It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Budget Plan to Eliminate National Debt

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
This post will be simple. Read this artical and see what you think. It is Rep. Paul Ryan's Solution to the problum. I think most of it would be a great idea. I am from Wisconsin so it has been on our news all day. What do you like or dislike about his plan. And do you think if it went through it would help? www.cnbc.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerman24

no offense but any financial advice coming out of Wisconsin you should probably take with a grain (or SILO) of salt. lol

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mac420

And why is that? We have people here now trying to fix the mess they were givin and doing a pretty good job i would say.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Hmmm. Cut social security, sure, put more into poverty. I didn't see any cuts in defence spending or on taxes.

See, you still pay the same amount of tax, or more in most cases, yet get less for your investment. Nevermind the banks have been saved and they're still paying out Billions in bonuses.

'Okay people, go back to your reality T.V, nothing happening here.'

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I won't go into politics since that and religion are two things never to argue since nobody wins, but I was against taking away collective bargaining to balance the budget. I believe if you want to balance a budget, take away the fat and not the necessary programs.

(in this example the FAT is top 2% tax breaks, give a cap to ridiculous salary/bonuses etc)

but thats my humble Liberal opinion lol

Mac

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Defence spending should always be the LAST thing cut. Who cares what kind of S.S. you have if your russian or chinese...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Hogwash. Period. There is no "eliminating" the national debt. He says it's going to "peak" at 74.5% of the GDP. Uh, the debt surpassed 100% of our GDP over a year ago, and is still growing at over 4 billion a day, while the GDP shrinks.

The national debt is not something that can ever be eliminated. Even if every American were taxed at 100%, we'd still not be able to make even the interest payments. Laughable at best.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mac420

haha to each there own

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

if your living on social security your already living in poverty. what do you people think social security is? living high on the hog with thousands to spare

i swear the people who push for entitlements dont live on them maybe its time you do and find out just exactly what your pushing on other people.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

You already have enough arms to defend yourselves, why waste more on buying something you would only use in offence?

Or do you go along with the ethos that the U.S should be at the forefront of policing the world?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

if your living on social security your already living in poverty. what do you people think social security is? living high on the hog with thousands to spare

i swear the people who push for entitlements dont live on them maybe its time you do and find out just exactly what your pushing on other people.

I obviously didn't make myself clear with my post sorry.

What I was saying that by reducing any social security payments or removing them entirely would put people into greater poverty. I know what it is like to be without, as well as knowing what it is like to be comfortable.

I appreciate that people living on social security are not living the high life, I am not that ignorant.

I wasn't attacking the people living on social security.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Denninger does a pretty good job of breaking this down, and why it's meaningless....

market-ticker.org...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I like how he tries to sneak in the repeal of the Health Care Reform bill into his "budget" bill.

That right there should show anyone that this isn't a serious proposal for a serious budget bill.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Obamacare is already dead. Or atleast as much as it needs to be.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Let's just get step 1 right, spend less than we earn from tax revenue to balance the current budget and prevent us from going into the hole any further. This would be a good start, then we can start talking about reducing. $4 trillion in 10 years is just a bit hard to imagine at this point.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

my bad guess i misread that

people could be living better if they werent so dependent on mother and father government i am a proponent of privatization of social security if that money was locked away and if the individual has the say of what and how it was invested they could be living better than they all are right now.

getting government out of the financial system would be another great benefit and getting the federal reserve out of the system as well and get savings and investments rates back up what they were like back in the day when my savings account was earning 6% and money markets rates were paying 6% every month.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerman24

Obamacare is already dead. Or atleast as much as it needs to be.

The health care reform bill is still law of the land. Not one portion of it is "dead".

If you are refering to the ruling in Florida, the judge has also ruled that states continue to implement it until it is heard by the Supreme Court.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

So what you saying is Henry ford should have just stoped at the model-T and that is what we should be driving? When better ways to do things are found they should be used. I think until all other countries stop stock pilling arms we should NOT even think about it. We have wepons now that were in star trek. The Russians have not stoped building new bombs why on earth would/should we?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

No i am talking about the funding being lost for it. Look it up.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerman24

No i am talking about the funding being lost for it. Look it up.

You see..when you make a claim it is YOUR job to provide a source for it.

The funding has not been "stopped" as of yet. Provide a source if you are claiming otherwise.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join