It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you prefer if no NATO soldier ever died...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
in exchange for letting those in the Middle-East kill eachother via religious/sectarian violence over the last 50 years?...

Would you prefer since Post-WWII that NATO troops stay completely out of Middle-East affairs regardless of how many tens of thousands were/would be killed by their own people?..

Do you believe if not one NATO soldier touched down in uniform anywhere in the whole region that 9/11, and other related events, would have ever happened?...

Do you believe if no soldiers were every deployed there, that MORE attacks would have occured over the decades in U.S, Russia, UK?...

Would the good will of the people around the world DEMAND we send our National Soldiers to quell the violence that surely would have erupted by now?...

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I would hope international citizens wouldnt sit back and watch the species make a fool outta itself via a few bad apples trying to force their ways (and would request NATO assist).. But then again it can all be pre set to happen. Things are so fake down here.

edit on 4/25/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
So long as they left us alone I don't care how many of them wanna kill each other.

They've been doing it for centuries without us any way.

I'm done with the notion of humanitarianism at the barrel of a gun. It's an idiotic pursuit that leave our people dead at the hands of a backward 7 century ideology that few of us barely understand.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I would prefer no one ever died over disagreements over beliefs or for the Earth's minerals and oils. I wish we were all in a state of mind that really understood how short life is and beautiful our differences actually make us.

But that is a pipe dream.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

ur goverment dont care too, that's why the us soldiers kill them without fear, as they are securing the resources of the occupied countries.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by elpistolero1

All sides kill for no good reason and the reasons they give the world are just not suffcient enough for a reason to kill.

Greed kills and that can be greed for oil, money, religion, and every other reason. The greedy kill for their own greedy ways and yes the US is not exempt.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by elpistolero1

You see, I live in this place called reality.

To the victor go the spoils.

Do wanna lose? Fight harder.

As far as Iraq is concerned, stupid war with no meaning.

Afghanistan? don't harbor people that kill our people and we won't kill your people.
edit on 25-4-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

ETA:

You see, I'm done caring. Everyone wants to over think this crap. We have a bad foreign policy that bring us the kind of blowback we use as an excuse to go to war with other nations. Is it right? No. But it is what it is. We can change it, but it takes more than bitching on a keyboard about it to do so. It takes more than voting, more than petitioning.

The problem with how we do things is that rather than honestly show people how things are done, we demonize the wrong things. We go after the bolts holding the cover on the machine rather than the cogs that make it turn.

So I don't care anymore. The world is stupid, and it wants to continue down this path. We're fighting against an enemy that holds on very tightly to a centuries old ideology that has remained little changed with the times and we think we're going to be able to bring any semblance of normalcy to these people as we see it. It's futile. But it is what it is.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxnAfghanistan? don't harbor people that kill our people and we won't kill your people.

That's part of my question!!

Why do you think they are killing "our people"... Because of past intervention in their countries maybe??
Do you think they would kill our people if we never killed theirs.. ever?..

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I agree, indeed it is sad the reality of it all, and for that sole sad fact of life is what has made me question God in my life at times.

This is just an advanced world of the old world of '' king of the jungle ''.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

See edit

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by JAGx1981
I would prefer no one ever died over disagreements over beliefs or for the Earth's minerals and oils. I wish we were all in a state of mind that really understood how short life is and beautiful our differences actually make us.

But that is a pipe dream.

for starters, the fact you can coherently type such a wonderful thought for all living people is a testament to how close it truly is. with each thought like that we take one step closer to it being a reality. with each thought of war we step towards our destruction

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

Originally posted by projectvxnAfghanistan? don't harbor people that kill our people and we won't kill your people.

Why do you think they are killing "our people"... Because of past intervention in their countries maybe??

To answer your question, I don't think there can be one answer. There can be many motivations for whomever chooses to kill people on either side.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I would like to see the western world disconnect from the ME, yes.

I believe it is highly likely that ME terrorism would still be an issue if we had never set foot on their lands, yes.

9/11 in specific? Tough to say.

Without western involvement they would be in even worse shape, left behing by the technology and prosperity of the modern world. Most of their problems originate from within. Theft of natural resources by their leaders and an ongoing history of religious and tribal violence.

The west has been a convenient patsy.

Edit - addition

let me add that WE are in a similar condition. Our leaders have been more sophisticated, but have traded away, sold or stolen our resources as well. Corruption is corruption..

We have our own problems to face and no time to be dealing with dark ages culture armed with 20th century tools of death.

It's like arguing with an idiot. You can't even get a point across, let alone reach a mutual understanding, other than to agree you would rather not talk at all.
edit on 25-4-2011 by Fiberx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

I truly believe that with all my heart too. Hope is all we have, and without that what good is life?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

To your above question my personal answer is yes if we were not there we would not be killed.....
We (Canada) have no frigging business there and I believe that most Canadians believe so as well.
I wrote a letter to the editor in one of our major newspapers here In Ontario and asked this simple question...."Why are we at war in Afghanistan?"
Amazingly enough they printed it and you can probably guess how many answers we got.
Nada,Zip,Zero not a one.
To the OP good thread for thought.
S&F
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

in exchange for letting those in the Middle-East kill eachother via religious/sectarian violence over the last 50 years?...

Yes

Would you prefer since Post-WWII that NATO troops stay completely out of Middle-East affairs regardless of how many tens of thousands were/would be killed by their own people?..

Yes

Do you believe if not one NATO soldier touched down in uniform anywhere in the whole region that 9/11, and other related events, would have ever happened?...

I don't understand the question as it was poorly worded. but I believe if the U.S never intervened(especially in Afghanistan where they funded the Taliban) then no, nothing like 9/11 would be the result of Islamic terrorism. However it wouldn't stop the government from ochestrating such an attack.

Do you believe if no soldiers were every deployed there, that MORE attacks would have occured over the decades in U.S, Russia, UK?...

No. Less attacks would have occured. After the U.S intervened in Iraq it caused more muslims to be radicalised and become extremists. This is both due to the occupation and un-popular economic transformation policies. After the C.I.A put the Shah in power in Iran in 1953 it caused the Islamic revoloution as dissidents were forced to seek refuge in Mosques. After the C.I.A funded the secterian section of the Taliban it caused Afghanistan to be deeply radicalised. Everywhere the U.S has intervened it has either caused anti-American sentiment or Islamist extremism. From Latin America to the Middle East.

Would the good will of the people around the world DEMAND we send our National Soldiers to quell the violence that surely would have erupted by now?...

No the goodwill of the people should DEMAND the opposite. To stay out of foreign affairs.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Look, they are going to do it whether we are there or not. Why get involved unless it's crucial to National Security and then if we do. Go in and Flatten the place old school. Not this pussy footing around...

Once upon a time I would have disagreed with that stance but now, I say let them kill each other. That way they wouldn't be able to blame their issues on the West.

The official story goes that Osama retaliated for Infidels being in Saudi Arabia and for Clinton launching Cruise missiles into Afghanistan Taliban training camps. Which supposedly took 7 years or so to plan 9/11.

Others feel it was a false flag an inside job. So who knows.

Being older now, and hindsight being 20/20 I feel that we should stay the hell out of the middle East and only go in [if and when] our National interests are at stake. None of this half-assed approach. During 1991 we deployed over 450,000 troops to remove Saddam from Kuwait but when years later we invaded we kept to 140,000. That was for the invasion and occupation. How asinine was that? No wonder it was a mess. With Iran supplying one side and Saudi Arabia supplying the other. Our boys caught in the middle.

My son was there for 18 months. He's home now safe and healthy and looking to further his education. Thank God

People always have a gripe about something. You show me a Utopia and I'll pack up and move tomorrow...

We are damned if we do, and damned if we don't. I say screw them. Let them kill each other and sort out their own dead.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
no but s&f

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I say we fly in every plane we have and drop guns and ammo and let them go at it. Sure, the West is to blame for some of the problems, but for the most part these people just don't get along.

As for the three wars we are involved in, I personally don't even consider them wars. IMO, war is meant to punish somebody severely and make them think twice before they ever messed with you again. It shouldn't be dragged out over a decade. Just call me ruthless when it comes to war. I think we could have saved many lives on all sides as well as trillions of dollars if we had just let the alphabet agencies do their jobs instead of these goal-less wars we are fighting.

Whether we get involved or not, we still get the blame.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Absolutely they would!

"past intervention" is a lame excuse that bin Laden half-heartedly tried to use once, and even then he pussy-footed around the issue and said that it was in part because Americans are "in the land of the two holy mosques", meaning Saudi Arabia - (al Masjid al Nabawi in Medina and Masjid al Haram in Mecca are the two he's referring to). I checked my log book, and found no notations where we've killed anyone in Saudi Arabia.

See, there's a certain class of Muslim who takes their deity at it's word that they are to kill or convert infidels. Bin Laden himself made the offer to STOP attacking us if the US would convert to Islam. Therein lies the real root of the problem. It's not because they "hate our freedoms" - they could care less about our freedoms. It's not because of our "interventions" - if it was, he could have picked a far better example than Saudi Arabia. It's not even because of our religions or lack thereof. It's because of what our religion is NOT, not what it is.

The grand plan of these happy few Muslims is to reinstate a the caliphate, world wide, with an HQ in Baghdad, and sharia the supreme law of the planet, Islam the only religion.

They can bite me. Any "god" that has to win converts at sword point isn't worth following, and will meet his end soon enough. That's right, even gods can die when they bite off more than they can chew. It chokes them, and Allah's day is coming.

Sooner than he thinks.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join