It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanna meet someone different??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Yo all, I joined back in April, but I just really stated checkin into this site last week. I�m a depressed16 yr-old student who is big in debates at my school. I specialize in 9/11, immigration, both illegal and legal, and in defense for both, and the space program. I have major problems, just ask my friends, they all think I belong in a mental institution. I love heavy metal, my favorite band is Metallica. Summer is getting boring, and I�m not looking forward to school, cause we are getting uniforms. The schools board said that we had a attitude problem, and uniforms were the only way to fix it. That�s a overview of me. So reply, make my life more interesting, so I can think of better things then ugly uniforms and Metallica.

[edit on 29-7-2004 by katt06]

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Hey katt06

well..you been here longer than me but have fun alrite

you take it easy ok

see you around the boards and happy posting

rynaldo

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Welcome to the site, hope you enjoy it.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I did this do my sister-in-law last year, when the school decreed that each student have matching folders and notebooks for classes...

I drew the symbol of the Nazi Youth on all her stuff.

I can understand the need for uniforms, but gaah! You have families that can't pay full price of school meals, yet are expected to buy the uniforms?

Conformity sucks. Where is the individual? All they are doing is creating mindless drones who act and think the same way...

Make yourself a pin based on the Nazi Youth... that'll get the school's attention.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Actually, wearing uniforms doesn't necessarily create mindless drones, what's taught in the classroom is more than sufficient to do so, however.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Welcome to the site katt06
enjoy your youth while you can getting older aint much fun either lol
cya around
se7en

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SE7EN
Welcome to the site katt06
enjoy your youth while you can getting older aint much fun either lol
cya around
se7en

Its a lot more fun than NOT getting older

And welcome katt06

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by soothsayer
Conformity sucks. Where is the individual? All they are doing is creating mindless drones who act and think the same way...

Make yourself a pin based on the Nazi Youth... that'll get the school's attention.
I know, clothing says who you are and where you are in life, and we are expcected to look all alike. annoying.

I like the pin idea, hey, this will be good

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
its 3 am gone amuk not on the ball lol
I dont see the problem with uniform at least it makes the school look more respectable to

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by katt06
I have major problems, just ask my friends, they all think I belong in a mental institution. I love heavy metal, my favorite band is Metallica.

your favourite band is Metallica? wow you DO belong on a mental institution!!

only kidding.... welcome to ATS. This is a place where even the most "outside the box" thinking is not just accepted, but encouraged. If your mates think you're odd, that's generally a good thing. What great minds or historic figures ever thought the same as everyone else!

hope to see you around!

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by muppet

I have major problems, just ask my friends, they all think I belong in a mental institution. I love heavy metal, my favorite band is Metallica.

your favourite band is Metallica? wow you DO belong on a mental institution!!

only kidding.... welcome to ATS.
there is nothin wrong with Metallica, they rock.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
welcome Katt... hope things get better for you. I think ATS is a good start

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
*cough*, ahem... thats better..... anyways, welcome katt06, dont worry bout it, there are probably other people out there more strife than yourself. but as a teen, its only natural i suppose, i was there after all. i'll just tell you what my highschool english teacher told me, "find your own weirdness". hope that helps, some call me crazy too. sincerely yours, deaf fences hit.

ps: at the drive in forever

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SE7EN
its 3 am gone amuk not on the ball lol
I dont see the problem with uniform at least it makes the school look more respectable to
they are awful, we now look like a pep squad

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   
...are no worse than kids those days. I could have written a nearly identical intro oh so many years ago, but we didn't have the Internet then.

As for "being different" and "having problems", those will probably turn out to be your greatest assets in life. So cherish and cultivate them.

As for Metallica, well, I used to turn my nose up at them and most crunch metal. Once I got over myself, I came to appreciate how much they totally rock. Now Eye of the Beholder stands as one of my favorite songs of all time.

So dude, rock on! Just try not to let all those backwards messages drive you to devil worship, animal sacrifice, suicide or dancing.

As for school uniforms, I say get used to them, because you're probably going to be drafted anyway. Look on the bright side: everyone pretty much looks equally dorky in uniform. I say go with it and enjoy it for the silliness, if nothing else.

One important but, and this is a big but, mind you: If the girls' uniforms are not absolutely cute, then you and your classmates have my permission to riot and run wild in protest, as long as you don't hurt anyone or break anything (too much). No teenaged girl should be forced to wear an uncute uniform, that's just wrong. Other than that, I say grin and bear it.

Welcome to the nuthouse! Please don't feed the trolls.

Edit: Fortified with further timeless wisdom.

[edit on 7/29/2004 by Majic]

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I used to wear a uniform.......

We had to buy the pants 80.00 each,
kilt was 65
socks were 8
shirts were 35
vest was 40
sweater was 60

yes you needed a sweater for winter
a vest for oct and spring
then the short AND long sleeve for summer and winter
socks for the kilt
had to buy a few pairs of pants so you just didn't wear one pair all the time.

I enjoyed the uniform actually it meant I didn't have to figure out what to wear every morning... I had a hard time getting out of bed i'd drag my feet so to put on a uniform makes it alot easier for the lazy people out there...

They don't make you stupid, if anything it brings people closer together, your not judging people by what they wear your judging them on attitude...

And many people believe it or not were cool with the uniform and the majority of students were happy... *gasp*

Heavy metal doesn't make you insane, although my ex boyfriend who went to a public high school is now addicted to CRACK and he listens to godsmack and that guy who sings wait and bleed and all those other monstrosities you call music... I would say that music is for dark negative minds....

I prefer classic rock, some hits from today, sometimes I want bubble gum music, other times I want reggae, then 80s, ect...

You aren't any different then any other teenager, sometimes you'll find you have more in common then you think, many kids don't share their inner thoughts in fear of being judged, what makes you DIFFERENT is that you don't give a #..........so they call you insane... Your not insane... You just don't fear... good for you...

Welcome to the board looking forward to reading your posts...
and remember uniforms aren't all that bad.. We had blue sweaters, white shirts, and grey pants... They actually went well together... Made me feel smart

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
hey katt06! be sure to check out the debate forum. those are all really great and interesting. the second contest of the year is just winding down now, but the next one can't be too long from now. perhaps you could get in on that!

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I�m a depressed16 yr-old student
Summer is getting boring
I�m not looking forward to school
The schools board said that we had a attitude problem

Sounds like an average 16 year old to me. Welcome to the asylum!

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Here is the link where I post poems about my life. Check it out, tell me what you all think. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Wow. Isn't your life fun. And wow your school must suck to be honest. Is it a public school. Yeah like school uniforms are going to help. Luckily its sort of a good thing to be different at ATS. Have fun. BTW nice poetry. I liked it a lot.

[edit on 7/29/2004 by cyberdude78]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join