It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you thanked a cop today?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I decided to throw together a thread showing how much respect I have for police In general.
I've met a couple of cool cops before, but very few and far between.
So if you are ever in these people's shoes, be sure to thank a cop if you happen to be conscious.

Police brutality is a big problem and seems to be getting worse.
I made this thread to raise awareness.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
All the cops from my home town were punks in high school. They got picked on and beat up. The reason they are dicks today is because people were dicks to them. What a wonderful way to let your rage out!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I thanked a cop when he pulled me over, I thanked him again when he asked me questions on the sidewalk, I thanked him one more time when he tried to trick me into letting him search me without a warrant.

Yep, I thanked a cop today.

*Fiction of course. [but not so far from reality]
edit on 23-4-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Those are some of the best video evidence of how FUBARD our system of policing has become.

And this dog needs to run for President!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminatitanimulli

The only thing that makes me more angry than seeing people in authority abuse their power, is good people like you and I, sitting back and doing nothing about it. When will be the time when we stand together and make a difference? I'm not talking April of '92 status here. I mean, when will we actually organize something on a scale that will actually change the system back to what it was designed to be? I've asked a lot of people this lately, and they've all replied by basically saying that they were just waiting for someone else to kick it off... Who wants to go down in history as a new founding father of a new America?
Peace and Love to all of you willing to fight for it,
Q&A

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Right on. I'll bet that someone, somewhere thanked a cop for picking up his teeth for him.
Maybe I'll make another thread showing brutality against police and call it "paybacks a b# aint it!"

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I loved that video man. Love your Avatar too. "These are not the joints you are looking for".

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
In general, there are two types of people who become cops; guys who were bullies during their adolescence and they want to continue their meaningless power trip, or they were those who got bullied in school and have some pent-up rage that they're looking to outsource. I've had some run-ins with bad seed cops in my time, but most of the police in my home town seemed to be alright. I guess its because I was their defense instructor, either way, I figure cops are like any other people in this world, some are good, most are unnecessary.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I did thank a cop last week when someone tryed to break into my barn i had locked i live out in the country and he was here in 10 mins ..and told me he would patrol the area every hour so i did thank him for that the cops around here are all very nice and polite ive never had a problem with them and ive never heard of any complaints from anyone else..

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

lol! What makes this awesome is someone trained that dog to do that!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
i am thankful when a cop aint around

second line is thankful to.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

haha actually yes, I did.

the alarm went off at my store and the cops showed up 20 minutes later.

i apologized for the false alarm but thanked them for showing up.

cops are just regular ppl and want to go go home to their kids at the end of the day...but there's always the bad cookies who let the power go to their heads. anyways thank you police!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q:1984A:1776

The only thing that makes me more angry than seeing people in authority abuse their power, is good people like you and I, sitting back and doing nothing about it. When will be the time when we stand together and make a difference? I'm not talking April of '92 status here. I mean, when will we actually organize something on a scale that will actually change the system back to what it was designed to be? I've asked a lot of people this lately, and they've all replied by basically saying that they were just waiting for someone else to kick it off... Who wants to go down in history as a new founding father of a new America?
Peace and Love to all of you willing to fight for it,
Q&A

Spoken like a true scholar. I am not just sitting back doing nothing about it. I am organizing as we speak.
Love the avatar by the way

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mactire
In general, there are two types of people who become cops; guys who were bullies during their adolescence and they want to continue their meaningless power trip, or they were those who got bullied in school and have some pent-up rage that they're looking to outsource. I've had some run-ins with bad seed cops in my time, but most of the police in my home town seemed to be alright. I guess its because I was their defense instructor, either way, I figure cops are like any other people in this world, some are good, most are unnecessary.

I dig your point of view.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
No..

I cannot find a place in my heart to actually thank a cop lately..

I respect what they are up against..

but i cannot respect this kind of behavior...

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
My thought has always been if SHTF....

It is not the military I am worried about, but the cops.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
It is awful the way the general folks look at authority, but understandable.

However, if I were a cop, I would get out fast. The world is going to change fast. People are tired of being subjected to the whims of our so called peace keepers. They hurt us and we have no way to prove we are innocent folks.

The police love banging heads. Too much power in the small minds of the police. Our politicians care not how we are treated by the hands of the few.

Unfortunately, I do see that in the future, the police will be battling the garden variety citizen. We are tired. It will be a bloody war..

Does not take a scientist to figure this one out. I'm not one for hurting others, however the people are getting tired. The people will rise against the TPTB.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I'm guessing why most folks view police officers in bad light because every now and then the MSM consistently show the masses videos of suspected and real police brutality. Never do you see videos of nice police officers.

I have nothing against police officers in my area. They behave professionally and that's about it.

Here are some nice cops, too bad not that many around.

Not all cops are bad. They're just human trying to get by. Of course some lose their humanity.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

My thought has always been if SHTF.... It is not the military I am worried about, but the cops.

When SHTF during Katrina, didn't most of the cops abandon their post?

On a side note, I actually saw 2 cops help this guy fix a flat. The guy had hit another car on my street and the cops took the time to help get the spare on. I was pretty impressed. Shows not all cops are bad guys.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Those are some of the best video evidence of how FUBARD our system of policing has become.

And this dog needs to run for President!

hah hah great video! Now those dogs know how to handle cops! I have to give props to the cop though too for not running the dogs over or worse shooting them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join