It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Earthquake Off Japanese Coast Accompanied By Strange Blue Light Show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

宮城県北部と中部で震度6強の揺れを観測した。気象庁によると、震源は宮城県沖で深さは約40キロ、地震の規模 (マグニチュード)は7.4と推定される。 このときの発光現象です!

translated:

The seismic intensity 6 strongly shaking was observed with the Miyagi prefecture north section and Chubu. According to Meteorological Agency, as for the seismic center as for depth approximately 40 kilometers, scale of earthquake (magnitude) it is presumed 7.4 with the Miyagi prefecture open sea. It is luminous phenomenon of this time!

From the source: prison planet article

LIVE UPDATES… Prisonplanet.com April 7, 2011 UPDATE 11.15 CST - New Japan Quake Cuts Power To Nuclear Plants UPDATE 11.13 CST – Blackouts reported in Sendai. UPDATE 11.09 CST – Quake halts operations of some thermal power plants in Aomori, Akita according to Kyodo News. UPDATE 11.05 CST – Here is a better video of the blue light: UPDATE 11.02 CST – Sky News is still reporting on the blue light, calling it an “Earthquake light” and promising to seek an explanation from a seismologist. UPDATE 10.59 CST – More on that mysterious blue light. It can be seen at 38 seconds into the video below: UPDATE 10.56 CST - TSUNAMI ALERT LIFTED UPDATE 10.50 CST - Video taken in Tokyo of a blinding blue light witnessed on the horizon at the time of the quake is causing a stir. Sky News reports that the light could be a phenomenon thought to occur due to intense electromagnetic activity with the movement of tectonic plates. UPDATE 10.22 CST - No damage, casualties in Miyagi Pref. as of 11:55 Thurs.: police UPDATE 10.20 CST – The quake has been revised down to a mag 7.1. UPDATE 10.19 CST – Japanes Weather agency sees Miyagi quake as aftershock of March 11 temblor. UPDATE 10.16 CST – Water is still being injected into the nuclear reactors at the Fukushima plant. UPDATE 10.15 CST – Workers at the Fukushima plant have been moved to higher ground, according to TEPCO officials. UPDATE 10.13 CST – BBC news is reporting that the waves from the quake have already hit parts of the shoreline. ** A strong earthquake measuring 7.4 has struck 25 miles off the Japanese coast, close to the 9.0 quake that hit last month. The Japanese government has issued a Tsunami warning and is expecting a wave up to 2 meters high imminently. No impact has yet been detected at the Fukushima nuclear plant according to Japanese news. Developing…

www.youtube.com...

What is that?
The flashing light?
What going on?
Can we get more information about this breaking new?

edit on 7-4-2011 by Illuminati_2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I'm guessing it's electrical transformers blowing or something...If not I have no idea.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
It is a power station exploding and this has been posted 100 times today but thanks for the info.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   
reply to post by gandhi

I think your right, because you can see the lights go out across the city.

-second

link   
after reading all the other threads about this..it's either transformers blowing or earthquake lights..
maybe you should read a bit in this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
havent these poor people suffered enough?

as for the blue light i havent a clue? is it actually blue? or white but looks blue against the night sky?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
There seems like several other smaller flashes as well as the very bright light. If it is not a power line it is unusual looking even for earthquake lights, good find OP.

www.prisonplanet.com...

There doesn't seem to be any power failure as a result in the immediate area.
edit on 7-4-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
u should read more in the forums because there at least 4 threads about this topic and all of them share several possible scenarios of what went thru that hour, not saying that your thread is bad...its just because its getting difficult tracking all these events when they are scattered all the way in the forum

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
electric explosion light is also blue.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by baraka

Sorry about that.

link   
reply to post by Illuminati_2012

To me, it looks like it is caused by transformers exploding and power lines breaking. I seen that before in big earthquakes in my area in the early morning hours. If that blue lights was over the ocean, then I think something weird is happening.

link   
Where the video?????

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Miyagi Japan

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
Where the video?????

It's in the link I posted. the OP's link is not working.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
There seems like several other smaller flashes as well as the very bright light. If it is not a power line it is unusual looking even for earthquake lights, good find OP.

www.prisonplanet.com...

Watch the video. Right before it cuts to the third scene, you can see lights going out in the buildings on the right hand side. It starts at roughly 0:26 on the video.
edit on 7-4-2011 by BriggsBU because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
some say its from power lines or a power station going down (its to bright for that and it hits several spots...its not just one light they are several, plus there is no report of any incident of power station)

haarp? no proof on that either...

the only thing i can say it looks more like a earthquake light its usual when earthquakes occur.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by BriggsBU

Originally posted by smurfy

www.prisonplanet.com...

Watch the video. Right before it cuts to the third scene, you can see lights going out in the buildings on the right hand side.

Yes I just found another one that is less ambiguous,

www.youtube.com...=46

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
more video:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
This is being discussed in an earlier thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please posts your comments there.

Closed.

new topics