It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rutgers University defends Snooki's $32,000 appearance, maybe world really is coming to a end

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
www.reuters.com...

(Reuters) - A U.S. university defended spending about $32,000 to bring reality television star Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi to campus this week, despite several students questioning if it was a wise use of money.

The speaking fee Rutgers University in New Jersey paid to the star of the MTV reality television series "The Jersey Shore" is $2,000 more than Nobel and Pulitzer Prize winning author Toni Morrison will receive to speak at graduation on May 15.

[*SNIP*]

Some of her words of wisdom was to study hard, party harder!!!

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page): MEMBERS: Do not simply post news articles in the forums without comment. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of current events, please post the first paragraph, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item.

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread – Please Review Link

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.
edit on 4/4/2011 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Hahaha!

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.
edit on 4/4/2011 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Yet another indicator of mass psychosis

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
What's wrong with this? Reality tv and universities go hand in hand, they are both for idiots.

By 2013 a college degree won't mean squat.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Mayura

The sad thing is this will increase their applicant pool for next year and then they can raise their tuition because of demand.

They are not stupid there.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Interesting insight, but those concepts are about the fly out the window...

Anyone spending time in college as we near the end of this cycle is an idiot, they are wasted.

I'm heir to over a million bucks but I know I'll never spend it. Deep knowing. Not intellectual fluff.

Enjoy life, sit back and watch the show I say.

join