It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO History From Aurora, TX(1897) to Roswell, NM(1947) and Beyond - Government Lies and Cover Up

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

Probably one of the best ET/UFO related posts I have ever seen here at ATS.

Yes, there is enough evidence out there to fill a dump truck if you want to go find it.

Dont worry, this issue is being researched by more people every day. Someday, I believe, there will be a real whistleblower who will come forward with all the good stuff, however saying that, he will need more than some documents, he's gunna need an artifact/piece of a craft etc, otherwise he will be dunbunked quicker than a new york minute.

Once again to the OP, great stuff and I'm with you all the way.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

What a great job youv'e done with this thread. Unfortunatley I can't view the clips at the moment, but will do so when I finish work.
I am quite intrigued by the earlier reports of sightings etc. They facinate me, especially when they come with pics!! I had never even heard of the Aurora incident so am looking foward to delving deeper into that one. Thanks for the great info.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007

Etta Pegues sounds like a skeptic if you read the last paragraph of the article in the link.

Her comments seem more like a personal opinion rather than factual information.
edit on 7-4-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

Good stuff 007...

if you search Etta Pegues you see why it's personal.... she has talked to all the old timers and families in Aurora, written a book about it too. She got her facts from the people living there.

www.google.com...=psy&hl=en&q=NEWARK.+Its+Heritage+and+Landmarks.&aq=&aqi=&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=53fd2b5286cafcf7

Pegues, Etta B. NEWARK. Its Heritage and Landmarks.
N.P. Author 1969 1st. Dec. Cloth Fine 285 pp., photos, endpaper maps. History of an area of Wise County. Scarce. INSCRIBED by author.
edit on 7-4-2011 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sunsetatdawn

What a great job youv'e done with this thread. Unfortunatley I can't view the clips at the moment, but will do so when I finish work.
I am quite intrigued by the earlier reports of sightings etc. They facinate me, especially when they come with pics!! I had never even heard of the Aurora incident so am looking foward to delving deeper into that one. Thanks for the great info.

Jim Marrs covers the Aurora incident at length on a DVD he did in 2003 called "The War on Freedom".

It's one of the best presentations you will ever see by Jim Marrs. It's available from the ufocongress.com web site.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by downunderET

Thanks for that and will check it out. I don't know why the earlier reports hold more interest for me, maybe I like to think life was more honest and down to earth in those days, (although alot tougher to get by day to day), so reports of this type hold more weight. And they come with pictures too!!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Here's another Roswell NM video of an interview with Jesse Marcel.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Thanks for Jesse Marcel interview, this always happens to me in a thread, i rush through some parts of the OP and then afterwards thanks to other members and discussions i think of things that should have gone into the OP.

I rushed through Roswell more than the rest as it was getting late and i thought it had been so well covered on ATS. In hignsight i could have probably made that the best part of the thread.....

Thanks again though

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Thanks to everyone else for thier support, i hope you have had a chance to read through it all... i know their is alot and alot more in the off-site links!!

Thanks again and i hope you enjoyed the thread. If anyone would like to contribute or add info i may have missed then please do

I'm happy for more discussion and to also add other information we come across after discussions.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I had not planned to cover this incident however it was whilst i was looking through the recently created FBI.gov - Vault that i decided to cover this incident. I have heard about it in the past and also saw the episode covered by the UFO Hunters but didnt realise the particular FBI docs related to this incident untill i searched online.

I will also post screen shots and links to FBI docs that inspired me to start this chapter.

Chapter 5 - Maury Island incident

June 14 1947 - Kelso, Washington / Maury Island

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/786e2b53af93.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8dadd6b8856d.jpg[/atsimg]

To begin with for anyone unfamiliar with this particular incident it happened over Washington in 1947.

Witness' reported seeing several disc shaped objects flying out over the bay and described what appeared to be some of the craft malfuntioning or struggling to stay in the air. Witness' reported seeing the craft ejecting a molten metal substance in the marsh lands whilst heading out to sea.

Whilst this isnt a crash of a particular craft, i think it is another event worth covering. First of all i will add some Wiki information plus some other sources. I will also add the documents from the FBI database that hints to this event, however the documents explain that the AAF advised the FBI that the substance was analysed and thought to be fragments from a Tacoma Slag Mill.

Wikipedia - Maury Island Incident

The Maury Island Incident is said to be an early modern UFO encounter incident, which allegedly took place in June 1947, three days before the famous sighting by Kenneth Arnold, widely considered the original encounter with flying saucers. It is also one of the earliest reported instances of an alleged encounter with so-called Men in Black. Opinions remain divided on whether the case was a genuine flying saucer sighting, a hoax or an attempt to cover up the leak of an advanced, classified aerospace project.

Background

The incident took place shortly after June 21, 1947. On that date, seaman Harold A. Dahl, out scavenging for drifting logs, claimed to have seen six UFOs near Maury Island (which is now a peninsula of Vashon Island, in Puget Sound, near Tacoma, Washington, United States; Maury Island is located directly across a narrow section of Puget Sound from Sea-Tac International Airport and Boeing Field). Dahl, his son Charles, an unnamed hand and Dahl's dog were on the boat. Dahl reported seeing four, five or six (the initial FBI report says four or five) "doughnut-shaped objects" flying in formation over the area where his boat was. He said he could see blue sky through the holes in the center of the discs, and that there appeared to be port holes lining the inside of the ring. One of the craft appeared to be malfunctioning, Dahl reported, and another craft edged up to it, then retreated. At this point the troubled craft began ejecting objects through the inner port holes. Slag-like material began hitting the boat and damaged the windshield, the wheel house and a light fixture, and killed his dog on the deck. He said his son was also slightly injured by falling debris. Dahl claimed to have taken a number of photographs of the UFOs, and recovered some type of slag ejected from the craft that malfunctioned. Dahl also recovered samples of sheaves of lightweight white sheets of metal that fluttered like "newspapers" out from the inner ring of the troubled UFO to the ground.

Wikipedia - Full Story

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dee5a14c1363.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8b3eb98497e3.jpg[/atsimg]

Wreckage from the first crash of an Air Force Aircraft on August 1, 1947 seems like something that only the military might be interested in. Or maybe not. Much of the original wreckage was left to rust in the forest and no recent attempts have been made to relocate or recover it by any branch of the Military. Instead, civilians have been looking for pieces from the crashed B-25 for years. That"s because the crash site near Kelso, Washington, may contain material that"s simply out of this world.

United Airlines Captain E. J. Smith was a friend of Kenneth Arnold, but initially skeptical of his sighting until he had one of his own. During a flight from Boise, Idaho, to Tacoma, Washington on July 4, 1947, Smith noticed a formation of saucer-shaped objects near his aircraft. They first appeared just after 9pm, then vanished and reappeared several times for over forty-five minutes. Captain Smith, Co-Pilot Ralph Stevens and Stewardess Marty Morrow all saw them.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ceb8c3468e0b.jpg[/atsimg]

The importance of the Arnold and Smith sightings cannot be stressed enough. These witnesses were experienced pilots, not starry-eyed civilians looking at something in the sky that a trained observer might immediately recognize as commonplace. That would make any opinions they had about the Maury Island UFO incident all the more important.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8170b26d2460.jpg[/atsimg]

Images and Quotes Courtesy

Now to what inspired this chapter -

FBI Teletype - Aug 6 1947

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e082b02aff8b.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2375cc2103d4.jpg[/atsimg]

Source - FBI Vault Archives

Pages 27 & 28

Aftermath -

This event took place at the very beginning of the modern phase of UFO sightings, usually connected with Kenneth Arnold's report from Mount Rainier and the Roswell incident. It contains elements that became embedded in UFOlogy until now, including men in black, what appeared to be a government cover up, mysterious disappearance of physical evidence, mysterious disappearances of eyewitnesses (Dahl and Crisman), mysterious deaths and inexplicable situations. Was it a hoax? If so, whose? Dahl claimed the mysterious dark man driving the black 1947 Buick who visited him retold the events on the boat as if he had been there, although Dahl himself hadn't related the story publicly at that point. Dahl began denying the story only after the two Army Air intelligence officers died in the B-25 crash. Dahl and Crisman told the FBI investigator they had concocted the story at the urging of Ray Palmer who wanted the mysterious rock formation to have originated on an alien saucer. They claimed to be playing along with Palmer who wanted a story to publish, and yet the FBI agent also notes that Dahl and Crisman were "obviously" not telling all they knew and were attempting to cover something up.

Wikipedia

Related Media

UFO Hunters S01E01 - Before Roswell

--

The late John Keel (1930-2009) discussing the MIB at the Maury Is Incident

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bc6ccdac028c.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 8-4-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Bump!!!

Sorry i hate to bump my own threads.... i am worried this thread will fall into oblivion and considering i just added a new chapter and plan to keep going with further stories, it will be a waste of time of no one actually reads it

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Great information, at lot to work through, don't worry if it gets lost at some point, someone will always find it at some other point, at least the info is available to those willing to seek..

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by marsend

As long as people read it then it's not a waste of time putting it all together

edit on 8-4-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Making this a favorite of mine, amazing job with this post. and nice research S&F

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by prodomino

No Probs

Thanks for the feedback.

I also added an unexpected chapter from the - Maury Island incident.

It's on page 2. If you get a chance watch the Mike Wallace show interview from 1958 with Maj. Donald Keyhoe( in the Roswell chapter) It's interesting for a number of reason as covered in that chapter but also i found it funny they way they describe some UFO believers and witness' - 'Cranks, Nuts,Screwballs' etc etc

edit on 13-4-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-4-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Man this is really some great stuff i've been going through the videos etc, I REALLY like this though
The late John Keel (1930-2009) discussing the MIB at the Maury Is Incident

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by prodomino

Yeah Keel had some great insights and good info, i actually hadnt come across any of his work untill i started researching this topic.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
This is great stuff.

I only live an hour or so away from there. Gonna have to go check it out on a day off.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Rexamus

Thanks for the feedback.

Which of the events or locations do you live close to?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Just south of Aurora. I had seen the ufo hunters episode of it but never gave it much thought. This thread gave alot more info, definitely checking it out

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join