchemist2012
The reason i ask is that its painfully obvious that MSNBC is highly in favor of the Obama Adm. and agree with everything the Press Secretary regurgitates.As on the other hand Fox News is very Anti-Obama and will try to dismantle any thing the Press Secretary puts out.

MSNBC, CNN, Fox News, all of them are state run media. The way I have described them is that MSNBC caters to the Democrats. Fox caters to Republicans. CNN targets Independents.

As you have noticed yourself, MSNBC is very much in favor of the current Administration while Fox is not. During the Bush years, MSNBC was speaking out against Bush non stop. While Fox News was clearly in favor of the Bush Administration.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I do not believe that there is any state run media per say..
why does congress have such low approval numbers.. because the media has exposed them..
are they biased.. of course..

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
State-run media? MSNBC? My friend, I think you missed about 8 years' worth of MSNBC butchering Bush's administration. And Bush himself
It's left-leaning, but certainly not state-run, otherwise there would have been hell to pay for 8 consecutive years.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

agreed.I have seen clips of Keith Olberman ripping Bush W. a new one didnt he sign off his show with a countdown to how many days the war in Iraq was over

new topics

top topics

join