It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One user who's had enough for the moment...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mclaneinc
Those that just say they belief are fine but when you challenge others about believing your stories then if you can't prove it then please just don't bother.

I can get this, and also think it's a shame, because these things can sometimes inspire others, as long as people aren't making out they can fully define the experience(s), or attaching belief systems onto them that they think others should follow. I probably wouldn't have thought anything about it before I had a weird experience the other night, (I posted about seeing a city for a couple of seconds and a ship, but the thread was bogged down eventually because I was negative about science. I stated nothing about whether or not it was real either and still have no clue what happened, maybe I was just dosing off to sleep with an over-active imagination, but I can't be sure so can't label it.) but now I can sympathise with others wanting to share that type of thing.

Agreed that it causes problems though, and I think it sucks that you're leaving. Can also agree that most of the stuff here is junk a lot of the time, especially related to hoaxes that have several threads posted about them over the course of days, etc. But even though that's the case I think that's part of what we do, and worth it when there's a good thread every now and then, it seems to make all the annoyance of sifting through crap pay off in one moment.

So have a good one with whatever you're doing, but if you have a decent idea for a thread or feel like checking what's going on just incase, remember to stop by.
edit on 21-4-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by venusstarlite
reply to post by Charizard

,My dear friend,I,have seen the videos on the spiral things,seen in the skies all over the middle east.I,personally think,they are some kind of missiles. People think they are space ships,now there is a lot of things in the skies ,can't be explained. God created everything,we don't know what all he has created.The universal,of the heavens is so fast.Anything can be out there,we are still learning.I love science,and how things work.Also how the universe is expanding.There has to be a purpose for all things,Only God our creator,knows all about it. God said he made man in their image.He was talking about,him self and Jesus....and the rest we don't know.....We know about ANGELS,A HEAVEN AND PLANETS,STARS,JESUS,GOD,ANIMALS,SO THERE PROBABLY IS MORE.When Jesus comes we will know all truths and his wonders of creation of the universe.

Must be a bot...

Has to be..

If you're not a bot, please reply to me saying "No sir, I'm not a bot"

Edit:

Random cr@p like this hurts threads. Does ATS have a bot problem?? Seeing so many random comments from newish members. Or are they new members just trying to reach 20 posts?? Grrr

This is part of the problem.
edit on 21-4-2011 by dsm1664 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by dsm1664

If you are talking about me,I,am not a bot or a moron,lol.....your picture is a fake tho.......I,do believe in my bible,you don't have to,my friend,believe in what i,posted.But when Jesus comes people will be frighten.
,Jesus said,they made fun of him,first,so don;t be surprised when we are made fun up.If it makes you feel happy to make fun of me,go ahead,have a good laugh.I,will keep believing Jesus is coming back,from the skies,to Jerusalem to rule. Just like the NEW JERUSALEM WILL COME TO THE EARTH.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crutchley29
Your first problem was trying to convince yourself you would find any genuine thought provoking posts in the UFO forum...which has always been absolute trash.

Wahey, man the alarms, we have another........actually, what do we have? A shill? A professor of physics that wouldn't risk tarnishing his career by even thinking about the possibility of UFO's or ET's being real? Maybe someone filled with fear of the unknown? Or just someone who hasn't taken the time to check out the good threads too?

There's some good stuff here, stop being lame. It's a pile of lead, but there are little bits of gold here and there.

edit : damnit, just seen you're from manchester too. Please tell me you're not a utd fan on top of being ignorant. "You'll never walk alone." if so, and I hope the bitters beat your lot on saturday.
edit on 21-4-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by venusstarlite

Your posts are totally irrelevant to the topic, well actually no, they're exactly what we are discussing.

Why do you feel the need to post random comments? Wouldn't you be better targeting your comments to a better demographic, based on the thread at hand?

edit on 21-4-2011 by dsm1664 because: sp

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Click here for more information.

Moderator note: Please be civil and polite when addressing other members.
edit on 29-6-2011 by dbates because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zombielander
[Snip]

Wait... wait how did you get your 20 replies...Oh the same way....
edit on 21-4-2011 by Zombielander because: (no reason given)

Haha! Wow, looks like you're in a seriously bad mood and totally overreacting to this thread. I'll leave you anyway, haven't slept properly in a while and am no good in an argument. So if you flame me in response : you win.
edit on 29-6-2011 by dbates because: Removed quoted text

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by dsm1664

Oh,you want me brain washed,lol,do your command,dear sir,I,am not a bot,does that make you feel better.You,are making fun of me and calling me a child.You aren't my father,You can't order someone here to do something.I,respected you,why can't you respect me? We all have our beliefs and views.You can have yours and we can have ours.I,will not stoop to your level.I,am 54 years old,I,don't play children games.I,am in reality,not fantasy. I,only deal in truth and facts,the best I,can. I,check facts with the bible and real truth and facts,about our world and science,and creation.I,believe God created the heavens and earth.Now things ,do change.But God doesn't,his word is truth and factual. Everyday,they are finding truth and factual evidence of things and people in the bible. Its your right to believe in what you want.Now,there might be creatures(aliens),we won't know, until its proven. I,love science,I,like searching for new things,and learning about our world and universe. Knowledge,is wonderful.We must have a open mind on all things,that's how we learn.
,also

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Zombielander

No, my 20 posts were made up of logic applied contributions to the topics being discussed.

Sod it, Mclaneinc I'm leaving with you. Looks like your post brought out the unbalanced.

(going to have a little cry now)

edit on 21-4-2011 by dsm1664 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Hitoshura

Who said I was in a Bad mood.....Mmmmm....
Funny thing is I'm not...Sorry..
Just speaking my mind. about the first post and then read what you posted...
And didn't understand it....About the 20.

"Unbalanced" Oh so now your better then us.
edit on 21-4-2011 by Zombielander because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Oh,by the way,I,am a college graduate to,in medicine,I,have a Associate degree,in medical administration,Also a supervisor in shelters and family service,for RED CROSS.I,had to study,weather,and medical things.I,am far from being dumb,lol. I,am also a nurse.Now in a wheelchair,with leukaemia.I,like debating,but in nice ways. I,don't push what I,say.I,just state fats and the truth ,the best I,know about.If,I,don't know about the subject,I,would go and learn about it.Then give a statement on what I, think the answer is to it.I,was just saying,there could maybe be aliens,I,don't know.Also,I,heard people,say that people may think,When Jesus comes back from the sky,people would be scared or think,he was a alien.We don't know what Jesus will look like.The bible gave us clues in revelations..I,wasn't preaching,the bible to you.You went fool,not me.lol,well,you are leaving everyone else alone. I,have big shoulders.So,if you think you can brain wash people have fun,Also I,am not unstable.You just can't handle people stating facts,if they don't match to your thoughts.That's okay,different views are great to have. But please respect me,I,am not a bot,or dumb.I,didn't call you names.If someone can prove,there are aliens,I really would like to see it.Like I,said,I,love unknown and science things.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by dsm1664

Exhibit A.

Is this a Bot or a moron?

Its a boron.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

I hang out in the UFO forum and a few others but the UFO side used to be my one area I enjoyed the most, sadly I'm so tired of sifting through the mass of manure to find one or two interesting posts. Youtube may have made video's more easy to find but the content is so seriously fake these days it's hardly worth the look when you see a video. Between this and the semi professional hoaxers who now inhabit the forum trying to push fakes as being real for their own agenda has made the forum awkward reading. There are some fine posters who inhabit here, in no order and there's many who I have left out due to memory I salute Easynow, Issac koi, Weedwhacker, Gortex, Phage, Zorgon and many others who somehow hold their breath and still continue to post fine articles, there's also some brilliant new people posting great stuff and I beg those that lurk to think about making articles if you have any idea's, this place needs great input, anyone can make this happen if they believe they have a good point to make.
......................I,am following,this thread,he thinks people are doing fakes here and real things,I,said,I agree with him,and people will think Jesus is a alien,or fake.I,am saying I,won't think he is a alien or fake.He is truth.And the people in the bible aren't aliens,they were humans.But biblical people even believed in aliens to,that was what I,WAS SAYING...Also there were dinosaurs,back then,I,think you really think there wasn't or was you saying it as a joke,to get get people talking?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Also,I,am not a newbie,I,have posted way over 20,lol.I,write reply's on a lot of different topics if they interest me.I,only write truths and facts,the best I,can.If I,can't find truth or facts,I,don't write.,That 20 don't mean nothing to me anyhow.You take so serious,in debates.I,am here to learn facts and truths,not fakes.That's what I,am trying to say.I,am not a bot,thank you,check my profile out........

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by venusstarlite

How deliciously ironic....

....in a thread bemoaning the deterioration of a Forum (and, in general, the crumbling of quality, the eroding of what the former ATS once was), we have your contributions....perfect examples!!

Clap.

Clap.

Clap.

I could not agree more with the OP.....so, I must hasten off, to bestow honors in recognition of a thread well-done..........

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MiTS1965

You aren't playing nice,like they said to do here.Why do you talk(call People names) not cool. God don't like ungly talk.Also this thread didn't bring out borons.............

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I,am going to a different thread,this thread is cruel.Sorry,my friend,that original, thread er.You just was stating you were leaving for awhile,because of all the fakes.Good luck,there will be good ones ,hope soon,some real alien stuff.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

For the OP.......

Just a thought, after scanning through the "Recent Posts" page. If you haven't already run off, in abject misery and disappointment.....

.....There are a ton of older, but dormant threads in THIS forum (and others, of course) that can be very intriguing to read...but, for whatever reason, have languished in obscurity and disuse.

Energies can be re-directed, re-focused in some cases, as new information can be contributed perhaps....meanwhile, the "new" threads that appear at the top? Quick scan, look through to assess, and when they are garbage....DON'T POST IN THEM!!!!

Kind of a sort of triage idea.....

(This is for everyone who cares....I know, the temptation is high but, think....even if it is only to express your disgust at the stupidity and waste of an obviously idiotic concept and opening post....each time, it just attracts more responses....see?)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Zombielander

A wonderful example of the continuing low-quality and obtuse posts we've seen lately. And what a sad state of affairs we have found ourselves in where articulate, well-constructed posts, intelligence and education are targets for ridicule.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Sadly my head can't take the "I have an insider", "I'm in contact with X race", I'm a channeller but I can never give real details because that's how it is" and the other various frauds (in MY opinion) who peddle their unproven & illogical beliefs, I'm fed up with people pushing religion in the UFO threads, there's no connection if you look at the logical facts!

Then why are you reading those threads? Have you started any of your own threads that are up to your HIGH standards?

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join