It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia is for Stupids.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
A new law going into effect on July 1st 2011 will make it legal for 2-wheeled vehicles to drive through red-lights.
2 Wheels Means Go
Its mind blowing how stupid the people in charge of running things are.
Marijuana?...no way, too dangerous.
Driving through redlights on an already dangerous vehicle that totally exposes the rider to all hazards? ...Knock yourself out.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Did you even read the article? The sensors cannot pick up the motorcycles.

"The new law allows two-wheel vehicles to pass through as long as there's no oncoming traffic and after either waiting 120 seconds at a red light or waiting for two light cycles." quoted from the source that you linked yet did not read. *sigh*

R.I.F. Reading is Fundamental.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by idonotcollectstamps

Small point of digression to help out bikers in other states here -

A smallish neodymium magnet or something equally strong should help most bikes trigger the sensors to get through stoplights. Just mount on the bottom of your bike somewhere and I've heard you should be OK.
edit on 4/25/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by idonotcollectstamps

"The new law allows two-wheel vehicles to pass through as long as there's no oncoming traffic and after either waiting 120 seconds at a red light or waiting for two light cycles." quoted from the source that you linked yet did not read. *sigh*

SMH. You're likely someone that would have voted for this. It makes more sense to change the sensors rather than to say "to hell with the whole stop light system, just go". Did you even stop for a second to think about how many people are going to run the light on the assumption that they can "make it"? Did you stop and think about how many motorcycle related accidents/deaths there are already before posting? Clearly not.
Making statements without thinking in an attempt to look smart. *sigh*

L.I.F. Logic is fundamental.
edit on 25-4-2011 by Watts because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watts

Originally posted by idonotcollectstamps

SMH. You're likely someone that would have voted for this. It makes more sense to change the sensors rather than to say "to hell with the whole stop light system, just go". Did you even stop for a second to think about how many people are going to run the light on the assumption that they can "make it"? Did you stop and think about how many motorcycle related accidents/deaths there are already before posting? Clearly not.
Making statements without thinking in an attempt to look smart. *sigh*

L.I.F. Logic is fundamental.
edit on 25-4-2011 by Watts because: (no reason given)

Because waiting for 120 seconds is the equivalent of just saying "Hell with it bro herp just go through the red light derp!"

Bikers all over Virginia will now be pulling wheelies as they perform motocross style triples through the red lights doing a reverse no handed superman. WOOHOOO Virginia is for stuntmen! LOLOLOL!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by idonotcollectstamps

You're replying on the (clearly wrong) premise that everyone is smart, responsible and law-abiding. How many times have you seen someone speed up to try to catch a yellow light and blatantly miss it? I don't even understand how you can argue against that. As bad as it sounds, the majority of people, in America at least, are stupid. Giving a semi-pass to the most vulnerable people on the roads to ignore a system put in place to keep drivers safe is nothing but stupid. To try to argue otherwise is just as stupid. Statistics don't lie.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Here I will help you out. You are on a computer I am hypothesizing because I do not see an ATS mobile addition. Even if you are on a telephone this experiment should be able to work you you. Try and access a time device. This could be in the form of a watch with a second hand, a digital watch with a stop watch OR just look down in the bottom right hand part of your computer monitor if you are using windows.

Ok now count out 120 seconds. It is a decent length of time. If my calculations are correct than 120 seconds is.......two minutes! Two entire minutes of sitting at a red light before being able to go through it.

You are acting like two minutes means they are going to be going through red lights without even stopping at them. They have to stop at the red light and THEN after coming to a complete stop wait 120 seconds, two minutes. Of just sitting there NOT going through the red light.

If you are having difficulty understanding how long 120 seconds is I will try and find a video that explains it better than I can by simply using words.

top topics

join