It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo of a UFO or the Moon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Hello,

My friend from Northampton UK emailed me a few days ago and the email had these pics in:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9cf2de4e6bb1.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a139a748bbcf.jpg[/atsimg]

she said it was in the sky for 5 minutes then just vanished. I asked her to go to the same place and take some pics at night and at day so we could determine whether it was a lampost or something like that.
She took the pics using her iphone while she was at work.

Heres the pics she took at work at a different date to her sighting...:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dc0df9e8903c.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/97a2639398e3.jpg[/atsimg]

Im not sure whether its the moon behind some clouds or a genuine ufo or a plane or helicopter??. Also the smearing of the light coming from the buildings and the smearing of the light on the ufo are at the same angle.

Would love your thoughts on these pics... thanks....
edit on 2/4/11 by justjoemusic because: To add important info.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Must have been really bright. Bedfordshire police chopper with its nighth sun on? Did she hear anything? If you can give a google location, direction and datetime, the moon could be discounted/considered.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by justjoemusic

Noticing the two streaks of lights on either side of the object, at first it does look like some weird object in the sky. But then comparing it to the little light at the bottem, again you see the streaks, thus making it most probably the moon.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by nomadros

Yes it looks really bright... il try and get the exact location from her as soon as i hear from her. She did say she didnt hear no noise or anything.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Mentalistbee

Yes at first i thought ok its a ufo but after noticing all the streaks on the object and the streaks in the lights in the buildings its making me think its something normal and probably the moon. I will get her location and will try and work out if the moon was in that part of the sky or not but wont be speaking to her til later today.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Here is another pic which i added a filter to show edges more....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/530b6e65a0fc.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
is it northampton bus station? that some quite bright street lights surrounding it
agree about the police helicopter its always buzzing around here and it has got a massivly powerful searchlight on it

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
lunar halo

nost ufo cses are easily explainable, ppl simply dont know what they are seeing

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by justjoemusic

You know what?
I'm in the process of getting a thread together that deals with UFO sightings.
There are so many sightings at night and no one seems to get good images.
They are usually sightings of "lights in the sky" in triangular formation.
I'm getting quite fed-up with them and will deal with them appropriately.
I believe but there are in fact more night sightings than day sightings.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by nomadros
Must have been really bright. Bedfordshire police chopper with its nighth sun on? Did she hear anything? If you can give a google location, direction and datetime, the moon could be discounted/considered.

i would have to agree with it being the police chopper. i live not too far away and have seen this regularly at night and it always turns out to be the police eurocopter with night sun on...

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Bartibog

night time photos are always going to be far inferior to ones taken in daylight unless you have a very high end camera or and or a night vision lens. these days lots of people use camera phones and even in good conditions they take pretty average images. my phone has a 8 mega pixle camera but the pictures it takes are not in the same league as my old 2mp olyumpus dslr. i allways have my phone rarely do i have my camera

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
In the first image, there's something near the bottom that is shining on exactly the same angle as the object in question. How weird!

At first glance, I thought it looked like the supermoon peaking through the clouds, but that filtered image is making me think otherwise.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Given the date, time and direction of the image would be enough to either suspect the Moon or eliminate it. Moon charts abound on the internet for making that determination. Unfortunately, all too few feel compelled enough to do their own searches.

top topics

join