It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaddafi rejects rebel truce offer... rebels about to be wiped out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Gaddafi rejects rebel truce offer

Moamar Gaddafi's regime has rejected a conditional ceasefire offer made by Libyan rebels, saying government forces would not withdraw from towns they control.

Insurgents, who have been fighting for weeks to topple Mr Gaddafi's regime, had proposed a ceasefire on the condition government forces agreed to stop their assault on key cities and towns in the country's east.

But government spokesman Mussa Ibrahim called the truce offer a "trick", and said it would not be agreed to.

"The rebels never offered peace. They don't offer peace, they are making impossible demands," he said.

But the rebels aren't giving hope.

The rebels insist despite the ceasefire offer, their goal is still to topple Mr Gaddafi's regime, which has continued to make inroads into rebel-held cities, including the north-west oil town of Brega.

But they really have problems.

Since the start of the fighting, the rebel ranks have been a motley crew of undisciplined brawlers, held together only by the lone desert highway.

Rebels speaking from Misrata said Mr Gaddafi's forces had brought their superior firepower to bear on the insurgents' last western enclave with an intense bombardment.

"They used tanks, rocket-propelled grenades, mortar rounds and other projectiles to hit the city today. It was random and very intense bombardment," said a spokesman named Sami.

"We no longer recognise the place. The destruction cannot be described.

"The pro-Gaddafi soldiers who made it inside the city through Tripoli Street are pillaging the place, the shops, even homes, and destroying everything in the process."

IMO either the UN takes out Qaddafi, which they likely won't do since it's an international crime, or invade to save the ``rebels`` or let the ``rebels`` get wiped out.

They way it's going now and has been for the last few weeks, if it continues, it's only a matter of time before the rebels get wiped out.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I'm disgusted! Either we help them or get the hell out of there!

or as my dear Granny use to say "**** or get off the pot!
edit on 1-4-2011 by grumpydaysleeper because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by grumpydaysleeper

Ive seen some disgusting videos coming out of Libya from both sides doing terrible things, We should get out of there ASAP

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Rebels are only 1,500 in number it seems the CIA was in Libya in weeks even before the so called uprising begun, dont tell me your supporting the rebels?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by Vitchilo

Rebels are only 1,500 in number it seems the CIA was in Libya in weeks even before the so called uprising begun, dont tell me your supporting the rebels?

I'm just saying.

Libyan Rebels Seek Cease-Fire as U.S. Vows to Withdraw Jets

U.S. Jets

The rebels’ call for a cease-fire comes one day after Mike Mullen, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said U.S. jets won’t be flying with NATO forces over Libya after April 2. Mullen said planes would be made available only if requested by NATO. Secretary of Defense Robert Gates told Congress the U.S. will “significantly ramp down our commitment” to Libya except for electronic warfare, aerial refueling and surveillance.

So that's might be why.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
This problem is none of our business. Western Libya has always been more radical and fundamentalist Muslim than the eastern portions - more tribal, more backwards, and more troublesome.

It's a bit of a civil war.

I live in the Southern US, and even though we seceded - we got invaded and are still occupied territories.

But.

We wait.

And when the South again busts a move, we sure as hell don't want any foreigners help or assistance.

It won't be needed.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
And after Gaddafi is finished with the "Rebels",he is gonna attack the West next...after which the West is "forced" to invade Lybia...

Why do i get the sudden feeling that this is exactly what the US wants...

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
What a mess!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shenon
And after Gaddafi is finished with the "Rebels",he is gonna attack the West next...after which the West is "forced" to invade Lybia...

This is probably what is gonna happen... and it's sad really, it's too obvious.
edit on 1-4-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Time to put up or shut up.

Do you support ghaddafi and his regime?

Simple yes or no.

If the answer is no and you still complain about how things are going, then at least propose a solution that doesn't end in bloody reprisals while the world watches.

What's the alternative solution to removing ghaddafi if you do not support him?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
kill-'em all an let god sort them out

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
The more people that get "wiped out", the easier it is to take over their land/resources. This has been the game plan in dealing with Africa for quite some time now.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ImplausibleDeniability

Time to put up or shut up. Do you support ghaddafi and his regime? Simple yes or no. If the answer is no and you still complain about how things are going, then at least propose a solution that doesn't end in bloody reprisals while the world watches. What's the alternative solution to removing ghaddafi if you do not support him?

Well the problem is you're simplifying a situation that absolutely cannot be simplified. I don't support Gadhafi and his regime but I also don't support the rebels. I don't feel that a dictator should be in charge but the bloodshed seems trivial in retrospect. What are they fighting for? Freedom, Oil, sovereignty? There are better ways to achieve this than cornering a rabid dog.

The unfortunate mess that has been created thus far will ultimately lead to the removal of Gadhafi whether he's realized it or not. Minds like his will not stop until he's squashed every iota of dissent in his country and then some. He will level his own country just to save face. He needs to be taken out for the betterment of his people as well as the cohesiveness of the planet. Furthermore however the rebels shouldn't take over either as they've clearly shown a lack of consideration for those who cared about Gadhafi's decisions and believed it wasn't so bad there.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
The only true reason why the Rebellion put up the offer is because they cannot match the brutality of the beast and his minions.

The beast had ordered the TOTAL annihilation of cities outside Tripoli, regardless pro or anti beast civilians, as their systematic heavy and cruel bombardment as well as his armed minions rampaging barbarically upon there on innocent men, women and children, each time the bombardment ceased.

The Rebellion cared about their own fellow libyans and will not do the same.

I can understand if mercenaries from the beast do their jobs. They were paid to do so. Money is a huge incentive, more so as they get rights to murder, hurt, harm and pillage. These are animals and will be shown no mercy upon encountered.

I can understand if children living in Tripoli supports the beast. Children and teens are naively innocent and obey only orders from their parents and adults, whom tells them what to see and what to do.

But I can't understand why the Tripoli residents would support the mass murderer that Gaddafi is, and would stay to defend him. Perhaps they are hostages, but then the residents are more than the armed troops, and with sheer mass, the minions could be easily overpowered.

I refused to believe that none of the Tripoli residents is brave enough, for they too, are humans just like us and would never bow to domination, more so from a mass murdering corrupt beast leader, as he continues on his murdering sprees upon fellow Libyans outside Tripoli.

Perhaps, they prefer the benefits and money tainted in blood stolen and robbed at gun point over years from other innocent libyans from the nation by the beast, and handed out to them , as it had been handed out to outsiders whom had sided with the beast - African Union, Chavez, Russia, China, certain latin states, etc......
edit on 2-4-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join