It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Shed A Tear.........

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I consider myself a Man. A versatile person who knows how to handle myself in many different situations. I can grapple, box and even know Judo. I work on cars and do my own home remodeling. I know how to handle a gun and I know how to hunt, fish and clean my prize as to make it fit for the dinner table. I know how to train a dog and I know what I have to do to care for my family.

These are all traits of what a stereotypical man should be in the eyes of our modern culture. But to be honest, I cannot maintain that "manly" facade. Today I actually had something strike me at the my very soul, and I cried.

I was watching an update on the Japan situation, and there was a story of a man who had risked being jailed trying to get into the evacuation perimeter near the Fukashima plant. Why would a person risk his life to enter an area deemed too risky? To find his family!

He had not been able to find his wife and two children. Since the day of the earthquake he has been frantically searching for his loved ones. The interview was absolutely heart-wrenching and he broke down and cried on camera. And so I cried with him.

I love my family more than anything. All the traits that make me a man are nothing if it weren't for the people I am a man for. I have a wife and two children, and this story made me realize that in another time and place, that would be me. I would do the same for those I love. But I don't have to, yet.

The pictures and videos of the Japanese looking for safety, and the people they may have lost in this tragedy, remind me of 9/11. In both of these events people were struck at the very heart of their existence. One single event changed the lives of so many......dreams broken and lives shattered. Thousands lost in the battle for senseless greed, only to be trivialized by the talking heads as a way to harvest ratings, and a chance to sell gold.

America declared war on those allegedly responsible for 9/11, but we do not declare war on the clear culprit responsible for the deaths of so many more in a nation on the other side of the globe.

In my opinion, we have put ourselves as humans in a very serious situation. The need for energy, and the profits that we seek to extract from those who require it, have driven us to create monsters only found in science fiction. Nuclear fallout may or may or may not reach the United States, but why are we not worried about the fallout that is now ravaging our fellow humans in Japan? We rush out to stock up on food and potassium iodide, but we feel no remorse for the damage our consumer society has placed on others around the world as long as it's not in our backyard.

As long as we can text #xxxxxx and place a $10 donation to the Red Cross, payable on our next cell phone bill, our conscious is clean. Our politicians squabble back and forth, as we do ourselves, regarding the safety of our energy sources, but to what end? Current history and our common sense tell us that we are in danger from the actions we take. But we disregard that warning because it may disrupt the flow of money. It may force us to turn off the instant gratification and we fear the repercussions of that more than a disaster of any kind.

So I have learned something very important today. There is no difference between myself and that man desperate to find his family in Japan. This time it is him, next time it will be me. I hope that before you or I are thrust into that position that society will finally learn it's lesson and strive for a future that keeps our loved ones at our side, and not lost in the mishaps of corporate and societal lunacy.

Until then....I shed a tear.
edit on 5-4-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: grammer

edit on 5-4-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Truly, truly sad.
I would totally do the same thing in search of my dear loved ones. When in such distress, one doesn't care about bodily harm. It is good though, that people like you can still feel in this day and age. S+F
edit on 4/5/2011 by FoJAk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

These are all traits of what a stereotypical man should be in the eyes of our modern culture. But to be honest, I cannot maintain that "manly" facade. Today I actually had something strike me at the my very soul, and I cried.

What could possibly be more "manly" than that? I applaud your introspection bro. For me its not just the "personally relative" things that choke me up. Its any form of human suffering.So as you can probably guess,,,lately,,,i stay shedding tears.stay safe,,,stay human

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Feminization of man has been a long time goal of governments. Makes us easier to control.

Think I saw a South Park episode about that once.

Crab People?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Star and Flag......

I have voiced the same sentiment lately, And have shed tears myself. I also box,and have taken beatings,and not once shed tears. Have lost close love ones,and havnt shed tears. Sometimes, the situation demands it. I still have faith in humanity,when I read these type of threads. Thank you.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Its good to see people still care about their fellow human.
Real men cry. Dont let anyone tell you different.
Emotions are what makes us human.
Ive shed tears for the world and the people in it that are hurting. When will humanity as a whole can start taking care of one another?
Its a cruel cruel world

edit on 5-4-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

If showing emotion towards the plight of other humans is "feminist", then I gladly accept that label. If I am of strong will, no government can indoctrinate me into anything and just because I admit emotion does not mean anything.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Can't say I don't know what you mean. But I have been able to keep the tears at bay ever since that following saturday.

TEARS

Just make sure you get it all out. I believe any man who sheds tears is more of a man for doing so. Never less.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Thanks for sharing your link.

I have spent a few nights crying with my brother as he told me of the horrors he experienced in Iraq. It's amazing what we put ourselves and our fellow humans through!

I assume you have served, and thank you for that.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
S & F to you, my friend.

One of the most well-written posts I have ever seen here.

Your family is lucky to have you.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Fantastic post OP.

We need more people to start caring.

I see so many people spend their hard-earned money on stuff they don't need like a fancy new shoe just because it's on special whilst the homeless man or homeless teens lie on the street begging for money to pay for his next meal.

It's just not right.

We gotta start using our hearts more instead of our brains.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
There is nothing wrong with shedding tears my friend. It is a sign of a reviving heart. It is a good thing.

Do not despair at this world we have created for it will pass away in the blink of an eye. Do you know we can do so much better if we just stopped doing for ourselves and focused our combined efforts on doing good for all.

Do you know that it is possible to build a nuclear reactor that is absolutely fail safe? We could, but it would cost more money than it would generate.

Money is what drives us, money is what enslaves, it is money we worship. It is the God of our governments and our governments it's high priests.

Shed those tears and I shed them with you. When you are ready for something better, check out the Plan at the bottom of my posts. Ask yourself, "What am I willing to sacrifice to be FREE?"

When you are ready, help spread the word.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 6-4-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

I could not agree with you more.... Well said my friend.

Without family I am nothing.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Thats what the flouride is for to make us more dosile and more controllable,.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Great post Sheepslayer!
Real men should cry.
Reading about Stonewall Jackson and the US Civil War I was struck by a story about him. It seemed Jackson had zero sympathy for any dead or wounded soldiers. He would march his men so hard that some would literally fall over on the side of the road. They could be white as a sheet and he would think them "shirkers of duty". Corpses ripped apart, wounded with limbs missing - all meant nothing to Jackson.
While encamped for several months near Fredericksburg, VA, Jackson made friends with the 5 year old daughter of the owner of the house he was staying in. She would visit him and he would cut out paper figures for her which she always called the Stonewall brigade.
Little Janie came down with scarlet fever and when Jackson was told she had died he broke down and wept openly.

Even U.S. Grant bawled once during the battle of the Wilderness when informed of the day's horrendous casualties.
He wept for 15 minutes then gave orders to continue moving the Army towards Richmond.

Tears are good for us all. I pity those who cannot cry and feel the pain of others. There is nothing feminine about it - it is a universal quality of all mankind. There is plenty to cry about in this day and age which tells me something is seriously wrong and needs addressing. Perhaps that is why many don't cry because then they would have to do something about the situation,

Cheers,
~ATA
edit on 6-4-2011 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

edit on 6-4-2011 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

"What am I willing to sacrifice to be FREE?"

I would gladly give up everything as long as I could be with my family. I would gladly give up everything for that man in Japan to be with his family again.

Our incestious love affair that we have with our current paradigm will be our downffall. As I have stated in another thread I authored, the value of life is worthless to many because the value of materialism is much higher.

As a race, we have some growing up to do.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I say this as a women, and I know that many men will not agree,
but to me, any person male or female that do not allow themselves
to completely feel and display their emotions, are not walking in the fullness of who they are.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

I would gladly give up everything as long as I could be with my family. I would gladly give up everything for that man in Japan to be with his family again.

Our incestious love affair that we have with our current paradigm will be our downffall. As I have stated in another thread I authored, the value of life is worthless to many because the value of materialism is much higher.

As a race, we have some growing up to do.

This is good to hear my friend, because this is exactly what it is going to take to shut down the machine.

Spread the message and be the light you are!

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I think you may be crying out of sheer frustration as well. As a traditional man, you likely have a strong drive to rescue, as well as fix and provide. You are blocked from participating in a dangerous mission of helping, via long distances. I think no matter how strong a person is, outwardly or innerly, if they feel trapped, tears will come. I imagine Jesse Ventura would be crying if he were somehow prevented from going around in his mission for people, truth, and justice.
See, it just means you are a good person.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Yeah I had to throw in mi 2 cent too.I am by no means a wimp,former active Marine,and yeah I can do all those things too.My friend what makes me proud to say I am a man like you is I too shed tears over these people living in what would be my worst nightmare,If a man can't feel that deeply for others misery,well in my opinion he is only a shadow of a man.You touched me also,thanks for letting me know it ain't all talk....Semper Fi and peace Ya,ll
and to everyone who agrees YOU are my true brothers and sisters...2 stars and a flag for you OP

edit on 6-4-2011 by gary714 because: I needed to

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join