It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One user who's had enough for the moment...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
When in doubt vote with your feet I say, and I'm seriously in doubt of the quality of the forums these days.

I hang out in the UFO forum and a few others but the UFO side used to be my one area I enjoyed the most, sadly I'm so tired of sifting through the mass of manure to find one or two interesting posts. Youtube may have made video's more easy to find but the content is so seriously fake these days it's hardly worth the look when you see a video.

Between this and the semi professional hoaxers who now inhabit the forum trying to push fakes as being real for their own agenda has made the forum awkward reading. There are some fine posters who inhabit here, in no order and there's many who I have left out due to memory I salute Easynow, Issac koi, Weedwhacker, Gortex, Phage, Zorgon and many others who somehow hold their breath and still continue to post fine articles, there's also some brilliant new people posting great stuff and I beg those that lurk to think about making articles if you have any idea's, this place needs great input, anyone can make this happen if they believe they have a good point to make.

Sadly my head can't take the "I have an insider", "I'm in contact with X race", I'm a channeller but I can never give real details because that's how it is" and the other various frauds (in MY opinion) who peddle their unproven & illogical beliefs, I'm fed up with people pushing religion in the UFO threads, there's no connection if you look at the logical facts!

Let us remember that dinosaurs don't exist!

Those that just say they belief are fine but when you challenge others about believing your stories then if you can't prove it then please just don't bother.

The last straw has been the continuous refusal for posters to search, many blame the search system but I've found that a few keywords reveal most topics, those using the excuse "I don't know if this has been posted before" should be a little ashamed of themselves WHEN there's 5 plus entries in the current top threads on the first page of the forum.

So I bid you all farewell for a while, I'm not a clique poster nor want to be, I simply enjoyed posting, keeping it factual and honest and have really enjoyed the kindness and quality of some posters.

So thanks, I hope things pick up, I seriously beg the mods and admin to rethink the posting system and any merits gained for posters so that it works both ways, people posting for stars and flag get points off for failing to meet the criteria.

I know its a business for Springer etc, I know clicks pay but the bottom line is that a forum / site has to be seen to be helping the users and keeping the spam at bay, even if the same spam of sorts is paying the bill.

Paul...
edit on 21-4-2011 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
So, you wont post...but you will lurk. Guaranteed.

You know you will.....ats is legalized coke.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Sorry to hear that.

I just joined up because this place seemed so cool to me.

But what do I know...

I'll trade ya some of my optimsim for a little bit of your experience...seems we both need it.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

Maybe, I still have a great sense of want for the forum but I also get irritated as well..

Who knows...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl
Sorry to hear that.

I just joined up because this place seemed so cool to me.

But what do I know...

I'll trade ya some of my optimsim for a little bit of your experience...seems we both need it.

Partygirl,

when you hit the number of posts to make a thread you get right in there and get involved, I'm in no way thrying to put people off and as seen in my post I'm begging new talent to lead the way..

You keep that optimism high partygirl, you get the place grooving

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Your first problem was trying to convince yourself you would find any genuine thought provoking posts in the UFO forum...which has always been absolute trash.

I do understand however, that ATS has reduced in overall quality over the past few years, especially with all the 2012 nonsense, Nibiru etc etc, most of the posts concerning these topics come from 2010-2011 members. which is telling.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mclaneinc

Maybe, I still have a great sense of want for the forum but I also get irritated as well..

Who knows...

If you only knew how many points I was penalized for pissed off comments towards the Russian alien video threads the past two days......I don't let it guide my interests though. Take a day off, then come back...I enjoy your posts, and the hardcore ats members need to support this site. Don't let the trolls dictate your beliefs.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

I bet this thread will disappear before you do..

Many are feeling the same...

Always better in the old days..

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

well my friend u said a nose, errr I mean mouthful there

And I hope the OP doesn't go thru with it.
Quality members we need to keep

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Also, the thing I love about this site is even though it has been a cesspool of crap in recent months, it still gives me my couple hours of escape, and what if's. I don't know how to explain it, but I know if I don't get my ats time in for the day, I cant sleep.

And I'm not kidding. You people know who you are.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
It is depressing, isn't it? I'm obviously no veteran, but I read the site for a good while before joining, and I've been interested in UFOs most of my life. I remember when I first started to browse Youtube for UFO clips. In the beginning it wasn't bad. There was some neat stuff on there and a lot of classic UFO footage. But now it's all "obvious CGI" and "distant, shaky light in pitch-black sky set to creepy and/or generally bad music".

I've gotten to the point where I don't even look at threads here unless they have a star/flag count that matches or outnumbers the amount of posts on the thread, and I've even gotten to the point where I immediately read the comments before even watching the video so I don't waste time watching what's probably an obvious hoax or airplane.

Sadly it seems that 95% of UFO videos these days are "light in the night sky" and there's just SO much stuff in our airspace these days (meteors, air traffic, RC planes with LED lights, Chinese Lanterns, flares taped to balloons, nighttime skydivers with flares, satellites, etc), combined with ever-evolving CGI technology that's readily available to joe blow who's looking for e-fame and bored teenage kid, it's just hard to believe anything these days..

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

well my friend u said a nose, errr I mean mouthful there

And I hope the OP doesn't go thru with it.
Quality members we need to keep

BD saint replied to me. That in itself is why I don't let the trolls get the best of me. The core members always put things into perspective, which keeps me level headed,

I agree with you BD saint....he can't just give up. Or else the trollerists win.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

I agree !!

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I,agree! I,like facts and truths.Also to learn when something is proven true about things.Truth is news,not fake stuff.People would go to the threads when they see the people state and show profs,or Try to find truth and facts.Life isn't a game.

edit on 21-4-2011 by venusstarlite because: thread,i spelled it wrong.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Mate, I hear you.

When I first started coming here, the posts were great, now they have diluted way too much.

I started a thread yesterday looking into ways of adding additional categories into threads. Such as adding references into titles, sub-forums, maybe keyword tags.

Time for some order, don't you think?

Instead of backing off and letting this forum go down the pan, let’s think of some way we can improve things.

If people like you go, all we'll have left is cr@p.

The reason I still stick it out here is amongst the big pile of poo are some gems.

I try now and again, but I don't have that much spare time to research.

Please stay.

edit on 21-4-2011 by dsm1664 because: sp

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I'm a #ing space eagle, I will track you down, trust me.

So many damn people being drama queens, how many threads like this so far?
edit on 21-4-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

I,just thought about something.When Jesus comes back,People will think he is a ALIEN,because he came from the heavens.Also in the HOLY BIBLE,there are many quotes about prophets going to the sky. So,in a matter of speaking,since bible times,there has been things seen in the skies.We will most certainly see Jesus coming on a cloud,and also see the NEW JERUSALEM,COMING OUT OF THE HEAVENS. When JESUS comes it will scare,unbelievers. Thanks for listening.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by venusstarlite

I,just thought about something.When Jesus comes back,People will think he is a ALIEN,because he came from the heavens.Also in the HOLY BIBLE,there are many quotes about prophets going to the sky. So,in a matter of speaking,since bible times,there has been things seen in the skies.We will most certainly see Jesus coming on a cloud,and also see the NEW JERUSALEM,COMING OUT OF THE HEAVENS. When JESUS comes it will scare,unbelievers. Thanks for listening.

Speaking of trollerists.......this has nothing to do with the topic. Jesus should have informed you better.
edit on 21-4-2011 by amongus because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-4-2011 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by venusstarlite

Exhibit A.

Is this a Bot or a moron?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Charizard

,My dear friend,I,have seen the videos on the spiral things,seen in the skies all over the middle east.I,personally think,they are some kind of missiles. People think they are space ships,now there is a lot of things in the skies ,can't be explained. God created everything,we don't know what all he has created.The universal,of the heavens is so fast.Anything can be out there,we are still learning.I love science,and how things work.Also how the universe is expanding.There has to be a purpose for all things,Only God our creator,knows all about it. God said he made man in their image.He was talking about,him self and Jesus....and the rest we don't know.....We know about ANGELS,A HEAVEN AND PLANETS,STARS,JESUS,GOD,ANIMALS,SO THERE PROBABLY IS MORE.When Jesus comes we will know all truths and his wonders of creation of the universe.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join