It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Natural Magnets Functioned as Human ‘Jump Drive’ Devices

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Interesting thread, It seems the memories/thoughts are stored within the magnetic stones much like information/data is stored on magnetic strips, cassettes,VHS tapes etc.
Only here the physical brain is the playback device.

I absolutely love this kinda stuff, thanks for sharing.
edit on 26-4-2011 by gatewaywithin because: Because I am a butcher of the English language

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Ev0lveUp

Evo here's a rock story for ya.

It's okay, I'm a huge rock collecting fan- and while I don't know about genders, every rock I have means something.

When we first moved here, in the country in the northwest, we hoped some day to play host to an et.
A visiting friend from down south was taking pictures of our rock collection after we had lived here for several years. I'm still young enough at 64 to snorkel every summer and collect stones. Any way she went home and two weeks later sent us a photo of one of our largest, a seven hundred pounder in a glass like jaded green.

The photo taken at just the right time of summer and just the right time of day produced the et we had been hoping for which sits in our front yard as the guardian of our home and is now my avatar here at ATS.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Unfortunately, without laboratory testing and controls - it's difficult to draw any kind of conclusions.

Then, there is always the issue of subjectivity... if you expect something to have significance, it will - even in some rather strange ways. I recall a research paper where a group of researchers were given a survey to distribute to people, and told that only about 40% would respond in a certain way. Lo-and-behold, those who responded to the survey responded as predicted with about 40% answering in a specific way (IE "yes" in a yes/no question). Another group of researchers was given the same survey and told that 60% would respond in that same way (IE "yes" in a yes/no question; same answer as the previous group). Once again - this group of people responded in the 'predicted' range of 60%.

How this worked, or why is not really addressed in the paper. The fact is that the bias was somehow able to communicate into the results.

Presuming, though, that your experiences are not some kind of observational bias; there are several things I can think of to explain them.

The first is that each magnet is somehow unique in its magnetic properties. No natural (or even man-made) magnet is completely uniform in structure. Little variances in the molecular structure influence the dynamics of the magnetic field. These then produce unique and repeatable effects on the brain. IE - the magnet would prompt a range of thoughts/emotions in all people equally - the fact that the "owner" seems to be imprinted on the magnet is a causal error, as the owner was simply the first to be imprinted upon by the magnet.

The other would be that tiny electromagnetic fields emitted by synapses are somehow able to 'record' onto the magnet, and then be communicated at a later date.

Although both seem rather unlikely as brain function is an emergent node-based behavior, and therefor the patterns that make up thought and reasoning would vary from person to person. The other is that neurosynaptic activity is very weak in terms of electromagnetic fields - the relatively low-power magnetic recording/reading devices of hard-drives and other magnetic media are orders of magnitude stronger. While the magnets necessary to induce various sensations of paranoia and even illusions are orders of magnitude larger than most magnets people will ever come into contact with.

Of course, since we are already dealing with fringe concepts, we can also consider another possibility. I've had experiences that can only be described as 'telepathic' in nature. Whether it was just a case of my imagination being able to pull relevant knowledge from the recesses of my mind and make an accurate guess, or really the work of some 'supernatural' phenomena is not something I can honestly conclude.

However - presuming such phenomena do exist, the magnet could simply be the catalyst or 'trigger' for such phenomena from a psychological perspective. For one friend and I, it was empathy that would be a 'trigger' for such phenomena. If she was sick, I could 'link' and draw her a picture of where she was, what she was wearing, etc. When we would talk about family get-togethers (hers in a country I've never been to) - I could draw her a picture of a 'memory' I seemed to pull up out of nowhere of walking down a road to her grandmother's house.

And I'd be fairly accurate.

I couldn't do it on a regular or an 'at will' basis... and not really with many other people. We have some eerily similar personality traits - and I call her my sister from another mister. Not sure if it's just because we have a lot in common, or what. We really became pretty close after her e-boyfriend broke up with her - she and I were like fire and gasoline, before - I -really- didn't like that guy. Now, when we talk, it's almost like we have the same brain.

In either case - you could be using these magnets as a form of connection or 'trigger' for these phenomena.

Or we could all just be nuttier than squirrel feces.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by gatewaywithin

Yeah, I love this kind of stuff, too.

One thing I have noticed- is pursuing scientific interests can result in looking pretty silly- it's probably the kid in me that won't grow up that looks for stuff like this to do- when I could be watching American Idol! What am I thinking?!?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

You sir, are a master. I wondered every time I looked at your avatar what exactly that was. Now I just covet! Very nice, very nice.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

Then, there is always the issue of subjectivity... if you expect something to have significance, it will - even in some rather strange ways. I recall a research paper where a group of researchers were given a survey to distribute to people, and told that only about 40% would respond in a certain way. Lo-and-behold, those who responded to the survey responded as predicted with about 40% answering in a specific way (IE "yes" in a yes/no question). Another group of researchers was given the same survey and told that 60% would respond in that same way (IE "yes" in a yes/no question; same answer as the previous group). Once again - this group of people responded in the 'predicted' range of 60%.

How this worked, or why is not really addressed in the paper. The fact is that the bias was somehow able to communicate into the results.

Considering it was a yes or no questionaire, that this BIAS showed up as a result before hand implies a lot more than having an expectation alters the result, it implies: that in less consciously aware mode, people's consciousness can be hijacked by someone's programming the matrix. It implies one can code the matrix in some way. It implies we live in a different universe altogether than the average researcher and scientist perceives.

That in itself should have raised alot of world wide questions and attempts to duplicate.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

Unfortunately, without laboratory testing and controls - it's difficult to draw any kind of conclusions

Are you kidding? My whole house is my laboratory, and I’m pretty controlling. >.>

All the possible explanations- all of which stand to be verified.

Or we could all just be nuttier than squirrel feces

Absolutely viable, but I have made the attempt to create as many magnetic stone doppelgangers as possible to test the theories presented.

A curious aspect of the sun’s predicted influence for 2012 on another thread is people acting out and the change in the earth’s magnetic field. Could this be a minute part of the reason? Is the magnet field the earth’s ‘memory bank’ so to speak, and living beings the ‘processors’?

What affect does an MRI machine like the Tesla 9.2 have in creating an electromagnetic field within the earth’s field? (if any).

Anyway, THANKS for the awesome contributions. My squirrel thanks you as well

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I have heard that magnetic fields around the brain are very dangerous.

Also , several posts here with minerals and rocks, could alter what one thinks of as the gravity wave, or shadow, and what some call the cosmic soup for those who don't advance in the schools. I don't believe in a universe like this, and would be seeking a lot of changes in the school.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Subjective versus objective. Though in reality, its all subjective, but then they don't know that.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by grizzle2

The process by which lodestone is created has long been an open question in geology

en.wikipedia.org...

Wow, your post just opened up all kinds of interesting research. Lodestones being magnetized magnetite- with a crystalline structure, believed to be charged by lightening.

Humans have magnetite deposits in the brain (courtesy of our microbial friends), and crystal allowed photon transfer of information where glass blocked transmission- and add to that lightening as the charge?

That's pretty interesting conceptually right there. I could disappear for weeks just chasing that down! Wonder where you find it? I wouldn't want to just order if off the internet- might by the non-crystalline type.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

The truth is, we are all surrounded my electromagnetic waves. If you have electricity and a computer, or a cell phone, or a television set, etc.

I don't know that I'm more fearful of a natural magnetic stone created by the earth- than I would be of cell phone technology developed for profit.

Consider- you are a transmitter/receiver by design. The only thing we're discussing on this thread is what signal you're receiving... I guess I might wanna hear what lightening might have to say over- what someone's picking up at the local walmart.

But your caution is duly noted- and I'm not pushing. It would be interesting though, if you discovered that people who had 'life changing dreams'- like wrestling with angels and such- actually fell asleep on top of a lodestone deposit!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join