It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

49 killed in Syrian protests..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
ca.news.yahoo.com...

I believe that makes total death count of protestors well into 500+ (just from articles I've read over last month)..

Do they have to start bombing them with jets before the UN will recognized the atrocities happening and do something to prevent them?....

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

I do wish something would prevent these deaths, death world wide even but as it stands, even if the UN do try to intervene, there will be even more bloodshed.

it's a shame it is always bloodshed that is required to solve problems now days...

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
nothing will be done about it.. :-/

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

As many as 70 people are reported to have been killed in Syria in the bloodiest day since the uprising began, as security forces use live ammunition and tear gas to quell anti-government protests across the country. Activists sent a list naming 70 people from across the country who they said had been killed by security forces during the "Great Friday" protests. Al Jazeera has been unable to confirm the exact number of fatalities.

english.aljazeera.net...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
You notice how this thread has no activity since it's not "atrocities" committed by Israel?! it's almost they expect Arabs to butcher other Arabs...

Oh, and Syria doesn't have oil... so.. no one cares.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ender_shadow
You notice how this thread has no activity since it's not "atrocities" committed by Israel?! it's almost they expect Arabs to butcher other Arabs...

So true.
Last I heard it was 88 protesters dead.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ender_shadow

It is being mentioned, although not many people take interest in Syria

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And Syria DOES have oil

Syria Oil

Syria has produced 140.931 million barrels of light and condensate and heavy oil during 2010 with implementation rate of 105 percent or the rate of 386 thousand barrels per day, with an increase of 9407 barrels per day from 2009.

There is a plan for Syria, and that is why it is being kept intentionally quiet

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

My friend, I hope you are right and someone is going to do something about it... it's extremely sad to hear what's going on there... although, god knows what would happen after Assad falls...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ender_shadow

I'm not entirely sure what is best for the region though.
If by any chance you heard the protestors, they continually cry for the removal of Assad and then a war to free the Golan Heights, much like the cry of the 2 million Muslim brothers rally in Egypt that called for a war with Israel. At least president Assad knows that a direct conflict with Israel will probably lead to the end of the Ba'ath regime, there for he uses proxies. The Sunni on the other hand got nothing to lose politically-wise.
My gut feeling tell me there is a much sinister 'something' encouraged by 'someone' with the latest events in the Arab middle east.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

Neither am I... our region is going to go through a long period of instability now... very dangerous... but I view it as a correction, the region will start being split off based on tribal/religious lines and less artificial state lines... that's the only way (in my view) that stability can be achieved... look at the only places in the ME that are quiet - those are places where a single tribe lives...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

I think bringing Israel up in this thread is both irrelevant and off-topic. The difference with Assad is that he is doing this to his own people. He is not occupying a foreign element and it hasn't been as on-going as Israel-Palestine, therefor it does not get the atention it deserves.
Syria does have crude oil, but of course Syria is not a leading economic power in the region as it's main exporters are Iraq and Germany.
With all that said, just like I had said for weeks prior to the intervention in Libya, this is strictly their internal affair. It is my belief that if Assad's crackdown gradually becomes more brutal, people discotent and dissent will intensify eventually leading to a form of regime change. Other than severe condemnation, diplomatic sanctions and sanctions on the sale of military/police hardware, there is really nothing the international community can/should be doing.
I'm sure no one here wants a repeat of Iraq and I'm sure the majority here on ATS would disaprove of an intervention in Syria as the only intervention that could possibly halt Assad is a occupying ground force. We don't want that now do we?
People need to put trust in the people of Syria to sort out it's own domestic political, economic and social affairs. We don't need another state policing Syria.
edit on 23-4-2011 by SpeachM1litant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

I guess if it were, then the mods would have marked it as such.

Second, Israel is not occupying anyone. The Palestinians have their own parliament for some time, with elections and all.. they are "democratic" only, their version calls for throwing the losers off roofs. And Assad's family are a minority which controls a majority and oppresses them... and THIS is a country that is sitting in the UN's Human "Rights" Council... come on..

I completely agree with you on all points, my original point was that in Libya, the world was quick to intervene, and here, they are not... despite unspeakable horrors this man is doing... but they condemn Israel, who, I remind you, is NOT occupying Gaza (do we agree on that point?) for defending itself against rocket attacks from there... and Libya did nothing to the west now... I think they meddle in there for 2 reasons, the first being oil, but the second being afraid of a ton of refugees that will start pouring into Europe.. they don't fear that from Syria... where would they go? Iraq? Turkey? Jordan? so, we agree, it would be idiotic to invade Syria.

If you'll note, what I wrote at the end of my post was that the ME is starting to correct itself and divide itself based on the more natural lines of tribalism which is still the dominant factor in this region... that was more relevant to the Syrian topic I believe

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Second, Israel is not occupying anyone. The Palestinians have their own parliament for some time, with elections and all.. they are "democratic" only, their version calls for throwing the losers off roofs. And Assad's family are a minority which controls a majority and oppresses them... and THIS is a country that is sitting in the UN's Human "Rights" Council... come on..

I think you may have misunderstood what I meant by occupation. By that I meant the occupation outside of June 1967 borders and the presence of the military in any illegal jewish settlements. However this is not the topic of the thread, so further than this I won't be discussing Israel-Palestine with you. If you wish to do so, you know I'll be open for debate in another thread relavant to Israel-Palestine.
I agree with you on the fact that Assad is a minority which control a majority and oppresses them. There's nothing incorrect with that statement and frankly I dislike him and his father.

I completely agree with you on all points, my original point was that in Libya, the world was quick to intervene, and here, they are not... despite unspeakable horrors this man is doing... but they condemn Israel, who, I remind you, is NOT occupying Gaza (do we agree on that point?) for defending itself against rocket attacks from there

The world had many reason to intervene in Libya. However I can confidently tell you they are not humanitarian. However this is going off topic. I have done alot of research into Libya and I would gladly discuss causes and effects with you in another thread.
Once again Israel is irrelevant to this subject. I will gladly debate you in one of the many Israel-Palestine threads. I do agree with you on the point that Gaza is not occupied by Israel, however I don't see it as clean cut as you say. It basically is one big prison, but that is not the subject of this thread so if you wish to debate this I'll gladly do so in another thread.

and Libya did nothing to the west now... I think they meddle in there for 2 reasons, the first being oil, but the second being afraid of a ton of refugees that will start pouring into Europe.. they don't fear that from Syria... where would they go? Iraq? Turkey? Jordan? so, we agree, it would be idiotic to invade Syria.

Libya dosen't have to do anything to the West now. There is a new "public" explination for interventions that goes far beyond the merits of the War Against Communism and The War on Terrorism. This new explanation can be defined as "humanitarian". This was explored by Clinton(a democrat) in Yugoslavia, Somalia ect. Before Bush(a republican) took over with his War on Terror and now Obama(a democrat- see the patern) is once again exploring the humanitarian military intervention which to me seems like a oxymoron. Both of us know however that this is just a guise for profit making.
The reasons behind the intervention is Libya are vast. Believe me when I say it goes far beyond oil(Libya has been secluded from multi-nationals, the IMF ect for a long time. They are a vast market waiting to be exploited) However I don't wish to hijack this thread a discuss that just now. Although I have done alot of research into this and I would gladly discuss what I found with you if you desired to know)
Yes we agree. It would be idiotic to invade Syria.

Neither am I... our region is going to go through a long period of instability now... very dangerous... but I view it as a correction, the region will start being split off based on tribal/religious lines and less artificial state lines... that's the only way (in my view) that stability can be achieved... look at the only places in the ME that are quiet - those are places where a single tribe lives...

I definetely agree with you on this. The lines drawn up by the British in much of the Middle East and North Africa are definetely un-natrual. I believe that the re-shaping of the maps amongst tribal/religous lines is inevitable unless we see an enthusiastic wave of nationalism- possibly provided by a foreign occupation or a re-apearance(I doubt it) of pan-arabism. I think that if the West dosen't send ground forces into Libya then we will soon see the country split unless Qadhafi can regain national control, he dosen't seem to be as powerfull as he was before the NATO intervention. So it is my prediction that the Eastern and Southern tribes will split from the Western tribes. It is also my belief that the Southern tribes and possibly the Eastern tribes will harbour far more radicals than the East.
This could also spread to much of the Middle East and to me it seems to me that it will work both to stabalize and de-stabalize the Middle East.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
History is past.

What is happening is now. The Syrian ruler had committed murder, as well as his troops, upon his own people. Justice is inevitable. Even he and his fiends escape's humanity's wrath, they will still have to face divine justice, sooner or later. Those who make dialogues impossible, makes war inevitable.

Thousands of our innocent fellow human brothers and sisters had sacrificed themselves earlier in such turmoils today, so that we may learn and not make the same mistakes again.

We had seen what happened in Tunisia, whereby the leader fled, in Egypt, whereby the murderer is now held behind bars, and will soon see the leader and his minions in Libya beheaded for their crimes against their own people and humanity.

Let not the sacrifices of our brothers and sisters be in vain. They had only been seeking what we want - common aspirations in life - peace, justice, equality, prosperity, freedom and progress through non-violent means but only to be met with violence by leaders, worse when it came from so called muslim leaders or clerics.

True Islam had never needed the involvement of clerics, leaders or any middleman as visioned by the good and last prophet on Earth, blessed be his name, Muhammad.

He left no successors nor had intended to, even though he had all the time in the world to do so. It was not meant to be, for he preached a form of society whereby each man takes responsibility for his own actions judged by only Allah, a personal communication between him and our common Creator, on his own free will to ensure all mankind progress and evolve based upon teachings from the Koran, which is made up of the jewish old testament, the new, as well as the good prophet's experiences during his lifetime and era.

But such philosophies were far too advance for simple nomads to comprehend, despite the prophet's many years to teach them. Human flaws proved far too intractable to change overnight and he died a disappointed man even for all they glory and hope he had, for even before his body turn cold, greedy and corrupted men seized power and rule till today.

And even today, the good prophet's philosophy of governance is still too advance for even for modern man, let alone ill educated imans and arabs. Fortunately, those whom had been given true divine guidance, had shown how a sacred Constitution would help humanity, first brought into this world by courageous american forefathers, and later by the creation of the UN whom had founded HUMAN RIGHTS, based upon majority of the original 1776 document, and accepted by all in the world.

It forms the basis whereby we humans of all differences can co-exist, to achieve our common aspirations in life. And today, it is those aspirations that the arab as well as humanity at large soon are seeking. Even though extremists will attempt to take advantage of the situation, many more humans, muslims or not, will realize those leaders and religions do not hold the solutions to their woes, ....

......but only more bloodshed, as the palestinians now realized despite more propaganda by the grown fat idle hisbollahs and hamas whom lived upon charity unconscionably from well wishes donation to the our palestinian brothers and sisters, to ensure war lasts forever so that they need not do any day of honest labour.

May both the rulers and the rebellion leaders of the Syrian, Yemani or any other states take a pause to stop further bloodshed. Enough of our fellow human brothers and sisters lay dead. Each life is precious and means something special to someone else.

Everything can be negotiated, so long as honesty, integrity and sincerity with no time delays are offered. It is still not too late to discuss and debate before the inevitable violence starts, but at least, let all options for peace made avaliable so that all may live, stand a chance........

edit on 23-4-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

Hey Speach,

Yeah, his father actually died a week before my wedding, I remember hearing about it... but his dad would have butchered many more by now.. I seem to recall his father killed about 20 or 30 thousand muslims in Al-Hama in the 80's...

I do hope that the region would stabilize... but you are forgetting the French also had a hand in the problems here, I would just blame the Brits
I agree with you about the tribalism, but I honestly don't know much about Libya to comment about your thoughts, I do think however, that pan-arabism is dead... it has died a long time ago and I don't see it coming back...

Last night they showed on TV how Syrian soldiers just open fire on these poor people... standing not 5 feet away from them... it was horrendous... from what I read, there have been 350 people killed just yesterday... it's just sad.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Ahhh.

And another beautiful flower of Islam opens.

You Syrian dogs will get what you deserve.

new topics

top topics

join