It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Elenin or Code Word?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Comet Elenin(C/2010 X1) discovered by Leonid Elenin. Now did a search on "Leonid" and came up with the following

Wikipedia - Leonids

The Leonids get their name from the location of their radiant in the constellation Leo: the meteors appear to radiate from that point in the sky. They tend to peak in November.

NASA plans on advancing its “All sky Fireball Network” and increasing its coverage by installing 15 cameras all across the nation. This particular network tracks meteorites – their path and the possibility of where they may land on earth. The NASA Meteroid Environment Office (MEO) functions to spot these meteors specifically those that are brighter than the planet Venus. They are nicknamed “Fireballs.” Only if you keep an eye on the sky every night can you successfully spot a meteorite. This is the job that these 15 cameras do – watch out for meteorites every night. Overlapping fields of view enable NASA to get different angles and views of every fireball. This is how calculating flight path and altitude is possible. You can check out the official website if you want to know what happened last night when you were happily sleeping in your bed. The main reason behind tracking these meteorites is a hoe of recovering them. Knowing what kind of environment the meteorite is made of comes handy while building spacecrafts. William Cooke, head of NASA’s Meteoroid Environment Office is awfully excited: “If someone calls me and asks ‘What was that?’ I’ll be able to tell them. We’ll have a record of every big meteoroid that enters the atmosphere over the certain parts of the U.S. Nothing will burn up in those skies without me knowing about it!” Well, I for one can sleep better at night knowing that I don’t have to stay up all night looking for those pesky fireball-launching UFOs like I usually do, ’cause NASA’s got it covered.

Source

ELE = Extinction-Level-Event

So IF true....
Leonid + ELE = Meteor Shower/ELE

??ViEwS??

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I think there's already a topic about that, not too long ago.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
What's the Jesus people say? May 21st Judgement and Oct. 21 end of days? That's a juicy connection for the doomsayers to put on this.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by RatedXx

False prophets are false prophets. Even under the guise of the church. We won't know when it happens until it does. "Like a thief in the night," you may notice the second he breaks in or approaches your property, or even as late as the next day when everything's been stolen, but you won't know when he will come.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by spydrbyte25

ELE = Extinction-Level-Event

So IF true....
Leonid + ELE = Meteor Shower/ELE

??ViEwS??

Why would someone even bother to make up a "code" word that reveals the very secret that it is supposed to hide?

Please use brain.

edit on 14/4/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Leonid Elenin is supposedly a real person he responds in a blog you can check that out here: www.skyandtelescope.com...

This is his photo
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/da80ca9b3c2a.jpg[/atsimg]

The comet is real for sure..whether he is real or not is up for debate, but someone is posing as him and answering questions in his blog. Could he be a shill? seems doubtful to me but who knows

cheers coco

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Yeah, I was the first one to mention the ELE thing in the very first thread and it went over everyones head.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Pretty simple, get the co-ordinates and get a telescope. See what you can find. These Elenin threads just keep repeating the same crap everytime.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Didn't this comet elenin pass through the Oort Cloud? So could it possibly be dragging a bunch of asteroids of all sizes that earth may possibly pass through in the comet's tail??

Just figured this may be possible with the whole NASA installing all these cameras around the globe. For an event of this possibility would have to be recorded/documented.....maybe for the people in the underground bunkers

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Equation:

If ELE = Extinction Level Event

Then

NIN = Nauseatingly Idiotic Nonsense

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
There are many post about it,use search function. And about your theory- I think it is a coincidence, Leonid is a hugely popular russian name,and the ele... Please. It is a small rock.reply to post by snewpers

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by spydrbyte25

It's way to small to attract anything like that. Current estimates place its size around 4km, making its gravitational affect on other objects negligible.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
What is your ATS member's views on this v-i-d-e-o?

This video was posted April 8, 2011(6 days ago)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Very Interesting as starscream has now deleted his account.......

Discussion - ATS

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
You know that Planet X Movie coming out in May called "Melancholia"...Wouldn't it be wild if the kid's name in the movie was "Leo"? ...Oh wait, it is... Check it out for yourself. What do you think of this? A "Leo" discovers the killer asteroid in the movie Deep Impact. Another Leo discovers comet Elenin. There is a kid named Leo in this new planet X movie. Comet Elenin is also known as "X1". Comet Elenin will be approaching us from the constellation Leo. The Sphinx which has the body of a Lion (Leo) stares off into the night sky waiting for something to return....

From Graham Hancock: -"we have demonstrated with a substantial body of evidence that the pattern of stars that is "frozen" on the ground at Giza in the form of the three pyramids and the Sphinx represents the disposition of the constellations of Orion and Leo as they looked at the moment of sunrise on the spring equinox during the astronomical "Age of Leo" (i.e., the epoch in which the Sun was "housed" by Leo on the spring equinox.) Like all precessional ages this was a 2,160-year period. It is generally calculated to have fallen between the Gregorian calendar dates of 10,970 and 8810 BC. (op. cit., p.189)"

Ok follow me here.... The comet Elenin is supposed to have an orbital period of 11,830 years. (According to Wikipedia). That would put its last appearance on earth roughly in the vicinity of time when the Sphinx was said to have been built. Of course we can't be sure of the exact date of either, but they are close.

A lot to think about.... One more coincedence... The release date for the movie Melancholia is May 26th. "Comet" Elenin will be closest to earth on September 26th.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by hereitcomesskippy

I have no doubt that comet Elenin is real, I am keeping an open mind about PX and the other long list of names for this rogue visitor..if it is real we should be able to see it very soon, I have read in August or September it would be visible to the naked eye. I'll try and find that article if necessary. I found your post interesting and I'll check out the stuff you mentioned..cheers coco

top topics

join