It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Gets Arrested For Making Joke In New York City

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I would like to see how cops would do without their guns and uniforms.

Masks give people the ability to do so many things they wouldn't do otherwise.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Nefarious

that is the only video anyone has to watch, excusing or denial after watching that means we have people in denial, people who want to be slaves with no freedoms, only the ability to do what they are told to do and when to do it.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWOnoworldorder
i didnt say he was arrested for not moving he was arrested for not handing over his id, the reasons officers ask for id when dealing with someone on the street is that if that person assualted an officer and ran away then the officer knows his name..its basic police proceedure when dealing with someone who has the potential to become irrate r may start trouble..and up until that point the officers had reason to believe this to be the case as the man was being verbally abusive to the officers....

now had he just handed over his ID then the officer may have just warned him and moved him on..but look closley at the video the man pulls out his ID and pretends to hand it to the officer, the officer puts out his hand to take it and the man swipes it back....so he was taunting the officer, he had the ID in his hand why not just hand it over?

he was then asked repeatedly to let the officer look at his ID and he refused..so was then preusmably arrested for non-compliance and taken out of the situation....

i think the officers were probably a bit OTT...but when they ask u to remove urself from a situation that has nothing to do with u..u just do it and save all the aggro....

I can't imagine what types of assult the jokester in the video was planning out. Enlighten me.

If the guy was about to commit an assault as you imply, then they should arrest him first and get his ID later on. If they don't have enough to arrest him with before they ask for his ID, then they should not have enough to go on to arrest him for the express reason of not showing an ID (as per our freedom of speech).

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nefarious
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

Then you encourage people to be required to obey police regardless of the legality of the police request/behavior? And you condone the relinquishing of free speech at the whim of a police officer? So when police show up, say at a protest in WI, and demand they disperse you're all for anyone who disobeys to be jailed, drug through the justice system, and labeled a criminal, yes? Granted this isn't WI below, but here is what your approval will provide us:

If you request a police state do you understand what a police state is?

ok lets not blow this all out of proportion here....

fisrstly frredom of speech yes all for it...however if ur interfering when a cop is trying to do his job and he has asked u to move away, and u start shouting abuse then yes they have a right to stop u and ask for ur ID...

had a man been walking down a street talking and shouting the officers would just drive by....he was INGECTING himself into that situation and was warned to move on....

and yes we have to obey the law..thats what its there for...if everyone didnt obey the law and there wasnt officers the world would be in chaos...people would do what they pleased without fear of consequence...

i mean its not that if say u were stabbed and the man ran away and the cops were called and helped u, and found the man..the cops would be ok then right? because they helped you....

but helping us isnt the only part of thier job, its also ENFORCING the law....

as for the WI thing well thats a diff situation right there as that is an enfringment on free speech and basic human rights....

this man was warned...and he didnt comply with police proceedure therefor he was arrested....

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by civilchallenger

if you are going to have a debate with me id rather u didnt twist my words...i was explaining the reasons why officers ask for id, i never sed the man was going to assualt an officer i sed that with the way he was being verbally abusive to the officers would warrant the fact that they may think that the situation could escalate up to an assualt....thats why they ask for id....

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Rule number 5-- dont let the dellusional side of your brain take over.When asked for i.d. from the police,any attempts to walk away without showing the i.d. will fail miserably.This undoubedtly will lead to the same result as the other rules do--getting your ass kicked,tasered,jailed,fined or all of the above.If you can avoid rule number 5,you can be sitting someplace very soon with a cold vodka .If you fail at avoiding rule number 5--that option wont be available.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Ok this vid just shows how messed up some things are. I didn't even know it was illegal to ride your bike on the sidewalk and you can get fined for it, so I google'd it up and yup it seems it's an actual law and not only in N.Y.
newyorkcriminaldefenseblawg.com... 04/the-law-on-bicycles-on-the-sidewalk-in-new-york-city/

I'll stay away from bashing the cops, because it's been done, and also it's pretty obvious this is a bureaucratic implemented problem and possible a NWO stratagem of slowly implementing bull # laws and putting pressure on the cops and citizens to follow the status they set up, for obvious reason's such as control, and to create situations such as what that vid shows.

Basically you slowly putt enough pressure on the system both cops and citizens and with enough bull# laws that make no sense and to instigate situations, and something will happen eventually, even something as silly as a guy riding his bike on the sidewalk to get to the street, and getting a ticket for it. And when # reaches a boiling point and chaos ensues you declare marshal law and send in the troops and mercenaries and spin the situation however you want for the masses on the tube. And it makes sense that such a thing would start to happen is cities like NY there is plenty to work with in such cities, and from there it just spreads to a town near you eventually.

So if you all are going to argue about something you might want to argue about who instigates and setts up and regulates such stupid laws and pressures, or is it just a flaw in a outdated system. Arguing about a cop and what he did or didn't do or if he is a good cop or bad cop or whatever is kind of a mutt point, at the end cops are just people doing there jobs, and prone to being anything and everything any other person is with or without a badge. It's obvious something is slowly happening within the system, and there is no point to get all worked up over something unless your sure it actually is the cause of the problem, arguing about the symptoms and trying to fix the symptoms is stupid, you got to go to the core of it and see what is up, to even begin to get anything done or even understand it.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
This would be normal in the UK.
Cops almost goad you into being arrested... you can't chat back or talk to someone who is being questioned or arrested.

It's really over the top man..... like talking to someone is an offence?

:shk:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by civilchallenger

i didnt say he was arrested for not moving he was arrested for not handing over his id, the reasons officers ask for id when dealing with someone on the street is that if that person assualted an officer and ran away then the officer knows his name..its basic police proceedure when dealing with someone who has the potential to become irrate r may start trouble..and up until that point the officers had reason to believe this to be the case as the man was being verbally abusive to the officers....

now had he just handed over his ID then the officer may have just warned him and moved him on..but look closley at the video the man pulls out his ID and pretends to hand it to the officer, the officer puts out his hand to take it and the man swipes it back....so he was taunting the officer, he had the ID in his hand why not just hand it over?

he was then asked repeatedly to let the officer look at his ID and he refused..so was then preusmably arrested for non-compliance and taken out of the situation....

i think the officers were probably a bit OTT...but when they ask u to remove urself from a situation that has nothing to do with u..u just do it and save all the aggro....

I can't imagine what types of assult the jokester in the video was planning out. Enlighten me.

If the guy was about to commit an assault as you imply, then they should arrest him first and get his ID later on. If they don't have enough to arrest him with before they ask for his ID, then they should not have enough to go on to arrest him for the express reason of not showing an ID (as per our freedom of speech).

also other reasons for askin for ID is so the officers can check if there are any outstanding warrants...the officers have every right to know who they are dealing with ...just the way it is and that doesnt infringe on freedom of speech...

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

the cops were chasing after him, he was walking away, when they chased after him he stopped and came back, he wanted to know what law he had broken, they would'nt tell him, so why should he give ID? he was repeatedly prevented from walking away, the cops wanted to arrest him to teach him a lesson, nothing more.

they guy was not threatening to the biker at all, and was walking away, going down the street, totally the opposite of somebody who may commit a potential assualt.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I'm a little late to the party, but what exactly did the guy even say?
I just heard him and the guy on the bike joke about training wheels, after that it was hard to make out what was being said.

Anybody want to enlighten me?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11

the cops were chasing after him, he was walking away, when they chased after him he stopped and came back, he wanted to know what law he had broken, they would'nt tell him, so why should he give ID? he was repeatedly prevented from walking away, the cops wanted to arrest him to teach him a lesson, nothing more.

they guy was not threatening to the biker at all, and was walking away, going down the street, totally the opposite of somebody who may commit a potential assualt.

polices officers have the right to stop anyone on the street and search them, they also have the right to stop anyone and enquire who they are..name, address, date of birth...they also have the right to see your ID to confirm who u are wether or not an arrest is going to take place, they also stand outside nightclubs and have the right to search ur handbangs and pockets, now im not saying that the officers here werent OTT they were however had the man just walked away instead of mouthin off that would have been fine, he clearly shouted at the officer which made him get out the car, and walk after him in order to obtain his ID....

thats how it works here in the uk....

you guys moan about officers askin for your ID yet u have an illigitimate president in the whitehouse....maybe ur prioritys are all wrong....the officers are doing as they are instructed to do...perhaps getting on at the organ grinder rather than the monkeys is what needs to happen.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

polices officers have the right to stop anyone on the street and search them, they also have the right to stop anyone and enquire who they are..name, address, date of birth...they also have the right to see your ID to confirm who u are wether or not an arrest is going to take place, they also stand outside nightclubs and have the right to search ur handbangs and pockets, now im not saying that the officers here werent OTT they were however had the man just walked away instead of mouthin off that would have been fine, he clearly shouted at the officer which made him get out the car, and walk after him in order to obtain his ID.... thats how it works here in the uk....

yes they have the right to ask, but people have the right to decline unless a) the officer has reasonable suspicion's or you have actually commited an offense. anyone being searched other than that have more than likely CONSENTED to it. thats does not mean everybody else HAVE to.

usually the officer will tell you under what law or section, before doing the search, if they just stop me and just ask can i search your bag, i have a right to decline.

anyway if your version of how it works is true and i am wrong then we are ALL already living in a police state.
more than likely because people kept making excuses for over the top measures which infringed on freedoms and privacy and the right to be assumed innocent untill proven guilty, which is the opposite way around these days.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Ok friends I have mentioned this kind of thing before as to why they can do what they want, to you and almost everyone in America, how ever there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and you can prevent this from ever happening to you.

The reason you have no rights, and the solution to help free your family from this kind of political abuse can be found at the following links.

www.pacinlaw.org

www.notmygovernment.com

Good luck to us all, for we are truly facing one of the most dangerous times in American history, and possible the world.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

reply to post by civilchallenger

if you are going to have a debate with me id rather u didnt twist my words...i was explaining the reasons why officers ask for id, i never sed the man was going to assualt an officer i sed that with the way he was being verbally abusive to the officers would warrant the fact that they may think that the situation could escalate up to an assualt....thats why they ask for id....

Hey, you're the one who connected the concept of assault with the showing of an ID, so if that is twisting words its your fault. So, I claim innocence on that. And, I absolutely agree not to twist any words, so hopefully we can move on now that I've agreed not to do that. I'd really rather just "have a conversation" where we both learn things rather than than "a debate" where we argue things, so hopefully we can do that.

What did the bystander say that was verbal abuse? Why should verbal abuse require an ID to be shown?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
You cannot decline to show your i.d. to a police officer for any reason.You cant decline to take a breathalyyzer test either for any reason.You can decline to keep your mouth shut when a police officer is in the midst of doing his job and you have no involvement whatsoever.You can decline practically begging the police to lock you up because you are obstructing the peace and being a jackass.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeenieWeenie
IMO, ALL cops should attend and graduate from the Official Sheriff Andy Taylor police academy before being set loose on the public.

No kidding.

I'm afraid those days are over though. The DHS has rolled into town now.

Thanks for the laugh though.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
I always thought cops are supposed to protect us?

So why do I feel more nervous walking by a cop in my neighborhood than a bum, or a drug dealer, a gang banger?

Your perspective of cops is dependent on where you live, not what you do.

Who's going to protect us from the cops?

Thats just it, the cops are not here to protect us..they are only here to maintain order, period.
What a joke, this cop had no business even messing with that guy. What kind of country do we live in now? First amendment rights violation anyone?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by brindle
You can decline to keep your mouth shut when a police officer is in the midst of doing his job and you have no involvement whatsoever.

A police officer's job is to protect the law. At least that's what it's supposed to be. Check the Bill of Rights. Free speech is listed there. It doesn't say anything about shutting up if a cop's in a bad mood. The bottom line is cops, are pigs. Which means they are selfish and will abuse the law and take advantage of their position when they feel so inclined.

Rather than being able to arrest someone and send them to jail for mouthing off, those cops need to be the ones put behind bars. They aren't doing their job, they are NOT protecting the law, and they are punishing innocent people for exercising their constitutional rights.

That'll never happen though, because all the other cops and everyone who works at the PD are their buddies and wouldn't dare think of putting one of these corrupt bastards where they belong.
It disgusts me that any civilian would dare defend their behavior, as demonstrated in the OP.

Are you even from the US, or are you from one of those European nanny states that's already had its balls broken hundreds of years ago?
edit on 16-4-2011 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

Originally posted by brindle
You can decline to keep your mouth shut when a police officer is in the midst of doing his job and you have no involvement whatsoever.

A police officer's job is to protect the law. At least that's what it's supposed to be. Check the Bill of Rights. Free speech is listed there. It doesn't say anything about shutting up if a cop's in a bad mood. The bottom line is cops, are pigs. Which means they are selfish and will abuse the law and take advantage of their position when they feel so inclined.

Rather than being able to arrest someone and send them to jail for mouthing off, those cops need to be the ones put behind bars. They aren't doing their job, they are NOT protecting the law, and they are punishing innocent people for exercising their constitutional rights.

That'll never happen though, because all the other cops and everyone who works at the PD are their buddies and wouldn't dare think of putting one of these corrupt bastards where they belong.
It disgusts me that any civilian would dare defend their behavior, as demonstrated in the OP.

Are you even from the US, or are you from one of those European nanny states that's already had its balls broken hundreds of years ago?
edit on 16-4-2011 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)
Drink what you can,drink what your able,but if your drinking with me,youll be under the table.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join