It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the super rich bail us out

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
What if the super rich were to group their over the head fortunes and bail us out.

They made their fortunes off of the people, now is the time to reinvest in the people, before there is revolte.
They could solve alot of the problems just by creating new jobs and investing in the futur, not the bank...

I am just talking about the super rich... they would still be rich.... but they would be left with feelings beyond
what a statement in a small booklet can give.

Like the tv show secret millionaire...

you should bail us out. if people fail, banks will fail, your money will disappear... what good would that do.

They should bail us out.... YES or NO...

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

edit on 10-4-2011 by LadySkadi because: no

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Even if they were to bail us out, the Government would just continue to run us in to the ground. We don't need to be given money as much as we need to be able to keep MORE of what we make and have more freedom to invest in what we wish to invest in.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mkkkay

Why not just tax them, as we have done since the inception of the Constitution?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Of course they should. But will they? Of course not.

You think they got that rich by being nice to people? 98% of them did not. They're not going to change now.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Even if they were to bail everyone out, it still wouldn't be enough. The country is too much into debt and it will take years to fix. (So they say...)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
why should they?
they couldnt anyway countries debt's are usually well into the trillions.
nice people dont get rich .

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mkkkay

There are like 400 US Billionaires with about 2 Trillion..... Even if you managed to take ALL of their personal wealth we still have another 12 Trillion or so gap.

By the way...One TRILLION dollars (which we are 14 or so trillion in the whole) is a THOUSAND Billion dollars.
edit on 10-4-2011 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I think the ones who should do as you say are far more interested in power and control than money. I think we need to take the system back and humanize it then people will get their basic needs met as a consequence. The money these people have accumulated is meaningless fiat BS and redistribution will not solve the root problem.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
reply to post by mkkkay

Why not just tax them, as we have done since the inception of the Constitution?

How do you figure the "super rich" have been taxed since the inception of the Constitution? Do you mean to say a capitation tax was placed upon the "super rich" at the inception of the Constitution, or are you suggesting that a direct tax on their wealth was levied at the inception of the Constitution?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Just thinking about a 10% decrease to them is not gonna be felt but the cash would mean almost a 30% increase in the common quality of life or more .....hmmmm

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I think you forget, the super rich own the government(s). Remember Rotchild, or Bilderberg?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

I'm saying that the wealthy have carried the tax burden in this country since this country began. You can't sustain a nation on the tax revenue from the poor.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mkkkay

If you took the top 5% of the richest people on the planet and combined every bit of their wealth it wouldn't even be a drop in the bucket of the amount needed to bail out everyone. It wouldn't even bail America out considering the fact that we are well over $100 Trillion for future unfunded liabilities.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

I'm saying that the wealthy have carried the tax burden in this country since this country began. You can't sustain a nation on the tax revenue from the poor.

There was, of course, no such thing as an income tax at the inception of the Constitution, so the "super rich" certainly were not carrying the tax burden via income taxation. The federal government managed to survive on revenues raised through tariff's, imposts, and excise taxes. Whiskey and tobacco were two products that tended to be taxed often for the purposes of government revenue. Rich and poor alike smoked tobacco and drank whiskey.

As Chief Justice Marshall once said; "The power to tax is the power to destroy". If we were to abolish the so called "income tax", (and I believe this odious tax should be abolished), and the idea of taxing the rich is still in play, it would have to be for luxury items such as expensive jewelery, collectible art, and other luxury items such as yachts. A few years ago, in fact, a luxury tax was placed on yachts. This almost destroyed the American yachting industry as the "super rich" stopped purchasing American made yachts and began buying yachts built in foreign countries where the tax was not so high.

Indeed, the rich are in a much better position to defeat an indirect tax than most poor people are.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
No the system is broken and needs fixed by the people, all the American people!

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
If you mean by super rich corperations like GE and Exxon that don't have to pay taxes or only have to pay a fraction of taxes on what they make then yes they should pay there fair share.I mean GE made around 14 billion dollars and don't have to pay taxes thats a outrage.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by FarBeyondDriven69
No the system is broken and needs fixed by the people, all the American people!

Right, but it is a global system that needs fixing and requires more than just American cooperation

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mkkkay

That would be nice, but I wouldn't hold my breath. They didn't get to be super millionaires by being charitable and certainly didn't get it being ethical nor humanitarian, so the chances they would lend a helping hand = slim to NONE!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join