It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A response to the claims that the Tea Party is racist.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The "teaparty" has its origins in the citizens councils of the dirty south during the 50s and 60s.
These were groups of white folk who were opposed to desegregation and civil rights for African Americans.

The " teaparty" attracts a lot of "white nationalists" who feel uncomfortable in white supremacist groups.
The playbook is always the same, ie whites are discriminated against, white culture and history is down played, whites are becoming a minority in their own country etc etc.

I`m not commenting on whether I think the "teaparty" are racist or not, in my opinion its irrelevant.
What they (teaparty) seem to be nostalgic for, is a time when white male privilege was the norm in America.
Now that they have realised wall street (and by extension US govt), has no colour or national loyalty and would just as soon throw them under the bus as any other group, they want a return to 1940s/50s America, with all its white male priviliges.

This is where all these groups have got it wrong.The solution to their problems can be found in uniting, not dividing the society at large. No single group is strong enough to smash the hold of big business on America.
It`s no wonder the financiers of the "teaparty" are billionaires and coporations, who seek to divide the ordinary workers against one another.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
Since the Dems and progressives have used Obamas supposed 'Blackness' as his main selling point - to apeal to the 95% of blacks who voted for him along racial lines, and the white guilt liberals who voted for him because he was Black (well 6.75% black anyway) - then it is only fitting that he be parodied in that manner in a song.

How many people are the Dems really fooling with their incessant 24/7 BIGLIE propaganda - that the Tea party are Violent racist extremists.

It is the Dems that consider Blacks too stupid ever to stand on their own feet.
It is Obama that has been surrounded by radical extremist revolutionaries all his life.
It is the Dems's union thugs, anarchists, eco-loonies,black panthers that are using all the violence vandalism and intimidation.

I voted for him because the only other candidate was a nutbag who wants to stay in iraq for 100 years and wanted darth cheney as his vice president.

I think you've drank the republican koolaid my friend

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
So the Tea Party found 1 out of the 10 folks of color whom believe the GOP dribble and you guys point that as "we arent racist".
Thats rich. Literally.
Its funny but if you youtube many,many of the previous Tea Party Rallies you can see with your own eyes very little if any people of ethnicity in attendance.
Sorry but a Party that takes aim Only at the middle class and poor and their fed support programs in favor of substantial cut for the wealthy isnt anything But Racist.
But wait we arent racist says the Tea Partiers we believe all minorities should work for us and many of us hire minorities.
What they leave out is the how they exploit these low income earners.
Sorry but the Tea Party is Nothing more than an upper class and racist representing party that wants Nothing too do with equality and freedom for all.
Lolz But racists and wealthy elitists always think they are fair even when taking billions in corporate aid ala "rich folks only" geared legislature.
And honestly most of those folks at these rallies are just duped clergy,old folks homes residents,etc convinced by the TP that the evil "dark skinned obama" is taking their rights when in fact its the the Tea Party heads themselves.
Believe youre own lies and history rewrites Tea folks but you arent fooling the masses only your loyal and blind followers.

edit on 24-4-2011 by VType because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I agree with the people yelling in the first video. Any black people in the tea party are hypocritical and voting against their own interests. I wouldn't say the people in that first video are yelling "racial slurs." It's silly to say "uncle tom" is a racial slur. It's racial, alright, but it's right to call someone out for doing something hypocritical.
I'm not saying everybody in the tea party is racist. And most people in the tea party are good people who genuinely want to change things for the better, but they're terribly misled, and that is sad. It's certain tea party leaders that are the ones consciously distorting information and purposely misleading people.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

I found none of Rush's comments racist in the least. I think the song is in bad taste and don't find it funny, but don't find it racist.

Here is a question for you.

Say in 2012 we have Obama vs. some white candidate. 80% of the white folks vote for the white candidate, clearly a much higher percentage of the whites who voted for McCain in 2008. Now given that we've had a few years to consider Obama's performance on the job, the logical conclusion would be that 80% of white people don't approve of the job he is doing and are deciding to vote for someone else. Clearly they are not voting against him because he's black since millions of those folks voted for him in 2008. How would that 80% vote against Obama be viewed? Clearly it would be viewed as racist. There would be a high degree of outrage and likely violence. Clearly race relations would be set back decades, despite the fact that the majority of the folks switched their vote were not motivated by race in the least.

80+% of blacks voted for Obama. Was that considered racist? No. Undoubtably he will get the same percentage, in 2012. Is that racist? Of course it is. If you consider it not to be racist, than you are assuming that 80% of blacks have the same political views and that is racist.

When everything is racist, nothing is racist because the term loses all credibility. Racism exists in every society and it is tremendously unfortunate. When racism within a particular group is accepted, the way it is with blacks in society today, that by definition is racist and to suggest otherwise is foolish and absolutely degrades the outrage against racism practiced by all groups.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
On This We Stand.

Liberty is not a station in time that we arrive at, or something that we achieve - liberty is an endless journey; a sacred cause that we engage at inestimable cost. We must never forget these costs, or that liberty demands our eternal vigilance -- so that we may secure her blessings for ourselves, and for our children. Save for life itself, there is no blessing, no human right, more precious than liberty. And it must never be taken for granted. We are the American Tea Party. We stand for life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

We will not divide other human beings into groups, proclaim their victimhood, and cynically anoint ourselves or government as the lone path to their dreams. Our philosophy is simpler, and better - do unto others, as you would have them do unto you. We - Americans, value diligence, humility, patience and charity. The Tea Party stands for life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness for all of God's children, in every quarter of the Earth - and all of the time. Thank you, and God bless you.

www.americanthinker.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
Here is a question for you.

Say in 2012 we have Obama vs. some white candidate. 80% of the white folks vote for the white candidate, clearly a much higher percentage of the whites who voted for McCain in 2008. Now given that we've had a few years to consider Obama's performance on the job, the logical conclusion would be that 80% of white people don't approve of the job he is doing and are deciding to vote for someone else. Clearly they are not voting against him because he's black since millions of those folks voted for him in 2008. How would that 80% vote against Obama be viewed?

You're assuming that 80% won't vote for him in 2012.
Voting for a candidate based only on his/her merits isn't racist.

Clearly it would be viewed as racist.

I don't think so.

There would be a high degree of outrage and likely violence.

No there wouldn't.

Clearly race relations would be set back decades, despite the fact that the majority of the folks switched their vote were not motivated by race in the least.

I don't believe this is true.

80+% of blacks voted for Obama. Was that considered racist? No.

If they voted for him ONLY because he is black, then they voted in a racist manor.

When everything is racist, nothing is racist because the term loses all credibility.

So if everything in a room is blue then nothing in the room is blue?

Racism exists in every society and it is tremendously unfortunate. When racism within a particular group is accepted, the way it is with blacks in society today, that by definition is racist and to suggest otherwise is foolish and absolutely degrades the outrage against racism practiced by all groups.

You're assuming that it's only with blacks and not mexican or italian, or muslim or polish, etc....

The reality is that if someone, anyone is racist, they should be called out on their racism. Racism of any kind from anyone or any group should not be tolerated let alone encouraged as with rush limbaugh or the black panthers or the KKK, etc...

Will obama lose the 2012 election? Doubtful. Why ? Not because he's black but because of the nutbags he's running against.
The unfortunate truth is that we as Americans have forgotten our jobs as Americans. We stopped REQUIRING our employees (ie president, VP, congress, senate, etc..) to fulfill the will of the people within the confines of the CONSTITUTION. The mess we created has lead us down the path of not voting for the best candidate but voting for the least WORST candidate.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Funny how the perception of reality seems to bend 180 degrees in so few years.

History Of The Democrats And The KKK

The original targets of the Ku Klux Klan were Republicans, both black and white, according to a new television program and book, which describe how the Democrats started the KKK and for decades harassed the GOP with lynchings and threats.

An estimated 3,446 blacks and 1,297 whites died at the end of KKK ropes from 1882 to 1964.

Three years after Appomattox, the 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, granting blacks citizenship in the United States, came before Congress: 94 percent of Republicans endorsed it.

"The records of Congress reveal that not one Democrat, either in the House or the Senate, voted for the 14th Amendment," Barton wrote. "Three years after the Civil War, and the Democrats from the North as well as the South were still refusing to recognize any rights of citizenship for black Americans."

He also noted that South Carolina Gov. Wade Hampton at the 1868 Democratic National Convention inserted a clause in the party platform declaring the Congress' civil rights laws were "unconstitutional, revolutionary, and void."

It was the same convention when Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest, the first grand wizard of the KKK, was honored for his leadership.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Unless you believe that blacks overwhelmingly have common political views, which is racist, then the massive percentages voting for Obama can be explained how? His stellar track record as a statesman? Simply his speaking skills? Were their views not based on race the percentage of black voters voting for Obama would be roughly the same percentage of whites. Even Colin Powell stated that he voted for Obama because he's black.

If the Republicans can get a half way decent candidate going, Obama will lose in 2012. He will poll strong throughout, but come election day, there will be millions of folks who will either vote for another candidate, or simply stay home. It has been shown that when asked polling questions about minority candidates, people lie. They lie because they are concerned about appearing racist. There is always a significant last minute swing against the minority candidate on election day. Millions of Americans voted for Obama because he was black. They voted as much for the man as they did about racial harmony and what his election would say and mean for the country. Those folks are now been there done that. They can feel good about themselves for having voted for a black man for president.

As far as violence goes, I lived in NYC when David Dinkins ran agains Rudy Guilani for mayor. Dinkins was up in the polls by 5 on election day. He lost by three. A 8 point swing in a day? No, tons of folks who, having seen Dinkins as mayor, the first black elected mayor, they felt that he did a lousy job and did not vote for him, yet they consistently told pollsters that they would. The racial voting in the city was stark. Staten Island and Queens overwhelming for Guiliani. Harlem and Manhatten overwhelmingly for Dinkins. Those fine Americans like Sharpton in the streets threatening to burn the city down. You could cut the racial tension with a knife. Police on horseback all over the place, on the trains. If it was not for Dinkins who, by the way is a patriot, coming and asking for calm, that city would have erupted.
edit on 24-4-2011 by dolphinfan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Is the tea party driven purely through ideological views? No.

Is the tea party free of racists? No.

Are all tea partiers racist? No.

You cannot make an argument for either. I believe there are many tea partiers driven by racism hence their silence over the years. I don't think all tea partiers are racists. Others are just ideologically disgruntled individuals, others are dissappointed 2008 voters.
edit on 24-4-2011 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
reply to post by jfj123

Unless you believe that blacks overwhelmingly have common political views, which is racist, then the massive percentages voting for Obama can be explained how? His stellar track record as a statesman? Simply his speaking skills? Were their views not based on race the percentage of black voters voting for Obama would be roughly the same percentage of whites. Even Colin Powell stated that he voted for Obama because he's black.

uh what did I just say? Did you actually read my post????
This is what I wrote
"If they voted for him ONLY because he is black, then they voted in a racist manner."

If the Republicans can get a half way decent candidate going, Obama will lose in 2012.

They won't. There is noone in there stable.

He will poll strong throughout, but come election day, there will be millions of folks who will either vote for another candidate, or simply stay home.

The percentage that vote will most definitely be lower however unless something major happens, obama will win a 2nd term.

Millions of Americans voted for Obama because he was black.

And millions also voted for him because he wasn't republican. The last republican trashed our country if you remember???

They voted as much for the man as they did about racial harmony and what his election would say and mean for the country.

Although that did play into the election, it was a vote against the republicans more than it was a vote for obama.

Those folks are now been there done that. They can feel good about themselves for having voted for a black man for president.

Wow you're really stuck on that, aren't you ?

As far as violence goes, I lived in NYC when David Dinkins ran agains Rudy Guilani for mayor. Dinkins was up in the polls by 5 on election day. He lost by three. A 8 point swing in a day?

Yeah kinda reminds you how bush stole his election huh ?

No, tons of folks who, having seen Dinkins as mayor, the first black elected mayor, they felt that he did a lousy job and did not vote for him, yet they consistently told pollsters that they would. The racial voting in the city was stark. Staten Island and Queens overwhelming for Guiliani. Harlem and Manhatten overwhelmingly for Dinkins. Those fine Americans like Sharpton in the streets threatening to burn the city down.

Did sharpton really threaten to commit arson? If so, we should put him in jail. Never liked sharpton anyhow. He's a big racist.

You could cut the racial tension with a knife. Police on horseback all over the place, on the trains. If it was not for Dinkins who, by the way is a patriot, coming and asking for calm, that city would have erupted.
edit on 24-4-2011 by dolphinfan because: (no reason given)

hmmm. so one city had it tough ? That does suck but one city is not an entire country.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

quoted with changes:

Is the democratic party driven purely through ideological views? No.

Is the democratic party free of racists? No.

Are all democrats racist? No.

You cannot make an argument for either. I believe there are many democrats driven by racism hence their silence over the years. I don't think all democrats are racists. Others are just ideologically disgruntled individuals, others are disappointed 2000 voters.

Works just as well!

edit on 4/24/11 by Ferris.Bueller.II because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
reply to post by Southern Guardian

quoted with changes:

Is the democratic party driven purely through ideological views? No.

Is the democratic party free of racists? No.

Are all democrats racist? No.

You cannot make an argument for either. I believe there are many democrats driven by racism hence their silence over the years. I don't think all democrats are racists. Others are just ideologically disgruntled individuals, others are disappointed 2000 voters.

Works just as well!

edit on 4/24/11 by Ferris.Bueller.II because: (no reason given)

I don't think anyone is denying that there are racists in all aspects of life.
So what's your point?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
There's a lot of confusion around what the term 'racism' connotes.

Racism isn't necessarily bigotry. It's far more complex than that.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The people that claim that there is no reason ever to claim racism, or that there is no racism anywhere in the TEA party, or that none of the Obama hate stems from racism are the ones that do the most damage. My post history proves that I hardly even considered race much until recently when I piled up all the racist anti-Obama emails I got and saw all the deniers on ATS screaming there is NO RACISM anywhere against Obama. That kind of denial just makes me wonder why anyone would pretend racism is dead just because they are not racist.

Here is a discussion about attending a TEA party rally with a familiar ATS screen name and all on a Stormfront discussion board. It only gets easier to claim racism when people try to pretend it no longer exists at all. Not sure why link will not post. "http: //www.[hate-site-nolink]/forum/t588834/"
edit on 24-4-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

Well I guess I cannot even link to it so I am not sure what to do about that. Anyone that wants to see it that has a suggestion, I am all ears. Anyway, if there is even one racist in the TEA party, and we know there is, then the cries of NO RACISM WHATSOEVER just do more harm than good.
edit on 24-4-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Racism is the establishment's favorite diversionary and controlling technique. If you want to rant about racism go to a forum where the majority are still swayed by this brainwashing tactic.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

I don't think anyone is denying that there are racists in all aspects of life.
So what's your point?

Just wanted to see how it worked out, and it worked just as well!

Obama Calling Tea Party Racist Reveals A Far More Disturbing Reality

President Obama said the Tea Party is racist. That's the unmistakable meaning of his statement that race is a "key component" of Tea Party protests. The liberal media, NAACP and Democrats have been relentlessly promoting this same baseless allegation. When final confirmation comes down from the highest office in the land, the Oval Office, that the Tea Party is racist; the allegation becomes "official" in the minds of millions. President Obama is slandering millions of decent hard working Americans who simply disagree with his progressive/socialist agenda.

Obama is exploiting his race and sacrificing national race relations solely to implement his progressive/socialist agenda. Callously and strategically, the President of the United States is pitting millions of black and white Americans against each other. Lord help us, that is pure evil.

Obama is not who most Americans thought he was and is exactly who the liberal mainstream media hoped he would be: their Great Black Hope for implementing their progressive/socialist agenda.

They will do whatever it takes to protect Obama; ignoring his character flaws, lawlessness, deceptions and lies. If Obama says two plus two equals five, the liberal media will defend it as being the "New Math." We cannot trust the liberal media to tell us the truth regarding Obama.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by goddesslovr88
Racism is the establishment's favorite diversionary and controlling technique. If you want to rant about racism go to a forum where the majority are still swayed by this brainwashing tactic.

Which is the tactic. Discussing racism, implementing it, or denying it?

You're being too vague.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Everyone is a racist......

It just depends to what extent.

Even my mom seems a bit racist at times, but I honestly don't think she is.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
The one question that no one seems to ask is...will the TEA PARTY still be around when a rich white man gets into office? I don't think so..but only time will tell..The TEA PARTY and republicans only want to go back to the old ways..you know when colors were oppressed and women had no rights...the good ol' days.
edit on 24-4-2011 by kerazeesicko because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join