It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After the war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 02:31 PM
link   
When Saddam is removed from power,how will the coalition rebuild Iraq?Ther are 3 differant factions that live in Iraq,and fight one another,plus surrounding countries that don't like Iraq.Their values and morals are vastly differant from ours.If we liberate Iraq are they going to able to handle a western type of society?
Also is a western society in Middle East going to be able to function with the rest of the Arab countries?
I think the war is going to be the easy part.Getting Iraq to become the country we have pictured after the war is going to be a much bigger challenge.
Just my thoughts on post war Iraq.

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 02:33 PM
link   
No doubt that the "post-war Iraq" is an important part of the war planning. They just aren't sharing it yet. Strangely, I am more optimistic about the post-war Iraq government, than I am the current Afghanistan government....

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 03:00 PM
link   
At least Iraq has an infra-structure to work with,unlike Afghanistan.I think thats why we are not hitting electrical plants or desroying their water plants etc.
I'am looking forward to seeing how post war is handled.

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 06:24 PM
link   
for us not taking them out...

1. It will be less to rebuild, and lead to a quicker rebuild.
2. It will help reinforce that we are not against the Iraqi people, and that we are trying to keep their lives as normal as possible, despite the bombing of the regime in power.

new topics

top topics

join