It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Headache after Panoramic Dental X-Ray

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Today I went to get a panoramic x-ray of my teeth.

It´s one of those machines where you have to place your chin on the machine and the x-ray spins around your head.

Right afterwards I had a weird sensation going through my head and it turned into a full blown headache, wich I´m still experiencing right now, 10 hours after.

I never have headaches, especially not the whole day.

There has got to be a connection.

I know that I´m really sensitive to radiation, if I have a cell phone to my ear for 20 seconds, my brain starts to feel weird and I have to change ears and if the conversation lasts longer I have to put it on speaker.

If I am gazing into my microwave watching my food getting nuked, and stand just a bit too close to the little window, my brain feels like it starts to fry too.

So I must say that I already had the feeling that this x-ray would not be good for me. But I don´t think I subconsciously talked myself into this day long headache.

What do you guys think?

Oh forgot, here´s some links from a quick google search, about two other people that had a similar experience.

www.mombu.com...

www.medhelp.org...
edit on 5-4-2011 by UrgentInsurgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
maybe water in the ear?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I've had the same reaction and the headaches are severe and can last for more than a day.

I am hoping not to have to go back to the dentist for a while...everytime I go, they want more xrays. I leave with a monsterous headache everytime I have the xrays done. I have been to the dentist many times in the last few years for corrective work. They are finally done drilling my teeth and my wallet...thank God!

I must add though, that I've been getting these long-lasting headaches more and more frequently since the beginning of this year...so I cannot be sure if they are xray related.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by gougitousakusha

No, I don´t have water in my ear, not that I know off anyway.

But what do you mean actually, that the water in my ear is causing my headache, or the water in my ear with the x-ray?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by staciebee

That´s interesting, do you feel like you are sensitive to other radiation sources like I mentioned in the OP?

In your case it could also be because of the actual dental work. I always feel a bit sick after I leave the dentist, it´s because of all the chemical stuff they use I think.

Or maybe they upset the nerves in your teeth because of the drilling, and that´s making your headache.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I know this is an old thread, but I have the same Thing going on. Here is my story… I went to the dentist on Wednesday for a routine checkup and they wanted to take x-rays. While getting the x-taken I felt a weird sensation in my head. Afterward I experienced dizziness and a mild headache. I thought nothing of this and beloved it was just coincidence. At the time they found no dental problems (such as cavities or infections.). A week later I when to an oral surgeon for a consultation about a wisdom tooth that my dentist recommended that I get removed. The surgeon took a panoramic x-ray; the same thing occurred I could actually feel the x-ray rotating around my head followed by dizziness and a major headache. Ok 2nd time possibly coincident. To-day, 3days after the oral surgeon I was back at the dentist’s office for a basic cleaning and they decided that they needed to do a full mouth x-ray 18 plates. The same thing occurred I could feel every x-ray and am writing this new slightly dizzy and another major headache!

Can anyone explain this?

I’m 37 and not prone to headaches I maybe get one once or twice a year at most, and as I said no dental problems, and no drilling or even hard scarping as I said basic cleaning nothing more and it’s not tension based I was completely relaxed each time. the headache began before the cleaning started.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join