It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is this a bob list

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
i would like to know how others think of my bug out bag
here are my 8 items(dont include food or water);
EQUIP FIRST AID KIT PRO 3
www.wellingtonsurplus.com.au...

GERBER BEAR GRYLLS SURVIVAL SERIES ULTIMATE SURVIVAL KIT
www.wellingtonsurplus.com.au... +31-000701

TAS XL ALICE PACK WITH FRAME and STRAPS (AUSCAM)

BILLIE ALUMINIUM X-LARGE - 6 PINT

ELEMENTAL WIND / WATERPROOF MATCHES(i may get flint and striker(right after this))REMOVED

LIGHT MY FIRE SWEDISH FIRESTEEL(may get instead of matches(right above))

G.I. PLUS PARACORD 100 FT

HEXAMINE CAMPING STOVE WITH FUEL TABLETSREMOVED

HEXAMINE FUEL TABLETS PACKET OF 8REMOVED

ok that is all please coment on what i have and please say about the flint and striker and water/wind proof matches please dont say any thing about food and water. as with water i will just boil it and food i will be taking 2kg of quick oats/poridge and 2 weeks surply of 2 minute nodels. it is austalian websites as it is the colest surpus store near my place

i will be taking sleeping bag and a 2 person tent sorted to my climate ill post them if you wont. if anyone here is from perth wa ill be going on rottnest island

or the bibbulmun track

for safety as they both have lots of snakes at summer and are freezing at winter i dont think many people will go
i do live behind the hills by the way well kinda and i know i dont have a mess tin i will use a billy instead easer to boil water and it is quit big. please post on what you think on everything
edit on 24-4-2011 by THEwTRUTH because: REMOVING ITEMS

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I think you should throw it all in the closet and never look at it again. All that stuff will wear out. If your planning on bugging out in Australia it seems to me you have the best source of preparedness right there. Just study your indigenous people and see how they have survived for so long without all that crap you think is actually gonna save you.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
The best survival tool you can have is a brain full of knowledge.
but having said that, you dont need the stove or fuel tablets, waste of space and weight.
same with matches, a lighter is heaps better, for the same space as a box of matches, you can fit a lighter that will last heaps longer.
and the flint in it is the same as the ferrocerium in flint steel strikers.
so you can use it for that as well once the gas runs out.
a good sized knife is the most basic piece of kit you can have.
read as much as you can

as for the two locations you pointed out, well i lived in perth for many years , the island is a popular tourist location and how are you going to get there, do you have a boat ?, if you do your better to go up the coast so if you need to you can head inland rather then get trapped on an island . think shooting fish in a barrell...
and the track long , but its also a popular place for campers.
best bet, head up the coast or down the coast from perth.
you can get really lost near Margret river..
and if you head out to the bungle bungles up north you can get really lost there too.

edit on 24-4-2011 by sprocket2cog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by sprocket2cog
The best survival tool you can have is a brain full of knowledge.
but having said that, you dont need the stove or fuel tablets, waste of space and weight.
same with matches, a lighter is heaps better, for the same space as a box of matches, you can fit a lighter that will last heaps longer.
and the flint in it is the same as the ferrocerium in flint steel strikers.
so you can use it for that as well once the gas runs out.
a good sized knife is the most basic piece of kit you can have.
read as much as you can

that is true i will remove them soon i am buing the stuff tomorow

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
The point is this. If you have to ask what you need to survive you are in no way gonna make it. Living off the land for any extended period of time takes experience, alot more than your gonna get reading some books by bear grylls.

I would look at your area and see what type of event is most likely going to occure that would make you have to leave. I would find a suitable location that you can go to in case of an emergency and plan for that. Always have a known way to get there and also plan for a third safe spot in case your primary falls through.

Don't plan on running out into the wilderness but plan on a city or somewhere that you feel is out of the danger area. Nothing wrong with keeping extra food or medical kits on hand in case power goes out or things of that nature but out of all the disasters I can think of in the last 200 years I don't recall any of them serious enough where you would have to go live off the land.
edit on 24-4-2011 by kro32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
I think you should throw it all in the closet and never look at it again. All that stuff will wear out. If your planning on bugging out in Australia it seems to me you have the best source of preparedness right there. Just study your indigenous people and see how they have survived for so long without all that crap you think is actually gonna save you.

mate mate maaate it will help but not instently yes the indigenous people do help and as i have said i will remove some things that arnt as good but they are tools that help survive ok

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Well I wish you the best of luck then. Me, if I was there i'd be sitting in a nice hotel somewhere but if you want to live next to a big rock watching the lizards go by that's entirely up to you.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Living off the land for any extended period of time takes experience, alot more than your gonna get reading some books by bear grylls.

yes i am taking courses i have read a few dosen books on survival and i do have the three tools everyone must have; will to live(WTL) knowledge and tool skills (building fires, reasorfulness)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
good list, but why dump the stove? those are great little items, got one in my LBE myself. even if you run out of the fuel tabs, you can make some of your own.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
With the money saved by ditching some of the other items, triple your paracord. Cordage that you do not have to make is worth its weight in gold. 300 feet of 550 Paracord in 50 foot bundles is best. And while it seems like a lot at first, you are not going to be stingy with it until you are down to your last 50 foot bundle. Which of course means that every use of it before hand was well made and is still most likely still in use as was intended.

But all all things are personal perspective.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I second the paracord. A cobraweave braiding of the paracord will give you a lot more in a smaller space. Tons of places on the internet show a how-to cobraweave. Weave quick clips into it and you can secure things to your alice pack with it and if you need it you can unweave it and still be miles ahead. Make sure to burn the ends or it will fray quickly. A lot of places are showing up selling cobraweave bracelets for about $10 US. You can make the same thing for less than three by weaving it yourself. I've got 1000 feet of it braided in different lengths on our molle gear and bracelets/necklaces. Adds about 8 pounds of weight total.
The Bear Grylls knife is pretty good stuff. Add a shatterproof signal mirror. I know you said to not mention water, but a good Katadyn or Berkey bottle filter is good insurance. A couple of Nalgene bottles will help. You can store other stuff in them when you don't have water in them. A collapsible potable water bladder weighs next to nothing and can be used for more than just water. Just be careful about what you use it for. A book with good color photos of wild edibles in your geographic area adds peace of mind when you're looking at a weed thinking "could I eat that"?
Think about adding a small camp axe or good hatchet. The sharpening stone on the Grylls knife will keep it sharp enough for you. Some netting can just cover your pack and if you need to be camoflauged you can tie twigs or leaves and grass in it.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
stove and tablets too heavy and i save money being able to get 5x the amount of paracord best # in the word along with brains ducttape fire water air food trees girls
they are all must haves

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Hi all,

Any folks in Australia looking for a good & grab survival kit, please check us out at www.survival-kits.com.au .

Cheers!

SurvivalCentre

top topics

join