It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louis Theroux meets the most hated family in america.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Louis Theroux meets the most hated family in america......

After Watching his programme on the BBC iplayer, i thought i'd get your opinions on the programme if you've not watched it i strongly suggest you do its really good and for me quiet shocking on the beliefs of these people.

Heres a link on youtube if you cant get BBC iplayer for part 1

I'm not going to post all the parts i'm sure after part one if your interested in watching more you can find it yourself.

Also heres a link on the man Louis Theroux in case some people wanted to know who he was.

en.wikipedia.org...

These are my thoughts on the programme

Straight away the prgramme starts strong and really gets straight to the point, they come to a protest at a soldiers funeral and come with signs such as troops go to hell and god hates fags. Now immediately i've got a problem with that not the signs part, who cares what they put on there signs they can do that, but going to a soliders funeral surely any human can see that shouldnt be allowed even with the freedom of speech you Americans cling on to so much when you need to.

Anyway it comes to a part when he speaks to the children and its shocking to see how brainwashed they are by there parents.. be it christianity or any other religion how can people be allowed to have kids if they are taught such extreme views and thoughts... I think there should be more protection for these kids somehow, i dont know how thought.

Back to my thoughts and you'll agree thsi thread is messy but i'm getting my opinions out whilst i feel compelled to do so... I'm thinking if the devil rejoices in everything from having girl friends to showing skin.
maybe i want to go and see the devil, IF HES REAL...

If it turned out the devil is real and i'm to burn forever for my sins well screw god and the devil, i'd still reject the devil if i came face to face with him.
This thread started organsied but i messed it up. sorry just want your feelings on the family louis met and your feeling towards the programme if you've watched it.

last bit to add screw religion i'm happy as i am, and you'll never change my opinion no matter what turns out to be true.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
2002 called they want their topic back....

may the search be with you :/

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Lol, I watched this the other day. On one hand, I disagree with anyone giving these people ANY publicity. On the other hand, how can you NOT. This lady had to have some sort of animal crawl up her butt and not be able to get it out because I've never seen someone be so unhappy and try to bring EVERYONE she comes in contact with down to her level. I understand the whole religious stance on homosexuality but frankly I'm not so sure she even knows what she's "fighting" against anymore. It's one thing to be passionate about something but passion doesn't usually include this level of blatant anger.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by no special characters

This thread is my thoughts and i've not posted my thoughts on the programme before as a thread.

I'm sure we can live with this thread being repeated every 9 years lol, this is also a revist...

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MJZoo

I find it so shocking and funny because ifs to blatantly stupid. biased maybe but what the hell.
How can people be allowed to brainwash the kids that much...

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by thecrow001

I was kidding
I love Louis and his complete impartial attitude while interviewing that allows him to sort of blend in and get into peoples unique thoughts. I was even hoping that he touched the minds of the young indoctrinated kids and made them think for themselves....

I truly think that someone like Louis can be a world leader and unity mankind where needed

edit on 6-4-2011 by no special characters because: typo

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

There's nothing wrong with this family and you can shut up!!

Only kidding. This family is so disgusting, but you cannot reason with them, so imo I don't think Louis should have given them additional publicity. They have their beliefs and will not be swayed from their agenda.

Here's hoping that none of them get cancer, hey!!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I have to back those Westboro Baptist believers. I've studied the bible for 15 years and I can't find fault with their stance. Their signs might be outrageous but they are true. Love is not what most people think it is. Love is to sacrifice your own life for others and it seems that's what the Phelps family are all about.

I've watched hundreds of videos about Shirley Phelps, I like her the best, and 11 out of the 13 in her family are Lawyers. Those people are smart. But they get spat at and assaulted all the time. Lots of videos of people spitting in her face, and she just takes the "hate" and continues the good fight. They just won a supreme Court ruling on their own merit.

It seems those who counter protest have the greatest hatred. Just listen to the foul, disgusting and somewhat violent sentiment spewed back at the Phelps - sort of hypocritical - don't you think?

So here's a challenge to all those who keep "parroting" the official media brain washing, I challenge anyone to watch this video (part 1 of 8) and find fault. I'm only linking part 1 you can find the other parts easy enough. I find her to be supremely intelligent, very quick witted, and there is nothing hateful about her at all. WHERE'S THE HATE?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

this video is an excellent example of the dangers of fanaticism & blind faith. common sense or logic should dictate to this family how off the charts they are. one has to be quite closed off to never look around and realize no one else is standing on their side. i feel sorry for this family as I've read the patriarch dominates with physical & mental abuse. like Forrest Gump said: "stupid is as stupid does".

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Here's hoping that none of them get cancer, hey!!

The irony is that the level of anger and negativity they hold within themselves can energetically be the seeds for cancer or other serious health problems (not to say this is always the cause, but it can be.) I wonder if they would rejoice in God's judgment were it to fall on them, especially on the ones that are so self-righteous about it. What's interesting to me is that they completely gloss over all of the talk of love that is in the bible and instead focus on the judgment. The other thing I found interesting in watching both of Louis' films on them was that it seems that the only way to be considered as being right or saved is to spout the same hateful stuff they do. They are not interested in truth just in their small perception of it. As the kids who left showed brainwashing only goes so far. As the kids who stayed show, indoctrination can be a powerful thing. It was clear from Louis talking with the younger kids that they were merely parroting what they had heard all of their lives with no real understanding of what it meant. Sad really. They seem to thrive off of the anger they stir up in others. Ironically, the only real way to deal with them properly is to not react to them at all and love them anyway despite their message of hate. I'm reminded of The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror when the giant mascots came to life and started destroying the city. They were effectively destroyed by following the sing-along advice of "Just Don't Look."

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

[Insert forgiveness here.]

Wait.

[Insert caption on how leader is clearly a frustrated lesbian here.]

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

I agree that they seem to thrive off the anger they incite in people an the only way to del with them is ignore them.

But to purposely show up at funerals and rejoice in the death, it would take a strong person to show any love under those circumstances.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

But to purposely show up at funerals and rejoice in the death, it would take a strong person to show any love under those circumstances.

I think the 1.5 million dead Iraqi's families members might get it. And you too will understand when the military is used against you in the next 18 moths! they only picket PUBLIC funerals of dead soldiers, not private ones. big difference.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DanUKphd

I think the 1.5 million dead Iraqi's families members might get it. And you too will understand when the military is used against you in the next 18 moths! they only picket PUBLIC funerals of dead soldiers, not private ones. big difference.

Do you think this vile family would be upset about the Iraqi civililians dying? You are as deluded as they are if you think that.

I have heard that the military is going to used against me for the last 5 years, so I am prepared fot this, but thanks for your concern!!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Exactly, and that is precisely why they show up at funerals and other places where people are down and grieving. Kick them while they are down-that's the only way they can get the type of reaction they want. How many gay pride parades have they picketed? Of course they've also picketed places where people aren't down and out (broadway plays, etc.) but they keep going back to funerals for that exact reason-any place they think they can get the biggest and most emotional reactions. In this way they are nothing but emotional vampires.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
...people are soo brainwashed theses days....

I didn't even have to see the whole video to be disgusted....

Who are they to say what people can and can not do with their lives, its called choice...

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Do you think this vile family would be upset about the Iraqi civililians dying? You are as deluded as they are if you think that.

No they wouldn't be upset at all about those dead Iraqi's. OK so I issued a challenge above. I guess you couldn't find any specific faults so I'd have to conclude that you are not totally but somewhat deluded because the word "Deluded" is one of the exact buzz words that the media consistently and perpetually use when referring to the Westboro Baptist Church. I suspect you've fallen victim to a bit of propaganda. Tell me, what's vile about believing in God?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

yeah

i can see it, I think that fact that communitys can be so isolated does not help at all....

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DanUKphd

There's nothing vile about believing in God as long as you accept there is nothing vile in not believing in God.

Christians should turn the other cheek. They hate Jews because they called for Jesus' death, which was sanctioned by Pilate. They compared Louis Theroux to Pilate, I couldn't see the comparison.

Jesus was meant to die on the cross, he knew this, he accepted his fate. Don't hate the people that made this sacrifice come true. You should love them, embrace them, don't you think?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
They aren't Christians, and it seems to me its as if a group of cultists pretending to be Christians to put a bad name on this. Because, you have to walk in the footsteps of Yeshua, and show his compassion, love and kindness to be a Christian. The very heart of the message is Love, and doesn't require a religion to live either.
edit on 6-4-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join