It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Elenin?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
Elenin is famous because of its properties.

I doubt many people have actually heard of the comet. It does not appear to be an unaided eye comet which makes it famous. Did a flub in Google tell people about the comet? Doubtful.

i still think the black box contributed to Elenin becoming famous...

there is no need for you to be against me all the time man...

i am correct about this..

this vid..

feb 17..

42K views..

ok man?

now show me how many people know about the properties??

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Was the google issue ever together with Elenin anywhere other than say on this forum? No.

You are correct in some things, but I do know from previous discussions that you do zero research. This is simply a conjecture on your part with no basis for that conjecture.

Very few people know about google's software issue on Google sky. It's not a commonly used application. Elenin did make it into the news. It was expected to be a naked eye object. That no longer appears to be the case.

Sorry, but you are way off the mark when it comes to this connection. Way off. Dead wrong.

Jsut because there is another pointless video someplace on the web is meaningless.

Better luck next time.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

again you are very rude with me...you are stating that i do not research ...LIE

i will annoy you now..

here is evidence that THE BLACK BOX in google sky contributed to why Comet Elenin became so famous..

Go ahead and plug these coordinates into your Google Sky field box and note the big black empty box

Is "Comet Elenin" possibly Nibiru?

For example did you know when you enter nibiru's/AKA Elenin coordinates into google sky's you get a black cropped box

Comet Elenin

I have some questions about Comet Elenin (C/2010 X1). ... I've also checked up on the "black box" on Google Sky (

A question Regarding Elinin and Google Sky

A black box at Google Sky doesn't mean anything (apart from telling us that Google Sky ... Comet Elenin

Comet EleNin What Are They Hiding

This is sky image of Comet Elenin. Under the rear foot of Leo right now as we speak. ... Orbital Element the coordinates are there for you to input into Google Sky. ..... it's a small black hole or it is a very dense object that comet Elenin

COMET ELENIN PROGRESS REPORT.

So I go to Google Sky and plug in the coordinates to find this (pic) ... that a big empty black box at the EXACT LOCATION

The Planet X/Nibiru/ELEnin Brown Dwarf Timeline

COMET ELENIN and the google-earth black box

Nibiru - Sakloth - Its visible NOW

as you can see...the black box on google sky and Elenin were discussed all over the web..

i can go on posting links for ever

you are wrong again...and again...and again

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
i hope this helped with the quest of the thread...

another fact that might have contributed is also the Facebook Group Page regarding comet elenin..

there is no other facebook page for any other comet

Comet Elenin C/2010 X1 facebook group

Comet Elenin Fan Page

Comet Elenin - Official Facebook Page

Leonid Elenin FB Page - Created after the discovery

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
also the closure of Naza Buzz room sparked things a little..

NASA shuts down the Buzzroom after new Elenin trajectory

Naza Buzz room is still down with the following message...

We're in the process of making Buzzroom better for our users. We appreciate your patience. Please check back in the future.

making buzz room better for user??

they could have at least built the site on a temporary link..leaving Buzz room open..then exchanging content

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
always keep in mind OP that i'm done with Elenin...i wish i never hear about it again which is impossible...what i'm posting in this thread is what i think contributed to the comet to become so famous on the web

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

again you are very rude with me...you are stating that i do not research ...LIE

It is quite true that you do not do research.

In the thread on the video you made there was a golden opportunity for you to show me that I was wrong. I purposely left it up to you to show me that I was wrong. You never did even though myself and several others in the thread purposely posted links to sites that showed me wrong.

I had stated, knowing that it was incorrect, that flooding was not increasing.
Three people posted links to a site that clearly stated flooding was increasing due to the actions of humans. One of those 3 was me. Since you never checked any of the sites or did not loudly state how wrong I was I know you do not do research despite your persistent claims to the contrary.

as you can see...the black box on google sky and Elenin were discussed all over the web..

So you found a few places where this was repeated. That has nothing to do with your claim that is what made Elenin famous. On the contrary this shows that a famous comet has been misrepresented.

you are wrong again...and again...and again

At least you did some research this time. Unfortunately you have the cart before the horse. That's an expression meaning that you have the cause and effect, or the order of things all messed up.

Before there was this silly commentary about google and comet elenin, the comet was already known.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

So are you using this to back off the ludicrous claim that google sky errors made Elenin famous.

It certainly seems that you are showing everyone that there are other reasons for the comet being famous.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

You've made it very clear that the google connection is insignificant and that the regular news, NASA, and other sources are more important.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

do as you like...

i am right on this one babe ^^

and you are wrong...as always

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

I doubt many people have actually heard of the comet. It does not appear to be an unaided eye comet which makes it famous. Did a flub in Google tell people about the comet? Doubtful.

which properties are you talking about?...what is different from the other comets discovered in 2010???

You seem to go off topic quiet a lot..please re-read the thread from the OP..he is asking why comet Elenin became more famous than all the other comets discovered in 2010

and as i said, for which I presented the evidence...the following factors did contribute to why Elenin stood out

- Google Sky Black Box in the location of comet Elenin
- Facebook
- Closure of Nasa Buzz room once there was an update on the trajectory

Please note :

I am not ruling out your "Properties" suggestion. Still I cant figure out which properties are you talking about since we dont even know the actual size, orbit, tail size etc

Please explain further which properties are you talking about.

Now if you keep on rejecting my idea why Elenin became so famous I can only conclude that :

maybe its my fault because of my English, not being my primary language may contribute to not being understood properly

OR

You just love to contradict people here on ATS

because its frikkin obvious what I said did contribute to the question posted by the OP, i dont believe you lack the intelligence to figure that out, or you just dont read the whole post of mine..you just grasp few lines and this explains a lot

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

which properties are you talking about?...what is different from the other comets discovered in 2010???

Didn't you do any research on this issue? Apparently not.

You seem to go off topic quiet a lot..please re-read the thread from the OP..he is asking why comet Elenin became more famous than all the other comets discovered in 2010

The comet was well publicized long before the unimportant google stitching error was poorly linked to this comet.

I am not ruling out your "Properties" suggestion. Still I cant figure out which properties are you talking about since we dont even know the actual size, orbit, tail size etc

I have stated the property in a number of posts. The property of interest to the general public is not size, orbit, or tail size. The property of interest is whether or not someone can see the comet with just the unaided eye.

Now if you keep on rejecting my idea why Elenin became so famous I can only conclude that :

I reject your notion because it is obviously wrong.

because its frikkin obvious what I said did contribute to the question posted by the OP, i dont believe you lack the intelligence to figure that out, or you just dont read the whole post of mine..you just grasp few lines and this explains a lot

Just because I point out that your idea is so very wrong and just because you point out that your idea is so very wrong is no reason to make personal attacks.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Did not read most of this thread. But my answer would be because of the axis shift of the Earth during allignments between the Sun, Earth, and Elenin. There was an allignment on the day of the chile earthquake in 2010, and an allignment the day of the japan earthquake this year.

I'm still not convinced though. 2 quakes that shift the earth's axis, each during an allignment can just be a coincidence. The next allignment will be on September 27/28 (90% sure, I may be wrong). If there is another quake on either of these days, then I will believe that this comet has a very strange affect on the Earth.

We'll find out soon.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by swoop1234

The claims of an alignment are rather poor and highly suspect. Check them yourself. See how the alignment is incredibly poor. This is a hoax at best.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by swoop1234
Did not read most of this thread. But my answer would be because of the axis shift of the Earth during allignments between the Sun, Earth, and Elenin. There was an allignment on the day of the chile earthquake in 2010, and an allignment the day of the japan earthquake this year.

I'm still not convinced though. 2 quakes that shift the earth's axis, each during an allignment can just be a coincidence. The next allignment will be on September 27/28 (90% sure, I may be wrong). If there is another quake on either of these days, then I will believe that this comet has a very strange affect on the Earth.

We'll find out soon.

true..that must have contributed too

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Didn't you do any research on this issue? Apparently not.

The comet was well publicized long before the unimportant google stitching error was poorly linked to this comet.

I have stated the property in a number of posts. The property of interest to the general public is not size, orbit, or tail size. The property of interest is whether or not someone can see the comet with just the unaided eye.

I reject your notion because it is obviously wrong.

Just because I point out that your idea is so very wrong and just because you point out that your idea is so very wrong is no reason to make personal attacks.

Didn't you do any research on this issue? Apparently not. (typical of you...you dont answer..but i will re-ask you...which properties are talking about?

The comet was well publicized long before the unimportant google stitching error was poorly linked to this comet. (Where...any Link???)

I reject your notion because it is obviously wrong. (Sorry it did contribute...the video i showed was viewed more than 46,000 times..thats enough for advertising...if you still reject i'm sorry for your brain)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

reply to post by swoop1234

The claims of an alignment are rather poor and highly suspect. Check them yourself. See how the alignment is incredibly poor. This is a hoax at best.

but seriously...do you realize how ignorant your post is?

he is pointing out ..like me...what helped the comet to become famous...not what its true or not

unbelievable

let me explain you slowly maybe you realize how wrong you are...

Q - What helped bigfoot to become so famous?

A - Video footage , and foot stamps

Does this mean they are not hoaxes..of course not...but they contributed to bigfoot becoming famous

we are saying the same about what made Elenin popular

are you with us now?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

So what makes Elenin famous is the effort of hoaxers and liars? Is that your point?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Didn't you do any research on this issue? Apparently not. (typical of you...you dont answer..but i will re-ask you...which properties are talking about?

Read the thread and the post you quoted and then you will have your answer.

Here I'll quote myself so that you can see that I have posted this multiple times.

The property of interest is whether or not someone can see the comet with just the unaided eye.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join