It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When 2012 comes, you won't survive.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I don't know how to begin this, but I'll start by saying that this is bound to be a long winded read, so you may want to bail now if you aren't in for it.

I don't know what to make of the impending doom that is 2012. I feel like I learned about the Mayan calendar and the idea that something could coincide with the calendar cycle at that time around the time I was 13, in maybe 7th grade in a school textbook. This was 1993-94 maybe. I had not been exposed to the internet or the ideas related to it, or the topics you might find on here. I did have an interest in JFK though, that had been spurred years earlier. Anytime between then and the time I really began to become exposed to more of the ideas concerning 2012, and even until now I've had this feeling, the same feeling you might feel if you thought someone was watching you, or talking about you, just one of those feelings that you get. Well, I've had the feeling that "something" might happen, but I've never had a theory as to what.

As I sat tonight watching Apocalypse 2012 on CNBC, so many thoughts came to my mind. But mainly, if the calamity that many thought would happen, did happen, why do they assume even with their safeguards they would survive?

I often think of the movie 2012 because it echoes many ideas that people have about things that may happen in those end times. From volcanoes to earthquakes to pole shifts and tsunamis many ideas are covered, and many of those were brought up by people spoken to in this program.

In the event of worldwide catastrophe as depicted in the movie, and believed by many the only survivors in my opinion will be those of sheer luck. No amount of preparation will do you any good. The only ones who survive would be ones who just luckily happened to be in a place that wasn't as harshly affected.

In the program, there were a group of people who were taking refuge in some sort of complex in Arizona; there were others who were building elaborate underground complexes that seemed to extend many levels. But major earthquakes across entire plates due to pole shifts would surely crush or otherwise make any underground shelter a lost cause. Waves coming inland and covering the entire US or other landmasses would, bury you under a new ocean.

300 foot or taller tsunami waves would destroy any boat I could think of, surely any boat known to be in existence today, regardless of the size.

Then, what becomes of the thousands of nuclear power plants spread across the globe. In the event of mass earthquakes, land shifts, tsunamis, and other destruction, would these facilities not release tons of radiation into the water and atmosphere? If so, and by some chance you did survive the initial destruction, how long would fallout last from 1000's of nuclear plants?

I don't know what to think about what may come on that day, I think we as people are more likely to cause the "something" I've always felt, than some celestial or geologic event. But I certainly believe that regardless of what you do, if you believe the ideas present in regards to what may happen then you can't prepare. Save your time, save your money, save your sanity. In the event of any of these ideas becoming reality, luck is more likely to decide your fate than your stockpiled beans and underground complex.

What are your thoughts, do you think that if any scenario were to pan out that preparation would save you, or anyone?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
My sentiments exactly.

2nd line.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
My thoughts are that I'll bet we're still posting here in 2013.

I just don't see the end coming in 2012.

If the world ends, great. I don't believe any human knows when the world is going to end unless said human has his / her hand on the kill-switch.

Have faith in God, love your family, treat your neighbors well, and live your life. Don't fear that which you cannot control...that's my plan.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I have no wife, lover or dependents. I am the youngest of three siblings. None of us have children, and we are all over 35. My parents have been retired for 15 years now and they live comfortably in Florida. We've all had pretty easy lives.

So whatever happens I can deal with it. I just want to survive until the end. It's all a game to me now.

Maybe if I found the woman of my dreams and had a family with her I would be more worried. But I've seen people I love come and go, good friends and family members die. I am not afraid of The End.

I'm just surprised that I may actually see it because when I was a kid in The Eighties, a kid afraid of nuclear holocaust, I prayed every night that I wouldn't see The End Of The World.

God has a weird sense of humor...and I'm bored and tired.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Uhhh... honestly, I wouldn't have come to this planet for any other reason. You guys need serious change and it's time to start anew - you're all immortal anyway. What's the fear?

edit on 8-4-2011 by purplemonkeydishwasher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
We can survive God's wraith. We won't survive to 2012 if they put poison on all the 2013 calendars.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

I find it quite interesting that you posted this. As someone who is a chronic lurker, I do not have enough posts to create my own thread, but the things that you wrote are nearly verbatim to what I too was thinking while watching the same show! Even if you think that you are prepared for something, you may just end up being at the wrong place at the wrong time on the day that a cataclysm occurs.

On a different note, while my sweetie and I were watching this, we came to an agreement that most of these 2012 doomsayers are just out to make a buck and probably don't even really believe in it themselves. Hell, some of them pretty much came right out and said so themselves. Nonetheless, people should prepare for an emergency in general.

I cannot say as to how I feel about the whole 2012 thing. I appreciate the theories, but am not fully convinced that at a certain moment on a certain day the whole world will end or that everyone will reach enlightenment.

In regards to the show itself, I found the woman doing the voice over to be condescending. Overall, I did enjoy the content of the show even though they had some far out people on there and I wish they would have had some more intelligent and well-researched people to offer their thoughts. The MSM paints with such a broad brush...

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ballsdeep

There are those of religious persuasion who believe that 2012 does not mean the end of all things but
may be especially eye opening when they see events predicted beginning to unfold. That would be biblical
predictions. You'd be right that if it got bad enough nothing could prepare for you guaranteed survival.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Locater.

Don't get mad at me ok? You suffer from a case of brainwashing. Brainwashing is not rare and it is not restricted to cults It is used upon us daily. If you like, I offer you this piece of art as a deprograming tool. Gaze upon it and use as a meditational chant the numbers 2013. 2013. 2013
I hope this helps. terramaze

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

lol....seriously dude...just lol

I don't know who locater is, but I believe you're referring to me.

I also don't believe you read the thread, just the title and made your post.

Notice my soap? Wash your mind, but don't scrub it away.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Doomsday prophecies are especially circumspect in part because they come and go but more so because they are usually prevalent in overly repressive tyrannies with a strong emphasis on militarism and military conquest.

The people afraid to challenge their government(s) for fear what the government will do in reprisal or punishment know deep down that what the state is doing in the people’s name is bad and wrong.

People generally believe that what is wrong ultimately will be punished, if not by the person you did wrong to, then the state, and if not the state, then god or the universe.

The bigger the doomsday being prophesized is more or less equal to the size and number and frequency of the crimes of the state.

So the more the masses believe that it’s all going to end in some horrible destruction that not even the state can stop the more leeway the state feels it has in becoming an unstoppable force beyond the peoples control.

Why would you even want to try to curtail the state and rein it in if you are sure the destruction of the world is only scant months away and worse yet, that perhaps the only thing that could stop a state so out of control is the destruction of the world.

Our problem is not what is going to happen on 2012, our problem is we would rather face all the imagined horrors of it, than have to face all the real horrors of reining the state in and getting control back over it.

A lot of bad things are happening, but most of them are in fact being caused by the state, too much greed, too much corruption, too much lack of concern for the people is actually what is causing most of the bad things to happen.

That and too much apathy on the part of the people, who fear that their state is driving them to ruin and would almost happily and thankfully accept another any other disastrous fate than having to man up and put a stop to the state.

Life will go on, never give up, and never surrender, if you are falling off a cliff, now would be a good time to learn to fly.

Do not go quietly into that good night, fight the good fight, and make it worth the price you have to pay to do that.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
i wonder what's gonna happen to this forum in 2013.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by manticorex5

I hope that people actually start reading threads and commenting on the content of them. Instead of broad generalizations based on the titles.

I think I'll be waiting alot longer than a year and a half for that though.
edit on 4/8/2011 by ThaLoccster because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Scuse me. Loccater. I did read your post and what I read was that you have had 2012 on your mind since about 93, right? And then you mentioned a number of scenarios depicted on tv and in movies. But now I realize my high school skimming lessons are failing me.

Indeed, you have a firm grip on the issue. I suppose that my concern was do to my own fears when I first encountered the story years ago like you. If that stuff does go down then there ain't no getting away from it. So why worry. better we should be concerned with the man made turmoil.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I agree with you absolutely. People are bullied and mistreated by their governments and by society in general to conform to norms that are not really how we would choose to live. One of the features or identifying marks of a bullied 'person' is that they are so powerless to stop their abuse that they wish their abuser was dead. People actually want and desire the end of the tyranny we all live under and a huge Cataclysm would fit in just fine to get rid of the Elites who are the abusers. Is there any other way that their underground bunkers coming down on their heads, as they will should we have a major pole shift?, After a time, there would be a level playing field as the psycopaths who presently rule the world would be dead, dying or unable to co ntrol the serfs any more............for a while at least. A golden age of a thousand years is what the oppressed are crying out for, so a nice bit of apocalypse would be quite useful. And then, to start all over....
If we're talking about 2012 scenario at its worse, the only preparation for any calamity is knowledge and good luck. That can of beans if no good buried under a ton of muck but with knowledge you know what you can eat, how to survive etc........but ONLY if you're lucky!

edit on 8-4-2011 by Elliot because: pathetic grammar

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   

How you be so sure that no one will survive? And how can you be sure the world will end?

I bet my bottom dollar if we didn't have the technology we have today, their wouldn't be so much 'hype' around 2012.....
edit on 8-4-2011 by downunder666 because: add line

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
2012 is just the icon..

no knows when the world is gonna to end..thats a fact..but i can tell you OP that many are referring to prophecies and prophets whilst the truth is that what is about to happen is backed by scientific research and data..

i dont give a damn about the mayans, i ching, nostradamus or summerians ..what I do give a damn about though is that I am aware that humans built their lives on a technology type which our mother Sun dont give a xit about..solar cycle 24 is coming and its due for a big one...if i will survive??..i will do my best for the interest of my family...did i prepare?..of course i did..did it cost me $$??..the only thing we bought was 2 reverse osmosis machine which turn sea water to table wwater..150 Eur for both..we are a team of 15 friends with families..since most of us like hunting we have ammo machines, rifles etc, we gathered also a dentist with us who believes that this Sun Cycle could put us wayback stonehenge as for technology..also a friend of ours is expert in seeds, vegetables and gardening.

i dont see the scenario much like 2012 movie..i can imagine that there will be some huge EQ's like the ones of NZ and Japan..since remember on the 11th (day of Japan EQ) there was an X-Flare inbound so it may be the prime suspect to have unleashed the disaster..still i'm lucky enough to live in an EQ safe area..so the power grid is my only concern..electricity...

keep in mind people that this happened before..not 100,000 or 800,000 years ago but last century 1859..this is normal for our Planet to go through..but humans didnt realize that

what can we do?? nothing ...nothing...do you expect the planet changes its technology in a few years time window??

forgot to mention...why this solar cycle scares the hell out of me :

Magnetic breach 3 times the size of Earth discovered by NASA..Shields are down

The Sun went through a too quiet period up to 2009 , something experts say they havent seen it for the last 100 years

Experts and scientists contradict themselves on the subject

No one can deny the Sun is waking up...shooting Flares never witnessed by SOHO

P.S. Im not stuck with the 2012 date , i know this will happen..when exactly i dont know..but it seems quiet close to me

Edit to add...i also started gym 14 months ago..and its a year now i go to work on foot (30mins walk)....maybe it gives some ideas of what one can do..i'm feeling ready both physically and mentally for the challenge...also i dont believe there is anything else awaiting us after this life so hell yes i'm gonna do my best to survive..

edit on 8-4-2011 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by manticorex5
i wonder what's gonna happen to this forum in 2013.

Then we'll write about 2014... or something.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
In the 70's a couple of documentaries were saying the Mayan Calendar ended on December 24th, 2011

www.youtube.com... - narrated by Leonard Nimoy and Rod Sterling

And this website claims that the Mayan Calendar actually ends on October 28, 2011

www.calleman.com...

Sort of corresponds rather neatly with the time Elenin will be at close proximity to Earth.

www.youtube.com...

Have we been lied to about 2012? Do the elite actually expect the Pole-shift to occur this year, in 2011?

I don't think 9nania is to be trusted implicitly, but she did make a somewhat convincing argument about information being encoded in the film 2012. Check it out and see what you think.

Timeline 4/11-2/12 Encoded in '2012' Movie
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
The world was supposed to have ended a hundred times by now from various "predictions" and doomsday theories. I Believe none of it. I will not waste my time preparing for an event which will not occur in my lifetime, and go on with my day to day activities like normal.
Its going to be hilarious in 2013 when all the 2012 believers will have their tails between their legs and hiding in a corner.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join