It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did everyone have a good Eatser? or Sunday for that matter?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
As a few people know I love Getting to know the other members here.

With that said How was everyone's Easter Sunday. What did you eat? What did you do? Did yo go to church? If you are not part of the faith which celebrates this, then how was your Sunday? Did you go to the park? Or shopping? Did you take in a Football (soccer) match?

I went with my fiance to my mom and step dads house and had dinner. It was only the four of us and ever thing went well. My sisters missed their flight from San Fransisco so I will not get to see them till tomorrow which bummed me out . Everything was going well good food, laughter,no yelling like when I was a child/teen and lived there. Until I made an error of bringing up some questions about the police and their tactics stemming from a thread I started somewhere else on the boards. Got into it with my step dad (ex - military 'Nam Veteran, current cop) he called me a domestic terrorist and a nazi. Verbal ignorance was spewed, things were thrown and I was kicked out. Without any desert ...................... Good times

Fortunately I had my fill of Ham and potato salad before my sending off and by god can that man cook a mean meal.

So how was everybody else's day. I hope it was better than mine. Let me know if you want.

That is all

Trowa
edit on 24/4/11 by TrowaBarton because: Spelling as per

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I have ham once a year. Done.

I'm not Christian so...Happy Ham Day!

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

. My fiance calls it zombie Jesus day.

Trowa

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Lots of chocolate for me...stared at the sky for about 20 minutes thinking about my childhood memories.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Luckyxfactor

My mom made me an Easter basket which is cool even though I'm 31. Am hoping I do not go into sugar shock as my old body probably can't take all of the chocolate goodness. It did make me think about my younger days though and I try not to do that too much.

Trowa

P.S. Does anyone remember those giant OREOs. Not the double stuffed ones I mean those big ones that were like the size of the individual Big fudge Rounds or Oatmeal pies that you can by at the store. Whatever happened to those?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
cakesters.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

No not the cakesters The big stuff oreos. Just one huge f all Oreo per package.Turns out they were discontinued in 1991 after only being on the market for 4 years. Here's a pic look at it and tell me you just don't want to eat like ten of these.

Trowa

edit on 24/4/11 by TrowaBarton because: To add content

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TrowaBarton

Trowa im sorry your Easter was a bummer..I gave Easter dinner at my house for 30 family members it was all good i was surprised not one argument usually its war when my family members get together ..Today i went to more family members Easter dinner had alot of fun ate to much we had turkey instead of ham..
I didn't go to church im not that religious..Thats really nice your mom made you a Easter basket also i rember the giant OREOs yummy i liked to open them and eat the center frist then the cookie with a big glass of ice cold milk
to bad they were discontinued ..
peace~~sugarcookie1 ps just rember you got lots of people here on ATS that are your friends and we care

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Thank you for the kind words. I know some are going to read my post and say wait in the first sentence he said that things went well, then he describes what happened and It doesn't sound to peachy. Let me just say that compared to the old days this was pretty mild.

I would've loved some turkey today (jealous) , and to see more of my family, we are kinda spread all over the map and the group that is the closest is sadly pretty fractured. I'm glad you had a good day and I'm sure will be conversing again here. Have a good one, thanks for sharing.

Trowa
edit on 25/4/11 by TrowaBarton because: Spelling always the spelling

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Hey Trowa, sorry you got kicked outa your Easter party

I wouldn't mind a heated argument or debate at one of my family hoildays. We all just talk about general stuff, and no one really argues ever.

20 of us at my Gram's ate: Ham, turkey, stuffing, mac n cheese, pot salad, baked beans, pickeled eggs, deviled eggs, and loads of desserts.

My kids and I left a lil early and took a plate of food to a friend of mine that is laid up in nursing home recovering from foot surgury.

Cool thread, glad to share.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Funny your title says EATSER, and yes i had a lot to eat, and it was good.
All of the salads and a selection of oven roasted, turkey ham and even a bbq tri tip.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I am not the xxstian sort but there are alot of heysoos lovers in my family so.
I enjoy these eating holidays!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

Very cool. Good to hear and sound like the menu was awesome. Very cool that you took food to your friend who was injured, Its the little things in life and that is just stellar.

Trowa

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Man I can't believe I did that. I usually do not admit it but I will in here I'm on of those spelling snobs here at ATS, Well not the total nazi kind but I'm pretty bad about it. I was wondering why more people weren't posting in here. LOL ..... I must have had some ham sweat in my eye.

Glad to see you enjoyed your day. I'm not the type anymore but I was for a long time altar boy, choir member, baptised, confirmed and all that. I really don't have the faith required to believe anymore but I still do try to gt to church on the big ones Easter, Christmas.

Trowa
edit on 25/4/11 by TrowaBarton because: Spelling as per

top topics

join